New album update

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New album update

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Wed May 31, 2017 5:05 pm

That article mentions 2 songs from the original group, either it's wrong or there could be 2 on paranormal and 3 on the bonus disk.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Wed May 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Single will be out next week according to Bob Davison : Alice Cooper's new song - "Paranormal Personality" will be out next week. So get on down to your local record shop and pick yourself up this groovy new tune to spin at the dance. The other side features the rock-n-roll standard, "HITCHHIKE" done by those crazy boys from Phoenix. Get in the swing, kids! :)
(For the Sarcasm Impaired: Paranormal Personality was performed by a current rendition of the Alice Cooper band and not the originals.)

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed May 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Is the Trump administration in charge of releasing the information for the new album? Because they are making this confusing as hell... Maybe they should stick with hidden messages in videos.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 pm

Devon wrote:The AmazonUS description is saying two songs from the original band as well. Also the Amazon description is saying it will be ten tracks but the original press release (which is still up on ear-music.net) says there would be 12 and the 3 ACG songs. I am hoping to get some clarification.
devon, I'm sure you the will get the clarification your looking for soon when the tracklisting is announced, which I'm sure will be soon as well. This is quite confusing this mixup with the number of songs.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:48 am

guttertrash wrote:Is the Trump administration in charge of releasing the information for the new album? Because they are making this confusing as hell... Maybe they should stick with hidden messages in videos.
"What is important is to spread confusion, not eliminate it"--Salvador Dali

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:53 am

Did anyone ever stop to think the conflicting information is on-purpose?

It keeps people guessing. No one knows what's coming.

Giving away all of the info prior to release takes the fun out of it.

I remember a time when you didn't know anything about an album until the day it was released!

Now people complain if they don't get the track running times six months prior to release!

Can I please go back to 1983?!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:31 am

Ironic the real interest in what is on cd is how many band songs are on there.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:12 am

I'd rather go back to the days when we knew nothing prior to release also. Would be much better than these clumsy reveals or misinformation campaign they are running...

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:59 am

mr.barlow wrote:Did anyone ever stop to think the conflicting information is on-purpose?

It keeps people guessing. No one knows what's coming.

Giving away all of the info prior to release takes the fun out of it.

I remember a time when you didn't know anything about an album until the day it was released!

Now people complain if they don't get the track running times six months prior to release!

Can I please go back to 1983?!
No, because that would be incredibly stupid if it's on purpose. It's just conflicting info that needs cleared.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:35 am

pitkin88 wrote:Ironic the real interest in what is on cd is how many band songs are on there.
For a few people, yes.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Ironic the real interest in what is on cd is how many band songs are on there.
genuinely couldnt care less. I want good songs, thats the beginning and end of it. I know the romantic notion is everything the band touches turns to gold but that simply isnt the case or we would have had allot more contributions over the years. I know loads of you think the 3 best songs on W2MN were the band songs, thats fine, i dont agree at all but thats just personal taste.

I want a new alice cooper album and i dont care where the tunes come from, if they are good, i'm in!

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Not just the best three songs, but the only three songs that should have been released on W2MN were the ACG songs. If more songs would have been made like the bonus tracks sure, but that is the worst Alice album if you take off the three ACG songs, and I'll Bite Your Face Off could have been lyrically stronger.

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:58 pm

http://qfm96.com/news/030030-alice-coop ... -70s-band/

Nights with alice cooper link also saying paranormal will feature 2 songs from the original band.

Could be possible the actual album itself will feature 2 songs and the bonus disk 3 as mentioned previously.

Bonus disks usually aint classed as part of the LP, so in reality there could be 5 with the bonus disk inclided

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:http://qfm96.com/news/030030-alice-coop ... -70s-band/

Nights with alice cooper link also saying paranormal will feature 2 songs from the original band.

Could be possible the actual album itself will feature 2 songs and the bonus disk 3 as mentioned previously.

Bonus disks usually aint classed as part of the LP, so in reality there could be 5 with the bonus disk inclided

I think it's safe to assume that one of the songs is the American Girl one as Billy Gibbons is on that one. There is still one missing band song if they did cut six.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:11 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Somwhere In Auckland wrote:http://qfm96.com/news/030030-alice-coop ... -70s-band/

I think it's safe to assume that one of the songs is the American Girl one as Billy Gibbons is on that one. There is still one missing band song if they did cut six.
That's for the Japanese edition (I hope).

magicchiz
Trash
Trash

Post by magicchiz » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:42 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Paranormal-Alice ... Paranormal

Looks like Amazon has added a picture to the Album.

Magicchiz

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:59 pm

"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Well spotted. Thanks

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:01 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Ironic the real interest in what is on cd is how many band songs are on there.
Only real interest for some people who only happen to be quite vocal, yes. And coincidently they also seem to think they are the holders of all the right opinions and all of good taste, too.

I just want as many and as good songs as I can get.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:25 pm

I just want as many and as good songs as I can get.
Here, here! Original band be damned, they are not now, or have ever been the guardians of great song writing. I'm an unashamed fan of alice solo (as well as band) and i get sick of people trying to ignore or shrug off his wonderful solo career.

Im excited, the new album is not the best or worst but "ok" BRING IT ON!