New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Re: New album update

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:53 pm

What's the point of even including those live tracks with the fill in musicians. Just put the ACG songs on the actual album and call it a day. Or better yet, the bonus disc could've had the full Good Records live set, plus the 2 new tracks, and it would've been an awesome treat for the hardcore ACG fans. These live songs from Columbus just seem like theyre there to take up space.

A little disappointed there's only 10 songs on the album after a 6 year wait...but then again, I'd rather have 10 solid songs than 14 songs with 4 filler tracks. Guess we'll find out next month!

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:19 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:What's the point of even including those live tracks with the fill in musicians. Just put the ACG songs on the actual album and call it a day. Or better yet, the bonus disc could've had the full Good Records live set, plus the 2 new tracks, and it would've been an awesome treat for the hardcore ACG fans. These live songs from Columbus just seem like theyre there to take up space.

A little disappointed there's only 10 songs on the album after a 6 year wait...but then again, I'd rather have 10 solid songs than 14 songs with 4 filler tracks. Guess we'll find out next month!

The live tracks are there just to fill up space, the 2 ACG tracks are the bonus non LP cuts, so instead of just having a second disk with 2 songs they add random live tracks just like the special edition of welcome 2
Last edited by Somwhere In Auckland on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:24 pm

My problem with the live tracks is the selection of songs.... I've lost count of how many official recordings of No More Mr Nice Guy I've got. And there are not that different from each other. The biggest difference I've found is that on Thetre of Death ALice wasn't singin' the chorus and on Download he did. Pretty big difference, right?

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Devon wrote:TRACKLISTING (from NWAC Facebook)

1. Paranormal
2. Dead Flies
3. Fireball
4. Paranoiac Personality
5. Fallen In Love
6. Dynamite Road
7. Private Public Breakdown
8. Holy Water
9. Rats
10. The Sound Of A (Not sure if this is incomplete)
Studio recordings with the original Alice Cooper band:
11. Genuine American Girl
12. You And All Of Your Friends
Live in Columbus, Ohio, May 6th, 2016 with the current Alice Cooper band:
13. No More Mr. Nice Guy
14. Under My Wheels
15. Billion Dollar Babies
16. Feed My Frankenstein
17. Only Women Bleed
18. School's Out
Devon, The tracklisting is right ,even track 10 on disc 1 especially, NWAC wouldn't make a huge mistake like that especially with something as important as the tracklisting, come on, get with it!!

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:47 pm

KeithGale wrote:I like the single, very clear production, also using the words paranoic and vicious rumours seems like a little nod to the song Vicious Rumours "Vicious rumours, paranoic fears"!
I liked that reference a lot. Other than that, the song doesn't excite me at all.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:48 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:What's the point of even including those live tracks with the fill in musicians. Just put the ACG songs on the actual album and call it a day. Or better yet, the bonus disc could've had the full Good Records live set, plus the 2 new tracks, and it would've been an awesome treat for the hardcore ACG fans. These live songs from Columbus just seem like theyre there to take up space.

Yes ,there is 10 songs on the album but between both discs put together in reality it's actually 12 new songs!!, really .

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:54 pm

The choice of touring band vs. ACG live tracks is a misstep in my opinion. It can't be secret to Alice & team that fans would have preferred a set of ACG live tracks, but there were probably a lot of reason$ that was not to be.

However, live versions of these particular tracks, regardless of the performers are not exciting to me. What would make a live selection unique is if the songs did not exist in recorded form, were rarely heard live, or were drastically different from their recorded versions.

I'm just grateful for an album of (12!) songs that are hopefully as good or better than the single. A second disc is pure gravy.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:05 pm

Initial thoughts:
Just 10 tracks could suggest hopefully that we get some longer songs this time and not so many 3 minute ones? Would be about time.

Live songs are a waste of space. Put the rarer songs in the set in there instead like 'World Needs Guts', or, as has been said, ACG versions of those songs which would be of more importance/interest.

The titles there do sound interesting though.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Si wrote:Initial thoughts:
Just 10 tracks could suggest hopefully that we get some longer songs this time and not so many 3 minute ones? Would be about time.

Live songs are a waste of space. Put the rarer songs in the set in there instead like 'World Needs Guts', or, as has been said, ACG versions of those songs which would be of more importance/interest.

The titles there do sound interesting though.
Yes they do have quite interesting names of the songs like personally I like, the title track, fireball, dynamite road,holy water, the sound of A. People what are your favorite song titles so far and which ones are you most looking forward to hearing?

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Single was ok. Really like the titles of the songs, but that means very little if they suck. We will see. In agreement that I was expecting an ACG live set on the bonus disc. Not having it makes the bonus disc make very little sense. Live recording of rarities would have been nice instead but again with the classics. Meh. Hope the actual album is good.

Also, I'm really curious why they ditched the third ACG studio song.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:Single was ok. Really like the titles of the songs, but that means very little if they suck. We will see. In agreement that I was expecting an ACG live set on the bonus disc. Not having it makes the bonus disc make very little sense. Live recording of rarities would have been nice instead but again with the classics. Meh. Hope the actual album is good.

They didn't ditch the 3rd ACG new song, it's on the main album disc 1,but who knows which one it is.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:Single was ok. Really like the titles of the songs, but that means very little if they suck. We will see. In agreement that I was expecting an ACG live set on the bonus disc. Not having it makes the bonus disc make very little sense. Live recording of rarities would have been nice instead but again with the classics. Meh. Hope the actual album is good. I'm wondering this why is everyone on this thread keep asking if the new album is gonna be good or not. . Since when has Alice disappointed us fans with a bad horrible album?? Maybe once, with ACAS but other than that never, I think it will be brilliant, and why would Alice put out Crap?? Hmmm think about this for a moment.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 pm

This is such a waste...a complete ripoff. They could have released 12 songs on one disc, because I guarantee those 12 songs combined do not take up 75 minutes of space, and then released almost a full live show on another disc if he wanted too give us something worth having.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:30 pm

guttertrash wrote:This is such a waste...a complete ripoff. They could have released 12 songs on one disc, because I guarantee those 12 songs combined do not take up 75 minutes of space, and then released almost a full live show on another disc if he wanted too give us something worth having.
I don't think it was Alice's decision what material ended up going on at least disc 2 , I think that was definitely a record executive companys decision for sure.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Ultimate Classic Rock has a nice article.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-co ... rsonality/

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote: But, seriously? Another No more mr Nice guy? Billion Dollar Babies? Under my wheels?
Why? I'm seriously asking, why :/
Only thing I an figure is the "classics" pull in the casual on the fence buyer who knows those songs.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Alice posted this recently on his NWAC Facebook : paranormal is like 12 episodes of the Twilight Zone but in little evil tales. Now I'm really excited for this album after what Alice said.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:45 am

Did I hear somewhere that this was the third part of a trilogy with the last two albums? Along Came A Spider, Along Came A Sucker, and now we get Along Came The Sheeple.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:50 am

Did they change their minds with the whole "I wanna be a Genuine American Girl", or did they forget to put "I wanna be a" in the track listing? Unless track 10 "The sound of A" leads into song 11 to form "The Sound of a Genuine American Girl"? It could explain the whole cross dressing theme without stating it directly in track 10.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:04 am

I don't think they forgot the beginning part of the song in the tracklisting, that would be a pretty big mistake, I think Alice just doesn't get things accurate sometimes and the " I wanna be a" part is just a part he sings in the song itself. And the sound of a is right as well it's a completely separate song.