New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New album update

Post by revinkevin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 am

Was hoping for the live tracks to be with the original group. That's a huge disappointment. Was hoping a return to the classic Killer sound and that didn't happen with the first release. Two strikes.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:40 am

AliceFan wrote:
guttertrash wrote:This is such a waste...a complete ripoff. They could have released 12 songs on one disc, because I guarantee those 12 songs combined do not take up 75 minutes of space, and then released almost a full live show on another disc if he wanted too give us something worth having.
I don't think it was Alice's decision what material ended up going on at least disc 2 , I think that was definitely a record executive companys decision for sure.
The record company in this case is for distribution and promotion only. The record company had no part whatsoever in the financing, production or decision making of this album.

For better or for worse, all decisions regarding this album were/are being made by Shep, Alice and Ezrin. For the most part this has been the case for all releases from Brutal Planet on.

Also, I'm guessing the song selection on the live cuts has everything to do with publishing and royalty arrangements. I'm sure all involved chose the path of least resistance when deciding what cuts to use to fill up the album. This would also likely account for the same songs being released live over and over again.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:49 am

Has anybody ever noticed how cheerleaders usually do not have much understanding of the sport that they are cheering for? They wave their pom-poms and cheer their team on, but they aren't really sure what exactly it means when somebody goes out of bounds or offsides.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:07 am

guttertrash wrote:This is such a waste...a complete ripoff. They could have released 12 songs on one disc, because I guarantee those 12 songs combined do not take up 75 minutes of space, and then released almost a full live show on another disc if he wanted too give us something worth having.

You have a point.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:14 am

mr.barlow wrote:
KeithGale wrote:I like the single, very clear production, also using the words paranoic and vicious rumours seems like a little nod to the song Vicious Rumours "Vicious rumours, paranoic fears"!
If he wants to pay proper tribute to the song "Vicious Rumours" (which is one of the best songs he ever recorded) then he should play it at the live shows.

God that song just explodes. Full of snot and snarl. Pass the white powder!!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:17 am

Lucius Morthem wrote:I'm so dissapointed about the live tracks.

The only one that makes me kinda happy is Only Women BLeed (as it's been sounding great on this tour and it's the full song) I hope Feed My Frankenstein sounds nice, especially the part where the Franken recording starts.

But, seriously? Another No more mr Nice guy? Billion Dollar Babies? Under my wheels?
Why? I'm seriously asking, why :/

Because no one has Alice's ear that's why. Beyond stale choices.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:20 am

revinkevin wrote:Was hoping for the live tracks to be with the original group. That's a huge disappointment. Was hoping a return to the classic Killer sound and that didn't happen with the first release. Two strikes.
How can you say it not a return to the killer or classic 70s sound when you've only heard one song? You can't judge a whole album what it's going to sound like based on only hearing one song, it's impossible. Just wait till it's released then make a judgment on it.

LoveItToDeath82
Trash
Trash

Post by LoveItToDeath82 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:25 am

It's an alright song. I don't see it getting anymore spins than Spider, but at least this sounds better than most of the last album. I can deal with that.
"I say I'm right, but I know I'm wrong"

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:35 am

It would seem like Alice and any other person linked to the album wouldn't advertise an album as sounding like one thing and then dishing out a single that sounds nothing like what they advertised, because even if it is the only song from the album that doesn't sound like Killer, it comes off as misleading like we have seen with so many musicians who claim to be going back to their glory days and have not. It also seems like it will not help with sales for people to hear this after hearing that it is a return to the style of the early albums. Does Alice even know what Killer sounds like now? I don't think he knew what WTMN sounded like when making W2MN, because at best it was G2H.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:42 am

pitkin88 wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:
KeithGale wrote:I like the single, very clear production, also using the words paranoic and vicious rumours seems like a little nod to the song Vicious Rumours "Vicious rumours, paranoic fears"!
If he wants to pay proper tribute to the song "Vicious Rumours" (which is one of the best songs he ever recorded) then he should play it at the live shows.

God that song just explodes. Full of snot and snarl. Pass the white powder!!

That song is my most played Alice song since jumping on the train back in late-1980. I remember the first time I played Special Forces upon it's release and it was THAT song that turned me into a life-long Alice fan!

Over the years "My Stars" has become my favorite Alice song, but VR still ranks in the top 5.

I wish Alice would don the Special Forces era look today, at least for a photo shoot. as I think now at his age it would be even that much more disturbing.

Like I've said on this forum many times, the Special Forces incarnation is EXACTLY what an Alice Cooper should look and act like. It was complete and total insanity!

Save me a whiff Pitkin!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:53 am

wasn't there supposed to be a track called "I've fallen in love and I can't get up"?

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:02 am

Looks li
scotty wrote:wasn't there supposed to be a track called "I've fallen in love and I can't get up"?
Looks like it was shortened to "Fallen I. Love"
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:09 am

guttertrash wrote:Did I hear somewhere that this was the third part of a trilogy with the last two albums? Along Came A Spider, Along Came A Sucker, and now we get Along Came The Sheeple.
You really don't like this already do you? :)

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_w79N418Y

There is a video also in the background.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:47 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:Looks li
scotty wrote:wasn't there supposed to be a track called "I've fallen in love and I can't get up"?
Looks like it was shortened to "Fallen I. Love"
5. Fallen In Love
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Babysquid wrote:
guttertrash wrote:Did I hear somewhere that this was the third part of a trilogy with the last two albums? Along Came A Spider, Along Came A Sucker, and now we get Along Came The Sheeple.
You really don't like this already do you? :)
The main riff is decent. It is reminiscent of something that could have come from Goes To Hell, but as with the latest Deep Purple album, the guitars are a bit buried and sound weak in the mix. The drums are absolutely terrible. The drums are overly loud, and Larry Mullens playing is extremely weak with no swing and no groove, but this is par for the course with him...he has always been totally uninteresting. The production really sounds like a polished version of Along Came A Spider, but one of the major problems with that album as with this track was track speed. Everything was so slow that the songs didn't seem to move properly. I imported the audio tracks into an editor and sped them up, and they were quite a bit better. This song sounds very unnatural in that aspect also. It is mind blowing to me that an artist, and even more so a producer, can't get the speed right which is where the groove and swing come from. ACAS was created by amateurs, so I understand it, but Ezrin was one of the best, and between what he has churned out with Deep Purple and Alice over the past decade, he should retire.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:35 pm

guttertrash wrote: It is mind blowing to me that an artist, and even more so a producer, can't get the speed right which is where the groove and swing come from.

This is the first time I've ever heard someone comment that the "speed is wrong". Maybe you prefer more uptempo songs, but how you can say the "speed is wrong" as if you're the producer/artist is beyond me.

Really feels like you've entered "I'm going to bash everything, just to bash everything" territory. Dial it down a notch or soon nobody will be paying attention to anything you say, like Pitkin.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:39 pm

I have to admit that the song is growing on me. I really like the bass line on it. But I can't see it as a single. I don't see it as catchy or getting much air play. It's an album track pure and simple. Spotify has the b side as 18 from dallas, a good version although it sounds as a f there is about 10 people in the audience.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Baffled by some of the comments regarding the drums. I think they sound great.... lively and real. Unlike the awfully compressed drums on ACAS.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:29 pm

Roger Glover features on 'Paranormal', the song according to iTunes. Not sure how it will make it sound much different being that he's a bassist.
Billy Gibbons in 'Fallen In Love'