New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New album update

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 4:14 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:The way the press release only mentions the original trio on a mini album as a bonus disk suggests none made the cut for the actual album could explain why in interviews Alice hasn't mentioned the original group being on paranormal
I haven`t seen the full press release yet, but I'm thinking they maybe just thought it would be cool to put all the ACG material together with some bonus stuff and keep it apart from the main album.
In a way, depending on how many tracks make the bonus disc (it mentions live tracks), it could almost, in a way, be the reunion record people want, but released as a bonus rather then standalone album.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu May 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Si wrote:
Somwhere In Auckland wrote:The way the press release only mentions the original trio on a mini album as a bonus disk suggests none made the cut for the actual album could explain why in interviews Alice hasn't mentioned the original group being on paranormal
I haven`t seen the full press release yet, but I'm thinking they maybe just thought it would be cool to put all the ACG material together with some bonus stuff and keep it apart from the main album.
In a way, depending on how many tracks make the bonus disc (it mentions live tracks), it could almost, in a way, be the reunion record people want, but released as a bonus rather then standalone album.
It's great news as it effectively means we're getting 3 more solo AC tracks in addition to the 3 ACG songs!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 5:34 pm

PRESS RELEASE
May 11, 2017

ALICE COOPER ANNOUNCES WORLDWIDE SIGNING TO earMUSIC

TO RELEASE NEW STUDIO ALBUM PARANORMAL ON JULY 28

earMUSIC is proud to announce the worldwide signing of legendary shock-rocker Alice Cooper.

Paranormal, Alice Cooper's new studio album and his first in six years, will be released on July 28, 2017 on earMUSIC as 2CD Digipak, 2LP, Limited Box Set, and Digital.

The 12-track album has been recorded in Nashville with long-time collaborator Bob Ezrin and features a very special bonus CD — a mini-album consisting of three brand new songs written and recorded together with the original Alice Cooper band members Dennis Dunaway, drummer Neal Smith, and guitarist Michael Bruce, alongside carefully selected live recordings.

Paranormal also features special guest appearances by U2's Larry Mullen Jr., ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons, and Deep Purple's Roger Glover.

Alice Cooper will be touring extensively this year in support of Paranormal, visiting cities in the U.S., Europe, and Australasia.
[Tour Dates Cut]

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu May 11, 2017 5:36 pm

I hope if the three ACG tracks have been destined to a mini-lp that they will end up just releasing that by itself. No need for the rest for me.

And just because Metallica made their best album in 25 years (I still don't see it being as good as Load and Re-Load, and I dislike them), it doesn't mean it is good. When a band has sucked for so long, it can be head and shoulders above all their terrible albums and still not be worth listening too. I hope they are hardwired to self-destruct at this point.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu May 11, 2017 5:44 pm

I have to take back what I said earlier. Although I'm not gonna judge it until I hear the whole thing from start to finish, I am actually looking forward to this a lot more now. Maybe it was the press release haha!! But it's a new Alice album, and I like the idea of the whole mini album thing. I might be the only one but I like that the original band songs are being kept seperate. Let's face it, this is probably the closest we'll get.

Anyway I guess we'll find out in three months :)
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu May 11, 2017 5:53 pm

guttertrash wrote: And just because Metallica made their best album in 25 years (I still don't see it being as good as Load and Re-Load, and I dislike them), it doesn't mean it is good. When a band has sucked for so long, it can be head and shoulders above all their terrible albums and still not be worth listening too. I hope they are hardwired to self-destruct at this point.
Geeze, you're getting into semantics. Lots of people like the new Metallica album, including me. It's very good an the best thing they've done since their heyday. Okay?

I even liked a lot of "Death Magnetic". That album was their first step towards moving back to what they do best.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu May 11, 2017 5:56 pm

From earMUSIC's Facebook page...

"WELCOME TO... OUR SPOILER".
We were about to play with you all, tease you a bit, preparing the "big news" that one of the greatest and biggest rockstars of all time had joined earMUSIC.
The master of grotesque has played a nice trick on us and with a great "Pièce de théâtre" he has announced that July is when "Paranormal", his new album, will hit the shops.
So now you all know about it... it seems. You know that the album is produced by Bob Ezrin and that there are many incredible guests artists.
What we can add, is that this album is a dream come true for those who love the dirty garage sound of Alice's early albums.
We welcome the one and only Alice Cooper! We could not be happier to be working with you, even if you ruined our announcement.

Seems like we may have been in store for some more teasers, or something. I wonder if those guys know about Alice's talent for self-promotion...?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu May 11, 2017 5:58 pm

guttertrash wrote:I hope if the three ACG tracks have been destined to a mini-lp that they will end up just releasing that by itself. No need for the rest for me.
Probably not, it seems this is a means to get people to buy a more expensive version by including rare songs that are only available on it.

This is a bit strange, though. In all the press it's been mentioned that there are three songs from the orignal band on the discs, but the press release seems to indicate they are not actually on the album, but on a separate mini-album.

