Alice Cooper 50

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper 50

Post by killer wolf » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:25 am

is there any sort of official thing being done? i thought some sort of logo for the tour at least would be done. would be nice if some decent memoribilia was produced rather than just another compilation CD w/ the same old tracks on, after all there's no many acts that last half a century.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:35 am

killer wolf wrote:is there any sort of official thing being done? i thought some sort of logo for the tour at least would be done. would be nice if some decent memoribilia was produced rather than just another compilation CD w/ the same old tracks on, after all there's no many acts that last half a century.
A bloody, dismembered chicken refrigerator magnet would be nice.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:42 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
killer wolf wrote:is there any sort of official thing being done? i thought some sort of logo for the tour at least would be done. would be nice if some decent memoribilia was produced rather than just another compilation CD w/ the same old tracks on, after all there's no many acts that last half a century.
A bloody, dismembered chicken refrigerator magnet would be nice.
What The Cluck??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

tomwabe
Trash
Trash

Post by tomwabe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:23 pm

Alice's merch leaves a lot to be desired... At the Birmingham show after seeing the surviving original band I was in a highly emotional state and would have bought virtually anything as a souvinir of the occasion. But the Tour T shirt with the Killer tour poster was so horribly badly done that I still couldn't pull the trigger. No original band poster, NO PROGRAM??!!
I ended up with a bandana as at least it featured the opening curtain image - though I'll never like that 'Constrictor' logo. The original Pacific Eye and Ear art has so many wonderful, transferable elements - I'm a designer for (mostly) music and I'd put an amazing range together at no charge! It wouldn't exactly be hard - I don't get it...

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:33 am

well i thought a lot of the merch had some great designs, but at glasgow they were woefully undersupplied and didn't get any refills, resulting in the first gig in about 35 years that i've walked out w/out a T-shirt >:-(
ended up getting one online, but still haven't found the one i wanted, which now seems to have been discontinued.
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 am

I couldn't believe how bad the merchandising was at the Glasgow gig!!! I wasn't tempted into anything, there are far better t'shirts in the shop at the Tron! And don't get me started on the prices! And, no programme!!!!

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:53 am

what's the Tron?
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 am

killer wolf wrote:what's the Tron?
The 'tron' is an area of Glasgow where there is a lot of small independent shops, quite a few music and art shops, there is one in particular which sells rock t-shirts, they have a good selection of Alice shirts from various concerts.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:56 am

dadascot wrote:And, no programme!!!!
The last tour with a tour book (programme) was the Dragontown tour in 2002. I don't count the fold-out poster from the 2009, but the point is that there hasn't been one for many years now.

Hunter

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 pm

SickThings wrote:
dadascot wrote:And, no programme!!!!
The last tour with a tour book (programme) was the Dragontown tour in 2002. I don't count the fold-out poster from the 2009, but the point is that there hasn't been one for many years now.

Hunter
The real question is, what do you think it's worth? Stuff ain't cheap, you know...!
:mb:
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:33 pm

We are almost 1/4 of the way through the year, and this thread seems to be the only one mentioning any of it. 3 days from now is the anniversary of their first appearance as Alice, for Pete's sake...

Perhaps this ain't the year for any of this. Maybe they aren't ever going to mention it at all? This wouldn't be the first time that an artist looked past their history....

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Dannorama wrote:We are almost 1/4 of the way through the year, and this thread seems to be the only one mentioning any of it. 3 days from now is the anniversary of their first appearance as Alice, for Pete's sake...

Perhaps this ain't the year for any of this. Maybe they aren't ever going to mention it at all? This wouldn't be the first time that an artist looked past their history....
You may hear something on "Nights With"... But, to the Master's mind it may only be like yesterday. :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon May 28, 2018 11:40 am

From the news page - at least Martin Popoff noticed... Can't say that this tempts me, though. Nothing against the author, but if the cover is any indication, the "photos" inside are probably "snapshots" at best. Let's hope that we get some solid stuff from the official side of things. I am revving up my wallet in anticipation.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon May 28, 2018 9:52 pm

Dannorama wrote:I am revving up my wallet in anticipation.
Ladies and gentlemen, start your wallets!
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

BennyONeill
Trash
Trash

Post by BennyONeill » Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 pm

jellys wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2443 10:13 pm
I cant wait to celebrate it properly - but how? I have no idea yet. Any propositions?
Alice Cooper has announced a seven-date UK tour to take place in October 2019

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu May 23, 2019 11:18 pm

Ehm cheers for digging this thread out and bumping it with this news

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Fri May 24, 2019 4:19 am

BennyONeill wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:01 pm
jellys wrote:
I cant wait to celebrate it properly - but how? I have no idea yet. Any propositions?
I heard from Alice in an interview talking about the upcoming UK Tour it's gonna be a 50th anniversary celebration of his career, and he said ir will be a "Total Alice Extravaganza "also saying he'll play songs from albums people wouldn't expect him to play from. That's quite exciting, right, jellys??

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Fri May 31, 2019 2:18 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:19 am
BennyONeill wrote:
jellys wrote:
I heard from Alice in an interview talking about the upcoming UK Tour it's gonna be a 50th anniversary celebration of his career, and he said ir will be a "Total Alice Extravaganza "also saying he'll play songs from albums people wouldn't expect him to play from. That's quite exciting, right, jellys??
AliceFan, you are a refreshing addition to this forum, you and Jelly.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Jellys!

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Fri May 31, 2019 8:06 pm

AliceFan wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:19 am
BennyONeill wrote:
jellys wrote:
WHERE and WHEN did you hear this? Why would Mr. Cooper have a 50th Anniversary Celebration in October of 2019? The BANDS' first show, under the Alice Cooper name occurred in March of 1968 - 51 years and some 7 months from his planned UK concerts this year. LOL. Don't tell...Mr. Cooper is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Fillmore West show he (AND THE BAND) did with Ike and Tina Turner back in October of 1969.
50th Anniversary show in the UK? I sure would like to see and hear that interview you mentioned. Especially after ''someone'' stiffed the original band back in 2018 over a true anniversary show. :x
What you want and what you get are two different things