Alice's Facebook

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Alice's Facebook

Post by alicebackstage » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Just wanted to do a post about Alice's Facebook page here. I've been managing Alice's Facebook page since I became his assistant in 2010. As you all know, for the last year or so there have been posts that have not related to Alice on the page. These were all done by a third party company (not hired by me) in hopes of reaching a more general audience on Facebook. The reason for that was essentially this - Facebook pushes posts most uniformly liked by all Facebook users, hence why there were memes and click bait. Those are the types of posts that are generally popular on Facebook. So, when Alice's page posts one of these types of content to his 4 million followers, Facebook immediately prioritizes that general stuff higher than a plain old Alice photo. This company was hired to reach a more general audience.

The upside is that Alice reached more general folks with the page. The downside is that those people weren't Alice's real fans, aren't really ticket buyers and don't actually care about Alice content. Even worse, Alice's true fans have mostly left the page in frustration. Which is understandable. I almost lost my job or quit several times for bucking against them and making such a stink. It ate me up inside and made my blood boil that this was happening, but I eventually gave up trying to fight it because it seemed fruitless and I was only endangering my position in doing so.

ANYWAY, Shep emailed me this morning to tell me that he stopped the company who was doing those posts from posting any more, in direct reaction to the overwhelmingly negative response from you all, and that I'd be back to posting the Alice only content. I'm still in shock as it's been so long and such a drain on my spirits to see this happening to Alice's page. SO, that being said, what content do YOU guys want to see on his Facebook page? What are the things that you'd like to see up there, aside from the obvious behind the scenes photos and show announcements etc.

I want to thank those of you who always stuck up for Alice in the comments on Facebook too. I was blocked from commenting and saying Alice wasn't posting this stuff and it really killed me to see the negative comments and not be able to address them. But many of you all came to his defense and I appreciate that.

Hope to see you all out there on the road this year!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's Facebook

Post by Dannorama » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:04 pm

I am one of those who has completely disregarded AC's Facebook for these reasons. In general, I hate FB to begin with - such a meddlesome entity. That being said, I will begin to pop in again, based solely upon your post. Requests? This Week In AC History would be nice.

I am glad that you are still a part of the family, Kyler. Your stuff is great.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Good luck with the renewed page.
Any hot news on the new album or the upcoming WB reissues with bonus contens (live/outtake)?
I can always ask :laugh: :laugh:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Good to hear the page is back in the right hands.
I also generally hate facebook, but of course have to keep my eye on it for interesting stuff that pops up.
As to what should be on the page.. I think generally anything interesting haha. Old photos, new photos, news etc obviously. The "Today in history" idea is a cool one, especially if you can link it to an interesting Alice memory (if he remembers haha) or someone else who was there. Maybe a "this week" would be less work :)

Lazarus
Trash
Trash

Post by Lazarus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Yay! I left for those very reasons, but now I'm comin' back!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 pm

people should live more like alice,so inspirational quotes would be great!new album teasers,things going on while out on tour,family news that he feels is ok to share,never before seen pics,maybe songs that were never released could be discussed! thanks for taking the page back kyler!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:47 pm

It would be a great place for Alice and others involved to start an in depth history of everything. Involve anybody and everybody who was involved with the writing, production, performing etc of each album and get their stories and recollections.

The same can be done with the tours. Put requests out to past musicians, performers, etc for photos, video and anectdotes.

Maybe Shep could give insight into aspects of the business side of it.

Get the good, the bad and the ugly. The highs and the lows. It would be great to get a proper accurate history of the original band and solo Alice, told from everyone who was involved with creating it.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 pm

mr.barlow wrote:It would be a great place for Alice and others involved to start an in depth history of everything. Involve anybody and everybody who was involved with the writing, production, performing etc of each album and get their stories and recollections.

The same can be done with the tours. Put requests out to past musicians, performers, etc for photos, video and anectdotes.

Get the good, the bad and the ugly. The highs and the lows. It would be great to get a proper accurate history of the original band and solo Alice, told from everyone who was involved with creating it.
You do realise Kyler has other jobs to do don`t you? haha
All l that would take an LOT of work and time.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Si wrote:The "Today in history" idea is a cool one, especially if you can link it to an interesting Alice memory (if he remembers haha) or someone else who was there. Maybe a "this week" would be less work :)
Much respect to you, Si! For those who missed it, I had edited my original post, which had originally said "Today in history..." Si's too quick! I also think that a "This week" would be less labor intensive, and it could include multiple entries, based on the week.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:11 pm

Si wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:It would be a great place for Alice and others involved to start an in depth history of everything. Involve anybody and everybody who was involved with the writing, production, performing etc of each album and get their stories and recollections.