I hope my original assumption was correct and the press release is just not clear that the mini-album consists of the other three songs they recorded and we'll be getting all six original band tracks.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:41 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
guttertrash wrote:I hope if the three ACG tracks have been destined to a mini-lp that they will end up just releasing that by itself. No need for the rest for me.
Probably not, it seems this is a means to get people to buy a more expensive version by including rare songs that are only available on it.

This is a bit strange, though. In all the press it's been mentioned that there are three songs from the orignal band on the discs, but the press release seems to indicate they are not actually on the album, but on a separate mini-album.

I hope my original assumption was correct and the press release is just not clear that the mini-album consists of the other three songs they recorded and we'll be getting all six original band tracks.
It would be nice if someone could clear this up.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu May 11, 2017 7:14 pm

pitkin88 wrote:

It would be nice if someone could clear this up.
Yes, it is strange, and it would definitely be nice to have this cleared up. I like that they are claiming it is going to be liked by fans of the early Alice, but W2MN was supposed to be a great sequel to the original, and the song titles tell me that it is more schlock than satire so far. Here's hoping though...

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu May 11, 2017 8:29 pm

As Alice and the rest of the ACG recorded a total of 6 new songs, I think it would be great if all of the tracks could be put on 1 CD as a standalone release; in order to flesh out the playing time maybe some live tracks from recent special appearances by the ACG could be added.

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 9:40 pm

guttertrash wrote: And just because Metallica made their best album in 25 years (I still don't see it being as good as Load and Re-Load, and I dislike them), it doesn't mean it is good. When a band has sucked for so long, it can be head and shoulders above all their terrible albums and still not be worth listening too. I hope they are hardwired to self-destruct at this point.
Geeze, you're getting into semantics. Lots of people like the new Metallica album, including me. It's very good an the best thing they've done since their heyday. Okay?

I even liked a lot of "Death Magnetic". That album was their first step towards moving back to what they do best.
I agree. And they still nail it live every night.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 pm

As there is no listing of a single CD version, I would guess that isn`t the case. Everyone will get the bonus disc when the buy the album, and it'll probably be more or less normal price.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
As Alice and the rest of the ACG recorded a total of 6 new songs, I think it would be great if all of the tracks could be put on 1 CD as a standalone release; in order to flesh out the playing time maybe some live tracks from recent special appearances by the ACG could be added.

Ted
Well it does say there are live tracks on the bonus CD. It isn`t clear yet if they are the original band or the current band though.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu May 11, 2017 10:28 pm

Hopefully the box set version is near the quality of the Wacken release.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Si wrote:
As there is no listing of a single CD version, I would guess that isn`t the case. Everyone will get the bonus disc when the buy the album, and it'll probably be more or less normal price.
I didn't catch that, good news.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri May 12, 2017 12:09 am

This is great news, im hoping that the ACG songs didnt fit the vibe but were awesome songs and he didnt want to leave them out (and the record label get a slightly more expensive package to push )
I will pre order this a.s.a.p. im pretty excited tbh, i have been burnt in the past but the highs seriously outweigh the lows.

Also can i just point out that although hardwired to self destruct is not master of puppets it is a great album with some great songs, way better and more consistent than anything post black. It rocks hard and has some crushing hooks with hetfields career best vocals.

Bring on the new alice album and tbh bring on any established artists new albums. Im up for any artists trying to put out good art.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri May 12, 2017 1:32 am

I think deep down Metallica were just Hardwired To Drop Another Load, but they masked it so people would unload some cash. I guess working at a small music venue has just ruined me. I see a lot of fantastic little bands that will never break even while out and about playing music, and more often than not, it destroys the established bands that are turning out yet another album that will ultimately sit on somebody's shelf after 6 months at the most to never be played again. While you have this awesome little band that will never be heard by more than probably 30 or 40 people at a time killing it. I saw this quirky band last night that sounded like what I imagine The Talking Heads would have sounded like in their formative years in the 70s if Zappa had used them for his band before David Byrne turned them trite, pathetic garbage.

As far as Alice, I am so on the fence about this album. So many mixed signals. Love the roll out, love that they are claiming it will be enjoyed by fans of the early ACG era, but those song titles are so schlocky, and the guests besides the ACG just make me question what they are thinking...I'm holding out hope without much expectation at this point.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri May 12, 2017 1:49 am

I hope the boxset has everything in it. So cds + vinyl + book(let). I hate it when the recordcompany put out a superdeluxe box and you still have to buy more to get everything like the upcoming reissue of the Radiohead OK COMPUTER box.
And please NO cassettes although I still have a player.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri May 12, 2017 2:32 am

mestreech wrote:I hope the boxset has everything in it. So cds + vinyl + book(let). I hate it when the recordcompany put out a superdeluxe box and you still have to buy more to get everything like the upcoming reissue of the Radiohead OK COMPUTER box.
And please NO cassettes although I still have a player.
Looking at the one they put out with Deep Purple it had everything and more, hope paranormal gets the same treatment