New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New album update

Post by darkmenace » Mon May 15, 2017 4:55 pm

So far I like the way this is being packaged. Paranormal is a great title and hoping for a cool album cover which by itself would be a vast improvement over W2MN. If we can't have a full reunion album (which is what I wanted) I like packaging the three songs as a special disc with live music. That's a real bonus.

I have also stated here that Alice + Ezrin humor can go too far and get stale, so hoping it doesn't cross the line. If they can channel their youthful creative selves even part of the time there could be great moments. As for song titles I think "fall for you" is funny in a good way so the title itself does not put me off.

The second disc alone sounds great, so everything is bonus after that. I'm not getting my hopes up after ACAS and W2MN so there is nowhere to go but up as far as I see.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:12 pm

killer wolf wrote:
guttertrash wrote:There is a great amount of other fans who do not come on here who ask "what the hell was he thinking?"
and you know this how?
guttertrash wrote: People don't want dumbed down. They want the humor to hit the mark, and the dumbing it down to schlock is when they started missing the mark.
speak for yourself
You like your Alice dumb too funny. There's a band called Kiss you might like.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:19 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From guttertrash:
"I feel like that sums up the complaint by many people. This kind of humor falls flat to even a good portion of people on this forum."

Since when was "this forum" the most accurate guage of anything?

>If the joke falls flat to much of the audience, it was delivered wrong, and this is what it people are complaining about. The humor does not measure up the way it once did.

So in other words, the people who do get the "joke" have to wait for everyone else to catch up then. This is interesting considering how many people both here and elsewhere go on about how great Alice's lyrics are and how they are what help set him apart from many other artists, but sure, it really would be a great idea for Alice to make his lyrics less creative or amusing (to him at least) just in case they're too clever. That really would be wise.

Are you referring to the lyrics on Constrictor, RYFAY and Trash? There hasn't been a lot of great Alice lyrics in a long time. Where is elsewhere by the way?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:22 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From guttertrash"
"But I personally understood that Disco Bloodbath was a parody of being in a club and dealing with the hip-hop generation and how that is a nightmare to him."

That certainly wasn't what you originally stated.

> It just makes people ask "what the hell?"

No, it makes YOU "ask" that.

I'm sorry but knowing or not knowing if Disco Blood is a parody does not make it any less of a turd.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Saint&Sinner:
"It just seems people want a certain album and they wont be happy unless they get it."

Exactly. Not only that but, as has been discussed before, everything Alice does is wrong. The wrong lyrics, the wrong shows, the wrong titles, the wrong costumes, the wrong musicians, the wrong cities that are performed in, the wrong venues, the wrong arrangements, the wrong songs, the songs that cover the same subjects, the songs that cover new subjects, the wrong production, the wrong marketing, the wrong mixing, the wrong merchandise, the price of merchandise, the design of the merchandise, the lack of merchandise, too much merchandise, performing with the original band, not performing with the original band, having a third guitar player, not having a keyboard player, using Bob Ezrin, not using Bob Ezrin, the wrong album cover, the wrong photographer, the wrong studio, the wrong singing, the wrong films, the wrong choice of sport, the wrong faith, having a faith, the wrong political views, his lack of political views, the wrong amount of personal wealth, his commercial success, his lack of commercial success, the songs that are too clever, the songs that aren't clever enough and almost anything else you can think of.

I really can't imagine the pain Alice criticism causes you. I'm guessing Guttermouth has a dossier next to my filing cabinet now.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon May 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Dannorama wrote:
The son of Don Quijote wrote:Let's be grateful that Alice is in fact releasing a new album. He could have easily put together "A Best of" compilation with one or two new songs among the same old songs we have already heard countless times or even worse make a rerecording of one of his more notable albums. Making new music isn't a priority for all music veterans anymore. If you want example of this, just google Twisted Sister. Interest in making full albums has greatly diminished during recent years and many bands rely more and more in releasing 'hit' singles. While this is more true concerning mainstream pop bands, I have heard metal bands (some of them quite seasoned if I remember correctly) voicing their disinterest in the album format too.
Bingo. How can anyone not be grateful to have this album coming out? It is insidiotic to whine about being presented with new material. It's like having little kids. You don't like what's on the table? Fine - don't eat it, then. Just don't ruin it for me.
Why would we eat our kids?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Dannorama wrote:
The son of Don Quijote wrote:Let's be grateful that Alice is in fact releasing a new album. He could have easily put together "A Best of" compilation with one or two new songs among the same old songs we have already heard countless times or even worse make a rerecording of one of his more notable albums. Making new music isn't a priority for all music veterans anymore. If you want example of this, just google Twisted Sister. Interest in making full albums has greatly diminished during recent years and many bands rely more and more in releasing 'hit' singles. While this is more true concerning mainstream pop bands, I have heard metal bands (some of them quite seasoned if I remember correctly) voicing their disinterest in the album format too.
Bingo. How can anyone not be grateful to have this album coming out? It is insidiotic to whine about being presented with new material. It's like having little kids. You don't like what's on the table? Fine - don't eat it, then. Just don't ruin it for me.

