New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New album update

Post by darkmenace » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:My allegiance started to waver with BP and has been in decline since.
I held on through DD but lost interest after ACAS and W2MN. Didn't get HV. Alice's song arrangements have become simple and predictable with no creative edge, which is exaggerated by his tendency to be light-hearted and funny when he works with Bob Ezrin. The two best songs on W2MN were A Runaway Train and When Hell Comes Home and that's why I'm looking forward to the band songs the most on the upcoming album.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Well I am 37 years old...I have been a fan of Alice's since I was a kid thanks to my late father's influence. We watched a lot of footage of his via concert tapes and more...as someone who appreciates ALL eras of Alice, me personally I feel like he just kept getting better and better with his late 80s onward to the present albums...see for me, while Killer is my favorite of the original band, it may just be overkill with those versus why albums like Brutal Planet, Dragontown, and Nightmare 2 are albums that highly ranked for me. With Paranormal, we will get our first listen to it this week and even then that doesn't ruin the album if that song is "weak" as there are other songs on there...guess what I am trying to say is, Alice's musical talent and range appeals to a LOT of his fanbase on various levels...I love his entire career and I feel like he is still on his "A" game....
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:19 pm

Seriously wrote:I received my Roger Waters CD on Saturday, disappointed with the overall packaging and cover, but what an album inside. :rock: Never Judge a book by it's cover, but the new album cover looks fine to me. :rock:
I think it's a great album too... I think the cover is kinda cool also, though. Sometimes simplicity works.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:53 am

I got a message back from earMusic regarding the number of tracks, though they didn't answer that but they did provide this snippet:

"It is 2 songs written and played with the original AC band, and one co- written with them on CD1. Thanks for getting in touch"

So perhaps it will be 10 songs on CD1, with one written by the ACG, and 2 on the Disc 2 for a total of 12 new tracks. Not sure I would consider 2 songs a "Mini Album" but it is what it is.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:25 am

Devon wrote: So perhaps it will be 10 songs on CD1, with one written by the ACG, and 2 on the Disc 2 for a total of 12 new tracks. Not sure I would consider 2 songs a "Mini Album" but it is what it is.
The second CD also features some live tracks.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:42 am

Yeah, well, I don't count live tracks. Ha.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:18 pm

curious the record is listed as a 2 disc 45rpm 180g.
I wonder if it will have the live tracks. At that speed the album may take up 3 sides.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:27 pm

I cancelled my vinyl preorder as the lack of cohesive information continues, because this is just absolute silliness that they can't get the information out better than this.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:58 pm

"It is 2 songs written and played with the original AC band, and one co- written with them on CD1. Thanks for getting in touch"

If the ACG recorded 6 or so songs for this project and 3 are on the main album, and the mini album contains 2-3 studio tracks, then I don't see any reason to complain. This is about as much as a fan can hope for (other than a full blown reunion). This is going to be a great package!

On another note, I like the album cover more every day. I'm going to enjoy staring at the record sleeve.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:58 pm

guttertrash wrote:I cancelled my vinyl preorder as the lack of cohesive information continues, because this is just absolute silliness that they can't get the information out better than this.
Agreed.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:11 pm

homerx wrote:curious the record is listed as a 2 disc 45rpm 180g.
I wonder if it will have the live tracks. At that speed the album may take up 3 sides.
Unless, of course, some of those songs are epics.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:24 pm

Amazon Germany has the following info:
Two New Songs written and recorded by the original ACG on the bonus disc plus 6 live tracks recorded in Columbus, Ohio, on May 6th 2016 with the current touring Band.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:29 pm

At least I was at the show where the live tracks were recorded.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:41 pm

That's awesome dude...that was the show I got to go backstage for the tour and meet Alice again...so cool that our audience will be the ones for the live tracks
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:35 pm

schinkengott wrote:Amazon Germany has the following info:
Two New Songs written and recorded by the original ACG on the bonus disc plus 6 live tracks recorded in Columbus, Ohio, on May 6th 2016 with the current touring Band.

Well that's a wasted opportunity. Who needs "No More Mr. Nice Guy" Live Version #44 with the fill in musicians? It would've made more sense to put the tracks from the Good Records show

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Basically the Paranormal LP will just feature the one original band song (the co-written one)

The other 2 songs are on the bonus disk along with 6 live tracks and will be CD as a bonus disk.

Hopefully with there being 2 LPs the 8 'extra' tracks are also included

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:36 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:"It is 2 songs written and played with the original AC band, and one co- written with them on CD1. Thanks for getting in touch"

If the ACG recorded 6 or so songs for this project and 3 are on the main album, and the mini album contains 2-3 studio tracks, then I don't see any reason to complain. This is about as much as a fan can hope for (other than a full blown reunion). This is going to be a great package!

On another note, I like the album cover more every day. I'm going to enjoy staring at the record sleeve.

I am taking this as only 3 will see the light of day in total, 1 on the album and 2 on the bonus disk. Not a complaint, but that's how the quote reads to me.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Teresofblood, I think you have it confused yes there were 6 songs recorded by the ACG but only 3 of them were used for the album 1 song on the main album and 2 songs on the mini bonus album ok.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:26 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:
schinkengott wrote:Amazon Germany has the following info:

Well that's a wasted opportunity. Who needs "No More Mr. Nice Guy" Live Version #44 with the fill in musicians? It would've made more sense to put the tracks from the Good Records show

100% agree. This is baffling.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:33 am

Yeah , I would think that they could have waited a little bit longer and put the songs that the ACG played in Nashville on May 14 would've been great since the bonus disc is songs recorded with Neal, Dennis, Mike anyway, that'd perfect sense. Anyone agree with this idea?