Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New album update

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 16, 2017 3:08 pm

From Si:
"I think that maybe in the long term that video (and images) almost did more damage then good, as it set us up for something that the album really didn't deliver on, and that has affected our perception of it ever since."

Exactly, which is why it's just as silly to think the new album is going to be any good based on the interesting promotion so far as it is to think it isn't going to be any good based on a song title.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:33 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Lucius Morthem wrote:Back to the topic...

Do you think this new album will get more video teasers?

ACAS got a lot of that (even a videoclip which IMO (you can't say nothing here without the IMO part) was pretty great, It even had lots of references to old songs, which was cool)
I re-visited the ACAS mini film at the weekend, it really is quite good. I think the album is better than say it is, but that's just my opinion.

You bash A Twisted Xmas and then praise Along Came A Stimker!!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:34 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Si:
"I think that maybe in the long term that video (and images) almost did more damage then good, as it set us up for something that the album really didn't deliver on, and that has affected our perception of it ever since."

Exactly, which is why it's just as silly to think the new album is going to be any good based on the interesting promotion so far as it is to think it isn't going to be any good based on a song title.
I'm sure the Alice Camp will echo Andy's plea to ignore all future teasers no matter how good they are.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue May 16, 2017 4:56 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
Lucius Morthem wrote:Back to the topic...

Do you think this new album will get more video teasers?

ACAS got a lot of that (even a videoclip which IMO (you can't say nothing here without the IMO part) was pretty great, It even had lots of references to old songs, which was cool)
I re-visited the ACAS mini film at the weekend, it really is quite good. I think the album is better than say it is, but that's just my opinion.

You bash A Twisted Xmas and then praise Along Came A Stimker!!
I actually have a soft spot for Twisted Christmas, but it can't be compared to ACAS as it's almost a complete novelty. Still Hungry fits into a similar category. ACAS is at least an original album, whether you like it or not.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Tue May 16, 2017 7:12 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:I've pre ordered the deluxe box set. Let's hope it's a proper limited edition
According to the nuclear blast webshop, it'll include a T-Shirt as well. But they only mention two discs, contrary to what Amazon says

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 16, 2017 7:12 pm

From pitkin88:
"I'm sure the Alice Camp will echo Andy's plea to ignore all future teasers no matter how good they are."

Let the record show how you commented on only one of the two positions thereby removing the context.

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Tue May 16, 2017 11:31 pm

Hopefully we won't get several different bonus track versions this time W2MN had too many.
I will for sure get the 2LP and 2CD. Maybe the Digital if it comes out as a high spec FLAC.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed May 17, 2017 2:38 am

schinkengott wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:I've pre ordered the deluxe box set. Let's hope it's a proper limited edition
According to the nuclear blast webshop, it'll include a T-Shirt as well. But they only mention two discs, contrary to what Amazon says

That sounds more logical.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed May 17, 2017 6:31 am

mestreech wrote:
schinkengott wrote:

That sounds more logical.
Bit random if it does come with a shirt as you can't specify a size.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed May 17, 2017 7:11 am

So are the three ACG tracks only on the bonus disk or are there three on each disk or do we not know yet?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:20 am

dadascot wrote:So are the three ACG tracks only on the bonus disk or are there three on each disk or do we not know yet?

Someone knows but he could be excommunicated If he breathes a word. As it stands right now it's the bonus cd and we must not speculate.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed May 17, 2017 10:30 am

From pitkin88:
"Someone knows but he could be excommunicated If he breathes a word."

Do you reveal information you have been asked not to? Anyone who desperately needs to know the answer now can go directly to http://www.ear-music.net/en/meta-navigation/contact/ which is the source. If they refuse to answer before they are ready to, you can complain to them and let us have their reply.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Someone knows but he could be excommunicated If he breathes a word."

Do you reveal information you have been asked not to? Anyone who desperately needs to know the answer now can go directly to http://www.ear-music.net/en/meta-navigation/contact/ which is the source. If they refuse to answer before they are ready to, you can complain to them and let us have their reply.

So it is six tracks then thanks Amuk.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed May 17, 2017 5:01 pm

From pitkin88:
"So it is six tracks then thanks Amuk."

Good try but I never said that. As stated, you can write to the label if you're desperate to know.

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Sat May 20, 2017 3:17 pm

I think a big problem with Alice, when it comes to new or newer material is that he doesn't seem to believe in it and is too comfortable relying on the hits.

