New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: New album update

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu May 11, 2017 12:36 am

I can honestly say for the 1st time I don't have high hopes for this one :( The song titles do nothing for me at all and I was hoping for a "scary" album instead of the whole Weird Al thing he's been doing lately. Like someone mentioned, it doesn't suite him at all. Plus I don't see how these musical guest fit Alice better than the great band he has now.

To be perfectly honest, I'm looking forward to the Hollywood Vampires album a lot more right now.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:45 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
As for the one that said that some bands should've stopped making albums.... You're very wrong. Last Metallica and Marilyn Manson albums were CONSIDERABLY BETTER than their previous (not classic) works. Let's hope Alice can pull one great album again, or at least recover his unique style. Not that comedy-weird Al- kind of thing that doesn't suite hi at all.
here, here.
Manson's last 2 albums were fantastic, hardwired by 'tallica was also really good so i disagree that some classic artists cant make it anymore.

For my 2 cents, alice seems to be talking like its eyes of alice cooper part 2 but the promos suggest something darker. I dont know, im excited either way tbh as its new alice. I loved W2MN (although it shouldn't have been a sequel to WTMN, not "horror" enough. it was great in isolation) I agree HV was rubbish but i dont count that as a proper alice album.

As long as the production is tight and he rocks im ok, my one hope is that he drops the obligatory ballad - they have stunk since last temptation (with the exception of every woman has a name which has a rather sad twist in the tale i always liked) The humour is fine and i think people forget songs like ...the entirety of zipper catches skin, even peoples beloved dada has several silly funny songs. they dont always work but im not ruling him out just because its funny.
I disagree about his ballads...Take it like a woman and every woman has a name are great but Something to Remember Me By is honestly his best ballad by far...his vocals are outstanding
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:51 am

The ballads have been awful and for the most part out of place.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Thu May 11, 2017 6:34 am

I put a link here to a blabbermouth article which is Alice talking about the upcoming album with Eddie Trunk. While information is mostly the same as in a Classic Rock article, Alice actually mentions that there are couple of scary songs on the record. I didn't see him mentioning that in the Classic Rock article.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alice- ... mullen-jr/

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Thu May 11, 2017 7:55 am

HORRORHOLIC wrote: To be perfectly honest, I'm looking forward to the Hollywood Vampires album a lot more right now.
To be perfectly honest I'm looking forward to Kane Roberts album more than this one . The title Paranormal and the trailers promised so much then we get these song titles ??? Hope I'm wrong - I love U2 but why use Larry Mullen ? C'mon - get The Edge to play some guitars if you must use U2 .

Prove me wrong Alice

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu May 11, 2017 8:11 am

A lot of negativity here. Alice stated that the "I want be a..." song is a hard song written by the original band! Reminds me of prettiest cop on the block, which I think is a fantastic song! Alice has always had a comic twist, a dark, twisted humour. For me, that is always what set him apart.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 9:07 am

1. I don't read too much into the titles. That doesn't tell me what the music sounds like, and that's the most important thing to me.

2. I have no problems with guests used sparingly, even if it's just for the publicity of it, but would also prefer the current band to get a far greater showing then they often do. They deserve it. If Mullen's IS the main drummer that is a bit of a headscratcher when you have Glen available. But again, it's result that really matters the most as that is what will stand or fall in the end.

3. I think the promos are wonderful and had fun working out the hidden stuff in them. Of course most wouldn`t even bother so it really is something for hardcore fans like us.

4. I think there is a danger reading too much into Alice's "this albums written for the fans" comments in a couple of recent interviews. Maybe it will be, but I have long thought that what Alice and Bob *think* we want isn`t what we actually do want.. and what we actually want is different from person to person as well, so that is a very hard thing to pull off. There have always been two sides to Alice Cooper, the garage pop/rock (UMW/Nervous/LIA etc) and the big production numbers (Steven, Juju etc). I think too often, almost exclusively for the last 20+ years, they concentrate on the former at the expense of the later. I want a new 'My Stars' but I doubt we'll get it at this stage. We'll see.

