New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: New album update

Post by Devon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Blabbermouth have some quotes from Alice (assuming from a press release) describing some of the songs. But then the article alludes to TWO ACG songs, instead of 3.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/listen ... rsonality/

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:06 pm

dadascot wrote:Spotify has the b side as 18 from dallas, a good version although it sounds as a f there is about 10 people in the audience.
It was recorded in a record store with the original band.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:27 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
dadascot wrote:Spotify has the b side as 18 from dallas, a good version although it sounds as a f there is about 10 people in the audience.
It was recorded in a record store with the original band.
About 200 people attended ;)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:30 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Baffled by some of the comments regarding the drums. I think they sound great.... lively and real. Unlike the awfully compressed drums on ACAS.
Probably cause you're a musician and you know what you're talking about. Unlike someone who just read the name U2 and automatically decided it was crap :)
Actually, I may be wrong but there seems to be no confirmation that Larry Mullen plays on the single, he may as well be a guest on some other track as far as I know, or maybe not.
But it is enough to bash HIS drumming on the single... Just as it was necessary to ridicule a song by its title (Genuine American Girl) and its theme, Alice goes Weird Al and so on, until it was revealed that the particular song was indeed an ACG track :D
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Spot and Jerome wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Baffled by some of the comments regarding the drums. I think they sound great.... lively and real. Unlike the awfully compressed drums on ACAS.
Probably cause you're a musician and you know what you're talking about. Unlike someone who just read the name U2 and automatically decided it was crap :)
Actually, I may be wrong but there seems to be no confirmation that Larry Mullen plays on the single, he may as well be a guest on some other track as far as I know, or maybe not.
But it is enough to bash HIS drumming on the single... Just as it was necessary to ridicule a song by its title (Genuine American Girl) and its theme, Alice goes Weird Al and so on, until it was revealed that the particular song was indeed an ACG track :D

That last part is not true at all. It is obvious you are not reading the threads daily.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:00 pm

I'm think it has been pretty much confirmed that the recording band for this album was Tommy Henriksen, Tommy Denander, Jimmie Lee Sloas, and Larry Mullen with Roger Glover playing bass on a track and Billy Gibbons on one track, and then the original lineup on two (most likely three songs).

For anybody who wants something Alice-inspired but on the more modern metal side, check out Wednesday 13's Condolences.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:09 pm

guttertrash wrote:I'm think it has been pretty much confirmed that the recording band for this album was Tommy Henriksen, Tommy Denander, Jimmie Lee Sloas, and Larry Mullen with Roger Glover playing bass on a track and Billy Gibbons on one track, and then the original lineup on two (most likely three songs).

For anybody who wants something Alice-inspired but on the more modern metal side, check out Wednesday 13's Condolences.
I love wednesday 13 but that album is the definition of generic , he has done much better.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:16 pm

I liked the first Murderdolls album and Transylvania 90210. Haven't gotten into to much else, but I think some people on here would like it.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:53 pm

On the iTunes pre-order page, it has the track listing with the times. Longest song is 4:49...

1. Paranormal (Feat. Roger Glover) - 4:11
2. Dead Flies - 2:22
3. Fireball - 4:49
4. Paranoiac Personality - 3:11
5. Fallen In Love (Feat. Billy Gibbons) - 3:33
6. Dynamite Road - 2:43
7. Private Public Breakdown 3:26
8. Holy Water - 3:08
9. Rats - 2:38
10. The Sound of A - 4:06
11. Genuine American Girl - 4:27
12. You and All of Your Friends - 2:41

So the 10 track album without the additional 2 ACG songs clocks in at 34:07 min, so I guess it is like "Killer"

I don't mind short albums...I feel with the advent of CD's, theyve gotten longer and with more filler...but after 7 years since the last release, it feels a little short.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:03 pm

All 12 songs is only 5 minutes longer than Killer's 8 songs. They could have put all 12 songs on a 12" platter, and the 6 live tracks probably would have even filled one cd as bonus tracks.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 pm

guttertrash wrote:All 12 songs is only 5 minutes longer than Killer's 8 songs. They could have put all 12 songs on a 12" platter, and the 6 live tracks probably would have even filled one cd as bonus tracks.

The vinyl is 2 LP's at 45rpm. They did this with Deep Purple and the last Stones album...so its like 2-3 songs per side. I can't stand that, haha. I get it for sound quality if it's a long LP (inner groove distortion towards the end), but at only 34 min, you can easily pull that off on a 12" at 33 and it would sound perfectly fine

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:24 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:On the iTunes pre-order page, it has the track listing with the times. Longest song is 4:49...

So the 10 track album without the additional 2 ACG songs clocks in at 34:07 min, so I guess it is like "Killer"
That is very disappointing.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Huge fan of shorter albums, so this is great news to me!

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:32 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:
guttertrash wrote:All 12 songs is only 5 minutes longer than Killer's 8 songs. They could have put all 12 songs on a 12" platter, and the 6 live tracks probably would have even filled one cd as bonus tracks.

The vinyl is 2 LP's at 45rpm. They did this with Deep Purple and the last Stones album...so its like 2-3 songs per side. I can't stand that, haha. I get it for sound quality if it's a long LP (inner groove distortion towards the end), but at only 34 min, you can easily pull that off on a 12" at 33 and it would sound perfectly fine
If that's the case considering the song lengths that would be super annoying.

Hopefully the Paranormal tracks are on one LP 5 songs each, and the other LP has the 2 bonus tracks and the live songs (that will never get played)

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Spiner202 wrote:Huge fan of shorter albums, so this is great news to me!
It's what let W2MN down, too many filler tunes. Shorter and all killer wins every time

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Si wrote:
VinceLeeRose wrote:On the iTunes pre-order page, it has the track listing with the times. Longest song is 4:49...

That is very disappointing.

was hoping for at least 1 track 8 mins+

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:40 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:

So if they are making this a double 45, I'm assuming the live bonus tracks will not be on the vinyl? Is this the new concept to try to help make digitally produced albums sound better on vinyl? CDs are by far the superior sounding medium due the analog vinyl not being able to hold the complete soundbed of a digital production.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:
VinceLeeRose wrote:

If that's the case considering the song lengths that would be super annoying.

Hopefully the Paranormal tracks are on one LP 5 songs each, and the other LP has the 2 bonus tracks and the live songs (that will never get played)
5 songs each would be impossible for a 45 even 4 songs would be cutting it close. 10 to 12 minutes is the comfort zone for them sounding their best, as the closer you get to 15 minutes, the more the DB level drops and at 15 minutes it starts distorting.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:40 pm

I like the running time. Short and sweet. That approach certainly would have helped ACAS.

Paranoiac Personality has been in my head for 2 days. It leaves you wanting more. It's such a perfect little song.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:02 am

Is I'm eighteen on the single from the same show as the live tracks on the album disc 2. If so then for once I don't mind the re-appearance of the classics live. The guitar solo on that version is a real trip back to how 18 used to sound, but with todays vocals.