One of the reasons some of his best songs are not well known is the fact he;s never consistantly played a lot of them live and given them a chance to grow on the audience over the years. Most bands who play new music don't get the biggest reaction at 1st, not everyone buys new music but when you keep certain songs in the setlist over time they become much better known.

Alice mentioned in a recent interview he would only play a song like "Roses On White Lace" in front of a real heavy metal crowd, but not in certain city's that are more of a "rock crowd" But trust me, there are always some metal fans that attend Alice show's and I know they would love to hear it. Of course the more casual Alice and might not be crazy about it, but that's because they are going to the show already expecting to see mostly the hits. If Alice had played more songs like that over the years instead of just the hits I think they would have grown to become more popular. Those few metal fans would keep coming back, the audience would have a chance to keep growing. But by sticking to mostly the hits it's gonna only be the old school fans that are gonna be going anyway, going to hear the hits and that's it.

"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun May 21, 2017 2:20 am

HORRORHOLIC wrote:I think a big problem with Alice, when it comes to new or newer material is that he doesn't seem to believe in it and is too comfortable relying on the hits.

One of the reasons some of his best songs are not well known is the fact he;s never consistantly played a lot of them live and given them a chance to grow on the audience over the years. Most bands who play new music don't get the biggest reaction at 1st, not everyone buys new music but when you keep certain songs in the setlist over time they become much better known.

Alice mentioned in a recent interview he would only play a song like "Roses On White Lace" in front of a real heavy metal crowd, but not in certain city's that are more of a "rock crowd" But trust me, there are always some metal fans that attend Alice show's and I know they would love to hear it. Of course the more casual Alice and might not be crazy about it, but that's because they are going to the show already expecting to see mostly the hits. If Alice had played more songs like that over the years instead of just the hits I think they would have grown to become more popular. Those few metal fans would keep coming back, the audience would have a chance to keep growing. But by sticking to mostly the hits it's gonna only be the old school fans that are gonna be going anyway, going to hear the hits and that's it.
Not a bad synopsis. I think you're onto something
I don't know how Alice & his touring band decompress after a show.
The bands I've worked with will debrief afterwards & discuss how this song got such & such a reaction when another just fizzled. Different reactions can be attributed to different crowds but, AC has been touring consistently for many years & the main reason that he's able to still mount extensive tours is the fact that he never puts on a bad show. He may disappoint some hardcore fans that want more variety. However, that doesn't mean he's "Phoning It In."
AC & the band always ROCK! :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sun May 21, 2017 9:43 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
HORRORHOLIC wrote:I think a big problem with Alice, when it comes to new or newer material is that he doesn't seem to believe in it and is too comfortable relying on the hits.

Not a bad synopsis. I think you're onto something
I don't know how Alice & his touring band decompress after a show.
The bands I've worked with will debrief afterwards & discuss how this song got such & such a reaction when another just fizzled. Different reactions can be attributed to different crowds but, AC has been touring consistently for many years & the main reason that he's able to still mount extensive tours is the fact that he never puts on a bad show. He may disappoint some hardcore fans that want more variety. However, that doesn't mean he's "Phoning It In."
AC & the band always ROCK! :rock:
This subject has been discussed many times on here and I am one of those who has advocated for a more radical set list. I would love a 'hidden gems' section where the rtd section was! But I have to say that I have never seen Alice go through the numbers! Total conviction at every performance. I have been on many tours, all be it in theatre rather than with bands and recognise how even the most interesting shows start to get tedious after a while.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun May 21, 2017 12:51 pm

if i know he was playing roses on white lace i would pay ALLOT of money (only if he had a good guitarist like nita)

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Mon May 22, 2017 2:56 am

"when you keep certain songs in the setlist over time they become much better known."
It seems like he did that with both Wicked Young Man and Dirty Diamonds, but neither grew to be in demand concert songs.
"only if he had a good guitarist like nita"
Nita is a great guitarist, as was Ori, but you don't know guitar if you don't think that Ryan could do those songs fine. As could any of the others who have played with Alice. I get it that Nita and Ori have the shredder rep, but Ryan (or Damon, or Jason, et al.) have all the chops necessary.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Post by suziginajackson » Mon May 22, 2017 1:18 pm

It looks like the Amazon UK listing for the box set version of 'Paranormal' has been changed

Instead of stating that it contains 4 discs, it now says it only contains 2.

Although nothing is mentioned as yet, I wonder if this means it will also contain the 'T' shirt as previously mentioned to make it a special purchase

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paranormal-Ali ... ice+Cooper
People try to put us down
Just because we get around