No one is ruining anything for anyone. You can always block his posts or mine if you dont want to read them.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Mon May 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Back to the topic...

Do you think this new album will get more video teasers?

ACAS got a lot of that (even a videoclip which IMO (you can't say nothing here without the IMO part) was pretty great, It even had lots of references to old songs, which was cool)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:41 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:Back to the topic...

ACAS got a lot of that (even a videoclip which IMO (you can't say nothing here without the IMO part) was pretty great, It even had lots of references to old songs, which was cool)
With two months to go I'm sure there will be more teasers.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue May 16, 2017 2:41 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Saint&Sinner:
"It just seems people want a certain album and they wont be happy unless they get it."

Exactly. Not only that but, as has been discussed before, everything Alice does is wrong. The wrong lyrics, the wrong shows, the wrong titles, the wrong costumes, the wrong musicians, the wrong cities that are performed in, the wrong venues, the wrong arrangements, the wrong songs, the songs that cover the same subjects, the songs that cover new subjects, the wrong production, the wrong marketing, the wrong mixing, the wrong merchandise, the price of merchandise, the design of the merchandise, the lack of merchandise, too much merchandise, performing with the original band, not performing with the original band, having a third guitar player, not having a keyboard player, using Bob Ezrin, not using Bob Ezrin, the wrong album cover, the wrong photographer, the wrong studio, the wrong singing, the wrong films, the wrong choice of sport, the wrong faith, having a faith, the wrong political views, his lack of political views, the wrong amount of personal wealth, his commercial success, his lack of commercial success, the songs that are too clever, the songs that aren't clever enough and almost anything else you can think of.
In a nutshell?? :teach:
:rock: :alice: :clap:
I've been reading this speculation for a week & until we hear a complete song or 2 what are you complaining about?
Lost expectations that haven't one iota of what could be??
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

LoveItToDeath82
Trash
Trash

Post by LoveItToDeath82 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:38 am

I pre-ordered the vinyl, as well as, the boxset even though it was only on UK Amazon. If it comes out that it is the vinyl/cd bundled, I will cancel, but I hope it is some kind of cool special edition. Hopefully it is a return to the early days form that is being claimed! If so, that will be wonderful to me!
"I say I'm right, but I know I'm wrong"

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue May 16, 2017 10:00 am

I've pre ordered the deluxe box set. Let's hope it's a proper limited edition

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 am

From pitkin88:
"Are you referring to the lyrics on Constrictor, RYFAY and Trash?"

All those albums have as many good examples as bad examples. That doesn't make all the examples bad.

>There hasn't been a lot of great Alice lyrics in a long time.

There are still many examples though, so I would have to disagree.

>Where is elsewhere by the way?

Mainly reviews (either contemporary or retrospectively) while Dennis, Neal, Michael, Steve Hunter, Kane Roberts and other industry figures (such as Bob Dylan and various industry figures I've met) have said the same thing.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 am

From pitkin88:
"I'm sorry but knowing or not knowing if Disco Blood is a parody does not make it any less of a turd."

Neither does it make it anything less than a really good track if that's what one's taste dictates.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 am

From pitkin88:
"I really can't imagine the pain Alice criticism causes you. I'm guessing Guttermouth has a dossier next to my filing cabinet now."

It isn't about not criticising Alice - it's about whatever anyone in his postion does, someone somewhere is going to criticise it. It means all our opinions here (including mine) don't carry a lot of weight because we're not in his position.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue May 16, 2017 12:10 pm

The son of Don Quijote wrote:Making new music isn't a priority for all music veterans anymore. If you want example of this, just google Twisted Sister.
Who can ever forget the classic 'A Twisted Christmas'!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue May 16, 2017 12:14 pm

I re-visited the ACAS mini film at the weekend, it really is quite good. I think the album is better than say it is, but that's just my opinion.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue May 16, 2017 12:52 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:

I re-visited the ACAS mini film at the weekend, it really is quite good. I think the album is better than say it is, but that's just my opinion.
I think that maybe in the long term that video (and images) almost did more damage then good, as it set us up for something that the album really didn't deliver on, and that has affected our perception of it ever since.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue May 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:

I think that maybe in the long term that video (and images) almost did more damage then good, as it set us up for something that the album really didn't deliver on, and that has affected our perception of it ever since.
That's certainly a fair comment, Vengeance Is Mine in particular had production quality that wasn't matched across the rest of the album. Also, the production of the video was really impressive and helped paper over some of the fatal flaws of In Touch With Your Feminine Side. Killed By Love remains a pretty good ballad in my eyes, whether watched on the film or listened to on the album.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:55 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"I'm sorry but knowing or not knowing if Disco Blood is a parody does not make it any less of a turd."

Neither does it make it anything less than a really good track if that's what one's taste dictates.

Probably one of the elsewheres saying that I suppose.