I don't think it would be as labor intensive as you would think. I would bet that nearly everyone who is still alive that has written, recorded or performed with Alice are on Facebook. Once word got out that they are welcome in taking part in such a project I could guarantee that 90% of them would be thrilled to participate.

Granted, it would need someone to direct the project, but it could be done as simply as having a FB posting like, for example, "Flush The Fashion". Then have the people who were involved with that album and tour simply post their recollections, photos, anecdotes, etc right on that posting. Hopefully with Alice joining in.

It could be done with specific albums, songs, tours, video shoots, tv special, everything. I know a few former touring band members who have stories that they would love to share. There is so much information out there that is being lost to time. All of these people are getting old and it won't be long until it is all lost to history.

At any rate, the fact that Shep fired the company that ruined Alice's FB page is great news. Alice is lightyears behind what others are doing on FB and other social media outlets. Hopefully, that's about to change.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 pm

This is great news, I would gladly take minimal good, relevant information than the crap that has been on there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:35 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Si wrote:

I don't think it would be as labor intensive as you would think. I would bet that nearly everyone who is still alive that has written, recorded or performed with Alice are on Facebook. Once word got out that they are welcome in taking part in such a project I could guarantee that 90% of them would be thrilled to participate.

Granted, it would need someone to direct the project, but it could be done as simply as having a FB posting like, for example, "Flush The Fashion". Then have the people who were involved with that album and tour simply post their recollections, photos, anecdotes, etc right on that posting. Hopefully with Alice joining in.

It could be done with specific albums, songs, tours, video shoots, tv special, everything. I know a few former touring band members who have stories that they would love to share. There is so much information out there that is being lost to time. All of these people are getting old and it won't be long until it is all lost to history.

At any rate, the fact that Shep fired the company that ruined Alice's FB page is great news. Alice is lightyears behind what others are doing on FB and other social media outlets. Hopefully, that's about to change.
My thoughts exactly. If they can move forward & link to other members pages that are Alice & ACG associates that may get me to take the plunge & dive into that Social Media Swamp! Much as I enjoy being a part of SickThings, I find the other sites to be too focused on the ME aspect.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:07 am

Great news.

Tour updates / blogs while on the road would be good, everyone loves exclusive behind the scenes stuff from country to country.

Any news / updates, interviews, today in history, trivia etc

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:44 am

This is so good to hear and flicking through the page today was extremely satisfying once again. Alice is such an iconic artist, 'he' doesn't need to resort to any second-rate behaviour on social media to appeal to the brain-dead masses.

Kyler - Your behind-the-scenes pics and videos are what I want to see. Things like Alice in make-up before a show (and ideally just before he hits the stage where all that pre-show energy is present). Things like Alice and his tall buddy buying tickets for a football match, such a great juxtaposition! Maybe the odd competition to win something really personal and cool.

Anyway, a great result for the people who will stick with Alice through thick and thin.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:11 am

Yes Im another that left the page in frustration and anger - I was worried seeing all the negative posts what it was doing to the "Brand" Glad to see its back in the right hands - just post anything Alice related will do me !

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:28 am

Nice one, I shall re join the page after leaving a long way back. Just keep it Alice related and i'll be happy.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:32 pm

But what does the casual fan want?

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:46 pm

Setlist ideas or considerations would be fun to have on Alice Facebook page. I know all the Sick Things here love to to discuss this topic.
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Anything but clickbait will be welcomed

Even the contents from AliceCooper youtube site. The Ask Alice and all that stuff are really enjoyable. And obviously your photos, You're a great photographer, you know how to capture moments quite great

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:27 pm

This is off-topic but important:

PLEASE tell Alice, or whomever is making the final decisions, to drop the covers from the set!

Alice has a catalog of songs spanning 50 years that the fans would much rather hear rather than a bunch of stale old classic rock nonsense.

Leave the covers to the Hollywood Vampires and let's have Alice perform Alice.

I've been a hardcore fan since 1981 and there is very little that I have been really disappointed with since then. But the continuing of playing cover songs is not only getting tired but it's getting very off-putting.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of long term/hardcore fans have had about enough of the covers! Again---Alice--please play Alice!