New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New album update

Post by Si » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:15 am

I would guess that the thinking around the B-side is to give people who missed out on the limited edition single the chance to get the song without paying silly money on Ebay etc.

From what I've heard '18' and 'Body' were chosen for the record store day single because they didn't need any cleaning up in the studio. ie All involved were happy with the performances. The rest of the songs all had minor mistakes or tuning issues that the band members themselves would want to "fix" before a release. Not unusual on any live recording. This of course takes time and money and I don`t know if that work was ever done, I don't think it was.

Presumably the current bands live tracks didn`t need any extra work done to them. They play the songs night after night, unlike the original band for Good Records show which was basically unrehearsed, and so these recordings could be released 'as is'.

The fact that many of us would be happy with a warts and all recording is irrelevant if the band aren`t happy with that being released, which is my understanding of the situation with those particular recordings.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:24 am

Si wrote:I would guess that the thinking around the B-side is to give people who missed out on the limited edition single the chance to get the song without paying silly money on Ebay etc.

From what I've heard '18' and 'Body' were chosen for the record store day single because they didn't need any cleaning up in the studio. ie All involved were happy with the performances. The rest of the songs all had minor mistakes or tuning issues that the band members themselves would want to "fix" before a release. Not unusual on any live recording. This of course takes time and money and I don`t know if that work was ever done, I don't think it was.

Presumably the current bands live tracks didn`t need any extra work done to them. They play the songs night after night, unlike the original band for Good Records show which was basically unrehearsed, and so these recordings could be released 'as is'.

The fact that many of us would be happy with a warts and all recording is irrelevant if the band aren`t happy with that being released, which is my understanding of the situation with those particular recordings.
Do you think it was a coincidence that Eighteen and Body were the 2 tracks from the original Eighteen single?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:34 am

wind_up_toy wrote: Do you think it was a coincidence that Eighteen and Body were the 2 tracks from the original Eighteen single?
I don't know. tbh I hadn't even realised that was the case myself haha! Was just passing on what I have been told.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:39 am

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote: Do you think it was a coincidence that Eighteen and Body were the 2 tracks from the original Eighteen single?
I don't know. tbh I hadn't even realised that was the case myself haha! Was just passing on what I have been told.
All we know is that both sound flipping brilliant ;)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order