Alice's Facebook

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Re: Alice's Facebook

Post by Pitta » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 pm

You are right. It's a good project, and I like Hollywood Vampires. I saw them live, and it was a nice show, but his fans want to hear Alice Cooper songs.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:58 pm

Pitta wrote:You are right. It's a good project, and I like Hollywood Vampires. I saw them live, and it was a nice show, but his fans want to hear Alice Cooper songs.
If anyone has been paying attention - it has been postulated that the "Casual Fan" has been filling the seats recently. Opening for Iron Maiden & Motley Crue, these fans know of Alice. But, not very deep into the catalog. When tickets go on sale these buyers remember that Alice blew the Headliners off of the stage on most nights!! So, they would expect a show akin to what they enjoyed before. Classic ACG & Alice songs & a smattering of recognizable Top 40 hits as far as covers - plus a great show. They're the ones that are going to get their friends to buy tickets also. We (SickThings) are going to buy tickets also. :alice: Who has the time to ask each ticket buyer "What Song Is It You Want To Hear?"
(Skynyrd reference) & then add up the votes?
They're (C.F.'s) also more likely to find the info they want on Facebook. Now that Kyler has regained control. :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:51 am

mr.barlow wrote:This is off-topic but important:

PLEASE tell Alice, or whomever is making the final decisions, to drop the covers from the set!

Alice has a catalog of songs spanning 50 years that the fans would much rather hear rather than a bunch of stale old classic rock nonsense.

Leave the covers to the Hollywood Vampires and let's have Alice perform Alice.

I've been a hardcore fan since 1981 and there is very little that I have been really disappointed with since then. But the continuing of playing cover songs is not only getting tired but it's getting very off-putting.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of long term/hardcore fans have had about enough of the covers! Again---Alice--please play Alice!

I'm going to up the ante. Alice should play ALL covers starting with those officially released on record and then the ones he has been doing and then some others that maybe didn't quite make the cut for THV's. I'd actually like him to do his own solo covers album without Depp et al taking the gloss off things.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:53 am

If Alice is trying to capture new fans or make a casual fan into a more devout fan then why would he do so by playing a Hendrix song? A Doors song? A Bowie song?

What's the point of being a fan of Alice's if the songs that you enjoy are not Alice songs?

Alice has always been completely original. He rolled with the changes in music for nearly 50 years and has been able to adapt to each trend while staying creative and original. This is why it's such a downer to see him playing covers of songs that were tired turds twenty years ago! Pinball Wizard? Come on...give me a break!

I'm sure any fan would rather hear "Model Citizen", "Vicious Rumors" or "Cleansed By Fire" than any of those steamers he plays night after night.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:57 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Pitta wrote:You are right. It's a good project, and I like Hollywood Vampires. I saw them live, and it was a nice show, but his fans want to hear Alice Cooper songs.
If anyone has been paying attention - it has been postulated that the "Casual Fan" has been filling the seats recently. Opening for Iron Maiden & Motley Crue, these fans know of Alice. But, not very deep into the catalog. When tickets go on sale these buyers remember that Alice blew the Headliners off of the stage on most nights!! So, they would expect a show akin to what they enjoyed before. Classic ACG & Alice songs & a smattering of recognizable Top 40 hits as far as covers - plus a great show. They're the ones that are going to get their friends to buy tickets also. We (SickThings) are going to buy tickets also. :alice: Who has the time to ask each ticket buyer "What Song Is It You Want To Hear?"
They're (C.F.'s) also more likely to find the info they want on Facebook. Now that Kyler has regained control. :8):
Yes the casuals know Kyler!! Side bar I think the hardcore fans here might not be as hardcore buying tickets as they used to so God bless the Teddy Bear buying casuals.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:00 am

pitkin88 wrote:

PLEASE tell Alice, or whomever is making the final decisions, to drop the covers from the set!

Alice has a catalog of songs spanning 50 years that the fans would much rather hear rather than a bunch of stale old classic rock nonsense.

I've been a hardcore fan since 1981 and there is very little that I have been really disappointed with since then. But the continuing of playing cover songs is not only getting tired but it's getting very off-putting.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of long term/hardcore fans have had about enough of the covers! Again---Alice--please play Alice!

