If ACG toured without Alice

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Devon, Shoesalesman

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3911
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by Si » Tue May 09, 2017 9:24 am

nurserozetta wrote:Not sure how viable a tour by the ACG would be - given their are still tickets left for this Sundays show - they would have to think carefully about venue size etc - having said that I would probably go
The very sad thing is that the original guys just don`t have the pulling power that Alice does.
I remember when we did Sickcon. Sickcon sold out, based on several factors (convention/added value, only UK show etc) BUT when BDS added a few more shows around Sickcon they struggled to sell tickets. Of course the fact that the diehards already had sickcon tickets probably didn`t help! At one show near Birmingham the support act pulled more people then they did, as shown when 80% of the audience seemed to leave after the local opening act (a Nirvana tribute if I recall) finished.
It's very sad and shouldn`t be that way but it's a fact of life.

User avatar
Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:39 pm
Location: Milan
Contact:

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by Spot and Jerome » Tue May 09, 2017 8:36 pm

If the singer was Iggy that would be perfect and yes, I would go.
Other possible choice: Mike Monroe.
As far as the guitar player goes, anyone that is no guitar hero or metal shredder would be fine with me.
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

User avatar
RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed May 10, 2017 12:15 am

nurserozetta wrote:Not sure how viable a tour by the ACG would be - given their are still tickets left for this Sundays show - they would have to think carefully about venue size etc - having said that I would probably go
I don't think this is a totally fair assessment. They were added onto this show well after tickets went on sale and it's not been heavily advertised or promoted as a "reunion" or anything from what I've seen. It's more an after thought appearance because they're appearing at the Music Biz thing (which I assume Alice will show up for also).

I would love to see them together, but I'm not driving 8.5 hours to sit 30 rows back, I just don't do that.

As far as a full tour, it depends. If the tour was marketed well, it could do better numbers, especially if there's an interesting twist to it, say recreating the B$B Tour or something along those lines.

If it's simply the typical Alice Cooper style show we've been getting for years now sans post-74 material, or the half-hearted Alice w/ originals appearances where he keeps his hand in his pocket the entire time then perhaps not. :laugh:

Still, I get the feeling there's not really an appetite from Alice or management to do a full tour with the original guys so I doubt it's ever going to happen and the best we can hope for is these types of one off appearances.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 4319
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:20 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
nurserozetta wrote:Not sure how viable a tour by the ACG would be - given their are still tickets left for this Sundays show - they would have to think carefully about venue size etc - having said that I would probably go
I don't think this is a totally fair assessment. They were added onto this show well after tickets went on sale and it's not been heavily advertised or promoted as a "reunion" or anything from what I've seen. It's more an after thought appearance because they're appearing at the Music Biz thing (which I assume Alice will show up for also).

I would love to see them together, but I'm not driving 8.5 hours to sit 30 rows back, I just don't do that.

As far as a full tour, it depends. If the tour was marketed well, it could do better numbers, especially if there's an interesting twist to it, say recreating the B$B Tour or something along those lines.

If it's simply the typical Alice Cooper style show we've been getting for years now sans post-74 material, or the half-hearted Alice w/ originals appearances where he keeps his hand in his pocket the entire time then perhaps not. :laugh:

Still, I get the feeling there's not really an appetite from Alice or management to do a full tour with the original guys so I doubt it's ever going to happen and the best we can hope for is these types of one off appearances.


I agree. It would be nice to see some actual paying gigs with AC NS DD MB and one other. The full album show could really be explored, I'd even take them playing a short residency in Vegas or Phoenix or whatever. What I wont pay to see is a non rehearsed 30 min set with Alice going through the motions.

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by VinceRaven » Wed May 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Si wrote:
nurserozetta wrote:Not sure how viable a tour by the ACG would be - given their are still tickets left for this Sundays show - they would have to think carefully about venue size etc - having said that I would probably go
The very sad thing is that the original guys just don`t have the pulling power that Alice does.
I remember when we did Sickcon. Sickcon sold out, based on several factors (convention/added value, only UK show etc) BUT when BDS added a few more shows around Sickcon they struggled to sell tickets. Of course the fact that the diehards already had sickcon tickets probably didn`t help! At one show near Birmingham the support act pulled more people then they did, as shown when 80% of the audience seemed to leave after the local opening act (a Nirvana tribute if I recall) finished.
It's very sad and shouldn`t be that way but it's a fact of life.
Is there a setlist anywhere of what they played?

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3911
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 am

VinceRaven wrote:
Si wrote: The very sad thing is that the original guys just don`t have the pulling power that Alice does.
I remember when we did Sickcon. Sickcon sold out, based on several factors (convention/added value, only UK show etc) BUT when BDS added a few more shows around Sickcon they struggled to sell tickets. Of course the fact that the diehards already had sickcon tickets probably didn`t help! At one show near Birmingham the support act pulled more people then they did, as shown when 80% of the audience seemed to leave after the local opening act (a Nirvana tribute if I recall) finished.
It's very sad and shouldn`t be that way but it's a fact of life.
Is there a setlist anywhere of what they played?
At Sickcon? From my notes it was:
I Want Two / Having The Time Of My Life / Vampire Night / Diner Girl / Love You Too Much / Snakepit Boogie / The Joke's On You / She Was A Bad Girl / The Real Thing / Fallen Angel / Dennis Bass Solo / Alma Mater / Grand Finale / Caught In A Dream / (Don't Fear) The Reaper / Under My Wheels / Astronomy / See You On The Other Side - School's Out - See You On The Other Side / Godzilla / Black Juju / Halo Of Flies (With Michael Bruce) / I'm Eighteen (With Michael Bruce)
Other shows had a shorter setlist.

