Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New album update

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
I just want as many and as good songs as I can get.
Here, here! Original band be damned, they are not now, or have ever been the guardians of great song writing. I'm an unashamed fan of alice solo (as well as band) and i get sick of people trying to ignore or shrug off his wonderful solo career.

Im excited, the new album is not the best or worst but "ok" BRING IT ON!
No one is slagging off the solo career. i will slag off your stupid Guardians comment though.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Maaki wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Ironic the real interest in what is on cd is how many band songs are on there.
Only real interest for some people who only happen to be quite vocal, yes. And coincidently they also seem to think they are the holders of all the right opinions and all of good taste, too.

hey no one is stopping you being vocal with your stupid comments. RYFAY.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:00 pm

pitkin88 wrote:hey no one is stopping you being vocal with your stupid comments. RYFAY.
No one has to, since the lines have been drawn and sides have been chosen a long time ago. With us or against us - the middle ground will get Trashed from both sides.

It all just leads to pointless arguments over matters of taste and feelings being hurt on both sides etc.

So I tend to let the vocal group that is, among other things, only interested in the band songs to have their conversations in peace. It doesn't mean that their opinion is the only valid one, it just means that I and apparantly some others don't want to argue with them endlessly.

In the end I am very excited about the album and I don't care if there are band songs or not - or if all of them are - as long as the songs are good. I do admit that like with the Nashville reunion being a success, I am happy for the fans of the ACG if there are band songs and esp. if they are good, for their sake.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Fair enough.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:41 pm

ACG and solo Alice is not even the issue. Alice Cooper from Love It To Death until Goes To Hell was a masterful artist/band. Dada and From The Inside were masterful works also. The problem is that since the comeback (outside of Brutal Planet/Dragontown and the trilogy on RYFAY) his output has been second rate versions of the passing eras. The newer bands have done it better, and it comes off like Alice is forcing writing to fit in instead of sticking to his guns. ACAS showed the personality once again after years of if not shining thriugh, but sadly it was botched in so many ways, and W2MN seems like a parody more than a genuine album. This is why I am not a fan of most of the solo Alice stuff and would like to see more ACG. I would be just as happy seeing Alice work with Dick, but that isn't a possibility now, but to me it is quite noticeable that one of those two sparks need to be there for Alice to truly be Alice.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:04 pm

The bigger divide is not ACG fans vs. solo fans. It is fans that can be honest and critical vs. fans who find any criticism as an assault, because they see an artist as a superhero that can do no wrong.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:42 pm

guttertrash wrote:The bigger divide is not ACG fans vs. solo fans. It is fans that can be honest and critical vs. fans who find any criticism as an assault, because they see an artist as a superhero that can do no wrong.

Post of the day.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:12 am

It's all personal taste and that's cool.
I don't mind anyone liking what they want, sometimes I'm baffled but I'm sure the feeling is mutual.
I think some of his best work is as a solo artist: Welcome to my nightmare, from the inside, Raise your fist and yell, hey stooped, last temptation, brutal planet and welcome 2 my nightmare - I love them all (I also love - love it to death, killer and billion dollar babies)
Its not that alice hasn't made bad stuff (Lace and whiskey, Special forces, Dirty diamonds, along came a spider) but its just about meeting each new release with an open mind and liking whatever I like - if it makes me rock out, I'm in! I get that alice moves with trends, I have no issue with that it keeps him fresh and relevant (and at times exciting) I don't think it ever came across as forced (not to me anyway) I think he has liked every style he has done, I don't think he would do it if he didn't (then again he did do no more love at your convenience ....)
Its not long till the album and even less time until the single. I have high hopes.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:51 am

Anyone know when or why they didn't release the tracklisting for the album today along with the artwork? ? Think it will be soon before it is released ? I would just like to know the songs on the album and on the mini bonus album as well.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:54 am

I'm guessing they didn't release it so they can drip feed info which will create some continued interest in the project.
It wont be too long i'm sure

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:58 am

Thanks, saint&sinner

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:45 am

With a cover like that is deserves a title just as awful. Like:

Doubleheader

or maybe

Siamesey Action

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:20 am

mr.barlow wrote:With a cover like that is deserves a title just as awful. Like:

Doubleheader

or maybe

Siamesey Action

Paraplegic and It Isn't My Body.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:42 pm

guttertrash wrote:The bigger divide is not ACG fans vs. solo fans. It is fans that can be honest and critical vs. fans who find any criticism as an assault, because they see an artist as a superhero that can do no wrong.
Well, yes, I can agree to that, but only if you add the third party which are the ones that are just waiting to bash whatever Alice the person today does, unless it is something they think may be linked with a fantastic super wonderful reunion - all of that is always divine (as long as this and that is respected and that or the other thing is mentioned in a proper and respectful way - nonono not that way!! etc.) ; even if it's really bad in the eye and ear test.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Agreed. While I don't care for people who are solely negative just to be so, the cheerleader contingent are equally as annoying.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Make that far more annoying as they really don't care. Whatever comes out they LITD regardless.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 am

I thought the title of this thread was 'new album updates' not 'let's all slag each other off'?

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:08 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Here, here! Original band be damned, they are not now, or have ever been the guardians of great song writing. I'm an unashamed fan of alice solo (as well as band) and i get sick of people trying to ignore or shrug off his wonderful solo career.

I received my Roger Waters CD on Saturday, disappointed with the overall packaging and cover, but what an album inside. :rock: Never Judge a book by it's cover, but the new album cover looks fine to me. :rock:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Seriously wrote:
Saint&Sinner wrote:

I received my Roger Waters CD on Saturday, disappointed with the overall packaging and cover, but what an album inside. :rock: Never Judge a book by it's cover, but the new album cover looks fine to me. :rock:
Indeed, just listening now and indeed a GREAT album.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:20 pm

I think I'm considered one of the negative ones around here, but really I would love a great record out of Alice. Why wouldn't I? Been a fan since the mid-seventies and was entirely devoted up to TLT. My allegiance started to waver with BP and has been in decline since. Each new album brings hope but once I listen to it I just haven't been engaged. There's the odd song here and there that's good but an overall boredom with the entire album sets in. I never bought the Hollywood Vampire album but this will be the first AC studio album that I will not be purchasing upon its' initial release, since Flush the Fashion.