New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

LoveItToDeath82
Trash
Trash

Re: New album update

Post by LoveItToDeath82 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:04 pm

guttertrash wrote:Ugh. "Welcome to My Nightmare 2" similarity first thing thrown out by somebody's first assessment. Definitely not making things sound more hopeful.
Don't get to ruffled up about it. Maybe it is referring to one of the ACG tracks off W2MN since it is a song with them, and those are the best tracks on that album.
"I say I'm right, but I know I'm wrong"

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sun May 28, 2017 5:09 pm

LoveItToDeath82 wrote:
guttertrash wrote:Ugh. "Welcome to My Nightmare 2" similarity first thing thrown out by somebody's first assessment. Definitely not making things sound more hopeful.
Don't get to ruffled up about it. Maybe it is referring to one of the ACG tracks off W2MN since it is a song with them, and those are the best tracks on that album.
You could be right, but it has been said that this album is for those fans of the early garage era Alice, and a W2MN comparison doesn't really give me much hope in that. You and some others will likely enjoy it, since Alice can do know wrong for some, but I just don't see it being one that I will care for.

LoveItToDeath82
Trash
Trash

Post by LoveItToDeath82 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:12 pm

guttertrash wrote:
LoveItToDeath82 wrote:
You could be right, but it has been said that this album is for those fans of the early garage era Alice, and a W2MN comparison doesn't really give me much hope in that. You and some others will likely enjoy it, since Alice can do know wrong for some, but I just don't see it being one that I will care for.
It's one song being mentioned, and the person makes it clear he or she was not fully paying attention. Let's just wait for our individual ears to hear it before lambasting something completely.
"I say I'm right, but I know I'm wrong"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Agreed. I have little faith in the ears of the meet and get fleeced community.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Mon May 29, 2017 4:54 am

Considering the variety of the album, I wonder what they mean. But you're talking about someone's interpretation.

JoeyBananagoose
Trash
Trash

Post by JoeyBananagoose » Mon May 29, 2017 2:58 pm

Quite surprised that we're seemingly not going to hear any of the album until release month/

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:46 pm

JoeyBananagoose wrote:Quite surprised that we're seemingly not going to hear any of the album until release month/

Did I miss something where does it say this?

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon May 29, 2017 11:07 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
JoeyBananagoose wrote:Quite surprised that we're seemingly not going to hear any of the album until release month/

It says this on the news section under "paranoic personality single" and says that Alice will most likely play the album in its entirety after he plays the single in July on his radio show NWAC.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:10 pm

AliceFan wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:

I says this on the news section under paranoic personality single and says that Alice will most likely play the album in its entirety after he plays the single in July on his radio show NWAC.

Thank you.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Mon May 29, 2017 11:18 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Joeyb, quite disappointing actually that we won't hear any from the album sooner, isn't it? From this wonderful album I've heard it is from EarMusic, site,Tommy derender,from a quote a ways back on this thread. Why they keeping us fans from hearing it for so long? Thought we would hear some of it by at least next month.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue May 30, 2017 12:07 am

Could be complete twaddle, and I can't see how you could compare 1 song to the whole of W2MN
Like you say, hard to compare it to a whole album but i love W2MN so im excited for that! bring on July!

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Tue May 30, 2017 1:04 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Could be complete twaddle, and I can't see how you could compare 1 song to the whole of W2MN
Like you say, hard to compare it to a whole album but i love W2MN so im excited for that! bring on July!
I love W2MN too but I'm looking for something different this time around, glad it's Alice 70s garage rock style era love it to death,killer oriented this time so excited for this new album!! Been a long 6 yrs waiting for a new Alice album.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Tue May 30, 2017 2:54 am

Read Paranoiac Personality being described as a song that could have fit on Dirty Diamonds

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue May 30, 2017 8:40 am

pitkin88 wrote:
AliceFan wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Did I miss something where does it say this?
I says this on the news section under paranoic personality single and says that Alice will most likely play the album in its entirety after he plays the single in July on his radio show NWAC.
Thank you.
Just to be clear that is *me* saying that, based on what happened with the W2MN and HV albums, and the announcement that Alice would be playng the single on the show in July.
And I don`t mean he would play the whole thing in one sitting, but rather all the tracks over a period of weeks.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue May 30, 2017 2:46 pm

I found this online...

Alice Cooper

Did you jump a little? You can probably relax. I saw this online, and I thought it would be a great concept for the Paranormal cover art. This is actually a 2015 photo manipulation from Elevendy Studio. Cool stuff. Scroll down to find the Alice project, including the original photo and procedural video. It wouldn't hurt to give them a thumbs up!

Now, back to regular programming....
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue May 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Dannorama wrote:I found this online...

Alice Cooper

Did you jump a little? You can probably relax. I saw this online, and I thought it would be a great concept for the Paranormal cover art. This is actually a 2015 photo manipulation from Elevendy Studio. Cool stuff. Scroll down to find the Alice project, including the original photo and procedural video. It wouldn't hurt to give them a thumbs up!

Very Cool, Great find! Final piece compared to original photo is incredible! :clap: Thanks
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Tue May 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Dannorama wrote:I found this online...

Alice Cooper

The guy on the front of the book reminds me of the cover to the Blue Oyster Cult album "Agents Of Fortune"
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue May 30, 2017 11:41 pm

suziginajackson wrote:
The guy on the front of the book reminds me of the cover to the Blue Oyster Cult album "Agents Of Fortune"
Me too!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Wed May 31, 2017 3:08 pm

According to this Blabbermouth article, the single "Paranoic Personality" will be released on June 9.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alice- ... next-week/

Hunter

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Wed May 31, 2017 4:01 pm

The AmazonUS description is saying two songs from the original band as well. Also the Amazon description is saying it will be ten tracks but the original press release (which is still up on ear-music.net) says there would be 12 and the 3 ACG songs. I am hoping to get some clarification.