I'm going to up the ante. Alice should play ALL covers starting with those officially released on record and then the ones he has been doing and then some others that maybe didn't quite make the cut for THV's. I'd actually like him to do his own solo covers album without Depp et al taking the gloss off things.
pitkin88 wrote:

Alice has done some incredicle covers over the years. In fact his cover versions of "Seven & Seven Is" and "Talk Talk" could be definitive versions of those songs. If he were to play those live it would be fine. It's his song choices in the covers part of the set that is horrible.

Alice has an incredible and diverse taste in music. He is much better than resorting to singing the tired old pap he's been doing--even if those guys were friends of his.

Also, I would like to hear an Alice cover songs album---but with the type of covers Alice used to choose to record.

Here is one song that I think Alice should cover as a duet with Lady Gaga: "These Boots Are Made For Walkin". Alternate singing the verses with both singing the chorus.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:09 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Yes the casuals know Kyler!! Side bar I think the hardcore fans here might not be as hardcore buying tickets as they used to so God bless the Teddy Bear buying casuals.
It was us hardcore fans that bought the albums and supported Alice when everyone else jumped off the sinking ship!

I don't think there were too many casuals who showed up and bought Special Forces or Dada or who went to any of the 1980 or 1981 shows.

The people who came on board from 1986 onward have no idea how bad those years were and it was the hardcore fanbase that kept Alice going---not the casual saps.

Some hardcore fans no longer buy tickets as they no longer connect with what Alice is doing live or can't stand being surrounded by "casuals" who have no real appreciation of Alice.

Alice has earned the right to do whatever he wants with his career. He is in the final innings and a lot of us hardcore fans would love for him to give us at least a taste of his album cuts.

vince_raven
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by vince_raven » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:31 am

A few years ago on Facebook a poll was taken on songs fans wanted to hear live. As a result, us fans got treated to "He's Back", "Hey Stoopid" and "House of Fire". While the hardcore fans might not have chosen these particular songs, they were refreshing to hear and proves that our voice can be heard. I would encourage more interaction like this on his Facebook page.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:39 am

vince_raven wrote:A few years ago on Facebook a poll was taken on songs fans wanted to hear live. As a result, us fans got treated to "He's Back", "Hey Stoopid" and "House of Fire". While the hardcore fans might not have chosen these particular songs, they were refreshing to hear and proves that our voice can be heard. I would encourage more interaction like this on his Facebook page.
Although I'm not a big fan of any of those songs, I would much rater hear them then the covers.

Hopefully, the Facebook page will now be properly used and could result in the fans having more input.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:12 am

Telephone is ringing
Alice phoning it in
It's the same old stage show
he's keepin all the covers in.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:01 am

vince_raven wrote:A few years ago on Facebook a poll was taken on songs fans wanted to hear live. As a result, us fans got treated to "He's Back", "Hey Stoopid" and "House of Fire". While the hardcore fans might not have chosen these particular songs, they were refreshing to hear and proves that our voice can be heard. I would encourage more interaction like this on his Facebook page.
That`s true, however if I recall the top songs voted for on facebook, when asked what *RARE* songs people would like to hear, were 'Poison', and 'School's Out' with "beer" also voted for :smack:

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:38 am

pitkin88 wrote:Telephone is ringing
Alice phoning it in

hahaha :clap: :clap: :rock:

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:30 pm

Great news Kyler! I will also go back to following :)

Well, I know exactly how much work this all is. I've been in charge of the website at work since 2000. It takes much longer than people imagine. There can be a few hours of research behind a small article at times, getting images ready etc, even when you are super fast, things add up.

So yes, posting a "special" from time to time would be great, I agree that memories from Shep would be amazing!

You could also re-post some of Tommy's funny videos. (sharing will not be a good enough as FB hides external links)

I know how annoying it is to promote things on FB with their tendency of hiding everything. I mostly gave on on my own page it was a waste of time. But if people actually subscribe to get notifications it reaches the ones who care for real. *heads off to do just that*

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Alice phoning it in
They're out! :clap:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:09 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Alice phoning it in

No doubt Alice saw my post :rock:

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:28 am

We can all be thankful. I see where "Pain" has been added to the set. That's a great addition! Let's hope it stays in for the duration of the tour.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:22 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
NotSoPerfect wrote:
Alice phoning it in

No doubt Alice saw my post :rock:
Not likely. Your post was timestamped after the show happened. ;)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:42 pm

As long as it's Alice up there, I'm OK.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.