5. As always I read the new info with interest, but reserve judgement until I actually hear some music.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 11:38 am

"will be released on Friday 28th July on earMUSIC on 2CD Digipak, 2LP, Limited Box Set and Digital formats."
Also add Roger Glover of Deep Purple to the list of guests

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Thu May 11, 2017 11:46 am

I have been very critical of using guests, but. I guess whatever makes Alice happy and what is fun for him works for me.

I do wish Mullen doesn't do all the drums on the record, and I don't think the article says so, but if he does - so be it. It is a shame musically, but as I said whatever makes Alice happy.

If it is whatever makes Ezrin happy, then that is a completely different story with me to be honest - but I don't think I will ever know.

Ezrin has always used hired hands even in the 70s replacing Joe Perry and Ace Frehley and such with his mates uncredited on records. I guess those guys most likely were wasted at the time, so I can't blame him, but these days and Alice's super professional and super talented live band? Nah - if it's Alice's call so be it. If it's Bob's - bleh.

It will be a bit of a shame if there is no Nita on the record, at all, though. Like Ori before her, she is kind of a poster face of the current band. Ori had only a tiny appearance on the HV record. She did leave to be fair, but it would have been nice. Maybe I can hope for a solo as a guest on this record? :)

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 pm

This happens every time he announces something new. The same people speculating from a position of little to no actual knowledge with the exception of a few song titles and guest musicians.

I'll reserve my judgement until I have the thing in my Cd player.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu May 11, 2017 12:42 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:[I disagree about his ballads...Take it like a woman and every woman has a name are great but Something to Remember Me By is honestly his best ballad by far...his vocals are outstanding

I think "Something To Remember Me By" is probably his most forgettable ballad.

"Salvation" from ACAS is far far better, as are "Take It Like A Woman" and "Every Woman Has A Name".
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu May 11, 2017 12:45 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:This happens every time he announces something new. The same people speculating from a position of little to no actual knowledge with the exception of a few song titles and guest musicians.

I'll reserve my judgement until I have the thing in my Cd player.
A chuffing men!

I remember some of the hype about ACAS and I think most of it was based on the title and (admittedly awesome) front cover. That turned out to be a bit of a cow-pat of an album.

The proof will be in the listening!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu May 11, 2017 12:49 pm

guttertrash wrote:
Considerably better than the awful albums they had graced us with for the last decade didn't make either really worth listening too for me. Metallica's isn't even worth downloading to piss them off. It sounds like "And Justice For Load," a bunch of meandering intros wrapped around Load and Re-Load song structures to make them 7 and 8 minutes long (or 4 minutes longer than necessary).
I actually think the new Metallica album is the best thing they've done in at least 25 years so I don't understand the "they should stop" comment.

I don't want Alice to stop either, regardless of how good or bad this new album is, I want him to keep recording because there's always a few good songs at the very least.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Si wrote:"will be released on Friday 28th July on earMUSIC on 2CD Digipak, 2LP, Limited Box Set and Digital formats."
"a special bonus disc containing three brand new songs written between Alice and the trio."

Whether this is the "other" three tracks, in addition to three on the normal album is unclear.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu May 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Si wrote:
Si wrote:"will be released on Friday 28th July on earMUSIC on 2CD Digipak, 2LP, Limited Box Set and Digital formats."
"a special bonus disc containing three brand new songs written between Alice and the trio."

Whether this is the "other" three tracks, in addition to three on the normal album is unclear.
One would think so, the other three are reportedly already on the regular disc.

At least we get them one way or another.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu May 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Excellent, will remember to purchase on Amazon via this site!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 1:14 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Si wrote:

One would think so, the other three are reportedly already on the regular disc.

At least we get them one way or another.
I haven`t seen anything saying what tracks are on what version, other then this comment.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 1:14 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Excellent, will remember to purchase on Amazon via this site!
That would be very appreciated :)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 1:33 pm

It seems there is a press release out (but I haven`t seen it yet) as there is slightly differing info on different sites.
For example:
"the record’s 12-song track listing will be rounded out by a “mini-album” on a bonus disc containing three new songs written and recorded with original Alice Cooper band members Dennis Dunaway, Neal Smith and Michael Bruce, as well as “carefully selected live recordings.”"

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu May 11, 2017 3:41 pm

The way the press release only mentions the original trio on a mini album as a bonus disk suggests none made the cut for the actual album could explain why in interviews Alice hasn't mentioned the original group being on paranormal