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by VinceRaven » Thu May 11, 2017 9:55 am

Si wrote:
VinceRaven wrote:
Si wrote: The very sad thing is that the original guys just don`t have the pulling power that Alice does.
I remember when we did Sickcon. Sickcon sold out, based on several factors (convention/added value, only UK show etc) BUT when BDS added a few more shows around Sickcon they struggled to sell tickets. Of course the fact that the diehards already had sickcon tickets probably didn`t help! At one show near Birmingham the support act pulled more people then they did, as shown when 80% of the audience seemed to leave after the local opening act (a Nirvana tribute if I recall) finished.
It's very sad and shouldn`t be that way but it's a fact of life.
Is there a setlist anywhere of what they played?
At Sickcon? From my notes it was:
I Want Two / Having The Time Of My Life / Vampire Night / Diner Girl / Love You Too Much / Snakepit Boogie / The Joke's On You / She Was A Bad Girl / The Real Thing / Fallen Angel / Dennis Bass Solo / Alma Mater / Grand Finale / Caught In A Dream / (Don't Fear) The Reaper / Under My Wheels / Astronomy / See You On The Other Side - School's Out - See You On The Other Side / Godzilla / Black Juju / Halo Of Flies (With Michael Bruce) / I'm Eighteen (With Michael Bruce)
Other shows had a shorter setlist.
Alma Mater, nice choice.

User avatar
Si
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3911
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by Si » Thu May 11, 2017 11:20 am

VinceRaven wrote:
Si wrote:
At Sickcon? From my notes it was:
I Want Two / Having The Time Of My Life / Vampire Night / Diner Girl / Love You Too Much / Snakepit Boogie / The Joke's On You / She Was A Bad Girl / The Real Thing / Fallen Angel / Dennis Bass Solo / Alma Mater / Grand Finale / Caught In A Dream / (Don't Fear) The Reaper / Under My Wheels / Astronomy / See You On The Other Side - School's Out - See You On The Other Side / Godzilla / Black Juju / Halo Of Flies (With Michael Bruce) / I'm Eighteen (With Michael Bruce)
Other shows had a shorter setlist.
Alma Mater, nice choice.
Neal "sang" it

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:43 am

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by I'm Pain » Fri May 12, 2017 10:36 am

I'd go in hopes of hearing some lesser played gems - Long Way To Go, Luney Tune, or Caught In a Dream.

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by VinceRaven » Fri May 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Si wrote:
VinceRaven wrote:
Si wrote:
At Sickcon? From my notes it was:
I Want Two / Having The Time Of My Life / Vampire Night / Diner Girl / Love You Too Much / Snakepit Boogie / The Joke's On You / She Was A Bad Girl / The Real Thing / Fallen Angel / Dennis Bass Solo / Alma Mater / Grand Finale / Caught In A Dream / (Don't Fear) The Reaper / Under My Wheels / Astronomy / See You On The Other Side - School's Out - See You On The Other Side / Godzilla / Black Juju / Halo Of Flies (With Michael Bruce) / I'm Eighteen (With Michael Bruce)
Other shows had a shorter setlist.
Alma Mater, nice choice.
Neal "sang" it
OK, not so exciting, but I'm still pleased they did it.

User avatar
VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by VinceRaven » Fri May 12, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm Pain wrote:I'd go in hopes of hearing some lesser played gems - Long Way To Go, Luney Tune, or Caught In a Dream.
Luney Tune to me, and quite a few others I think, has near holy grail status when it comes to hearing it live. I've resigned myself to it never happening though. Revisiting My Stars or Hard Hearted Alice would be immense.

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:05 pm
Location: Horsholm, Denmark

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by Today Mueller » Sat May 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Luney Tune is epic !
One of my all time favourites.
Bring it on !

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:43 am

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by I'm Pain » Sun May 14, 2017 4:08 am

VinceRaven wrote:
I'm Pain wrote:I'd go in hopes of hearing some lesser played gems - Long Way To Go, Luney Tune, or Caught In a Dream.
Luney Tune to me, and quite a few others I think, has near holy grail status when it comes to hearing it live. I've resigned myself to it never happening though. Revisiting My Stars or Hard Hearted Alice would be immense.
I consider Luney Tune to be the most underrated song by the ACG, and maybe Alice's best vocal performance ever (in my opinion). That song is an absolute monster.......

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: If ACG toured without Alice

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun May 14, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm Pain wrote:
VinceRaven wrote:
I'm Pain wrote:I'd go in hopes of hearing some lesser played gems - Long Way To Go, Luney Tune, or Caught In a Dream.
Luney Tune to me, and quite a few others I think, has near holy grail status when it comes to hearing it live. I've resigned myself to it never happening though. Revisiting My Stars or Hard Hearted Alice would be immense.
I consider Luney Tune to be the most underrated song by the ACG, and maybe Alice's best vocal performance ever (in my opinion). That song is an absolute monster.......
I agree with everything stated above 110%. I've mentioned elsewhere - not sure if it's in this thread or even this Forum - that I'd also like to see/hear Hallowed be My Name and Man With the Golden Gun played live which would be the 1st time for both songs as far as I know.

Ted

Post Reply