Atlantic Records, I believe.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Mar Y Sol 1972 album

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon May 29, 2017 11:25 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Toronto Bob:
"Odd how there's a note that says "Not for Sale in the USA"."

No. The reason for that is that the company releasing this believes that this recording was originally a radio broadcast (there is no evidence I or any other collectors are aware of that this is the case) and while such releases (radio broadcasts) can be legally sold in Europe as long as royalties are being paid and again I am told there have been no advances paid to the performers, composers or the legal owners of the recording (I think this has been discussed before) they cannot be sold on the other side of The Atlantic Ocean so that's why that statement is on there.

> This seems the type of material ideal for a Rhino Records release. Hopefully whatever is the impediment, it relents soon. I'm sure every decent quality concert tape from the original band would do well as a boutique release by Rhino.

Without going into detail, this was considered by one company (not the one you mention) but again, whether they think it's worth doing now that it has been bootlegged is another matter. We will have to wait and see about that.
Doesn't matter about the Mar Y Sol tape - that ship has sailed. That tape existed for 45 years before this release. Find another show and it will be worthy of a release. No one is getting any younger. The time for maximum return passed a couple of decades ago but you can still make a tidy sum on a limited release. Easy Action/Applebush have done a very nice job on their 2 ACG releases, any owner of quality tapes should either deal with them or take their cues from them.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 29, 2017 12:48 pm

From Toronto Bob:
"Doesn't matter about the Mar Y Sol tape - that ship has sailed."

Well, you're the one who raised it when you questioned the statement from the label that released it. All I did was explain it.

> Easy Action/Applebush have done a very nice job on their 2 ACG releases, any owner of quality tapes should either deal with them or take their cues from them.

Feel free to contact Warner Brothers and let them know.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon May 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Already have

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon May 29, 2017 6:10 pm

From Toronto Bob:
"Already have"

Do let us have their reply with their permission.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:00 pm

"Already have"

You are assuming they will reply.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Mon May 29, 2017 8:02 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
"Already have"

You are assuming they will reply.
Exactly - it was years ago and I never got any acknowledgement. No form e-mail "thank you for your interest" nothing. You know because everyone is brilliant and they all know better.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 30, 2017 10:47 am

From pitkin88:
"You are assuming they will reply."

Yes, I should have added if there is a response.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 30, 2017 10:49 am

From Toronto Bob:
"Exactly - it was years ago and I never got any acknowledgement. No form e-mail "thank you for your interest" nothing."

So you therefore you know where the power lies and that often it isn't the artists or their management that have that power.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue May 30, 2017 1:04 pm

You've always refused to understand my POV so I won't try to further explain but I'll just say at this point, it doesn't matter to me where "the power lies" The power initially resides with the creators, if they have chosen to divest themselves of power and control of their legacy - the blame still resides with them and regardless, this is entertainment in exchange for money. Can it be said the smart people with "the power" have maximized their investment? Possibly but I doubt it. Regardless I've lost most interest in Alice Cooper save for a couple of select things. These days I've been diving headlong into 40th Anniversary packages of Jethro Tull and King Crimson albums. Now there's some fantastic archival releases, really mind blowing. Top notch quality released by people who actually care about the art. Such a refreshing contrast to you-know-who.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Tue May 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:You've always refused to understand my POV so I won't try to further explain but I'll just say at this point, it doesn't matter to me where "the power lies" The power initially resides with the creators, if they have chosen to divest themselves of power and control of their legacy - the blame still resides with them and regardless, this is entertainment in exchange for money. Can it be said the smart people with "the power" have maximized their investment? Possibly but I doubt it. Regardless I've lost most interest in Alice Cooper save for a couple of select things. These days I've been diving headlong into 40th Anniversary packages of Jethro Tull and King Crimson albums. Now there's some fantastic archival releases, really mind blowing. Top notch quality released by people who actually care about the art. Such a refreshing contrast to you-know-who.
For someone who has lost interest, you seem to post here quite regularly.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue May 30, 2017 1:55 pm

That's in relation to new AC material or anything post-'82. Try to keep up sickophant

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue May 30, 2017 3:30 pm

From Toronto Bob:
"You've always refused to understand my POV so I won't try to further explain"

Well it's all here in the archives but if you do think we have misunderstood, you should definitely take the time to express it clearly one more time so that there's no further confusion.

> but I'll just say at this point, it doesn't matter to me where "the power lies"

Then I guess reality and practicality doesn't either.

The power initially resides with the creators,

That is a little idealistic. It actually belongs to whoever is paying for the art to be created.

>if they have chosen to divest themselves of power and control of their legacy - the blame still resides with them and regardless,

Not everyone has a choice, especially at the start of their career. That is just how the world was and in a way still is.

>it be said the smart people with "the power" have maximized their investment? Possibly but I doubt it.

We are not disagreeing here but again, now that you know who has the power, that's where your aim should be. To on the one hand be critical against the wrong targets but then to state "it doesn't matter to me where "the power lies"" doesn't seem to be rational or fair.

>>Regardless I've lost most interest in Alice Cooper save for a couple of select things.

That isn't what I'm asking.

> Now there's some fantastic archival releases, really mind blowing. Top notch quality released by people who actually care about the art.

I am thrilled for you although I'm not sure what you mean about the "actually care part" unless you mean Parlophone Label Group or whover it was, "care" more about their assets than Warner Brothers do, in which case, you know where you should be aiming at.

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Post by Today Mueller » Tue May 30, 2017 8:33 pm

I finally got Mar Y Sol and Nobody Likes Us, CD's.
Great stuff !
Great packaging.
Mar Y Sol is great but as TB said, not the best Killer performance I've heard.
The sq is the best I've heard, though. Especially Long way to go for some reason sounds better than the rest of the show.

I am even more exited about Nobody Likes Us.
The package is so cool. When I opened the plastic folio, I thought "what's this white fluffy stuff sticking out" and it was a bunch of chicken feathers :laugh: Great idea :clap:
Great to hear the complete set with all intro and outro too. I suppose the outro when the guy says they will transform and play traditional R&R (or something in that line), is before they return to back up Gene Vincent.
Would have been great to have that set included instead of the bonus material.

The bonus Avalon Ballroom show is not great sq. I seem to recall that the old cassette tape I had of the show sounded much better.
But EasyAction do point out that the original broadcast tape had deterioated.
That only stresses the importance of getting more ACG recordings restored and released before it's too late.

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Post by Today Mueller » Tue May 30, 2017 8:38 pm

By the way:

I couldn't find the thread on the Nobody Likes Us release.
Anyone know if the collectable cards pictured are genuine or just made for the EasyAction release ?
I suspect the latter.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed May 31, 2017 2:17 am

Today Mueller wrote:I finally got Mar Y Sol and Nobody Likes Us, CD's.
Great stuff !
Great packaging.
The sq is the best I've heard, though. Especially Long way to go for some reason sounds better than the rest of the show.

The package is so cool. When I opened the plastic folio, I thought "what's this white fluffy stuff sticking out" and it was a bunch of chicken feathers :laugh: Great idea :clap:
Great to hear the complete set with all intro and outro too. I suppose the outro when the guy says they will transform and play traditional R&R (or something in that line), is before they return to back up Gene Vincent.

The bonus Avalon Ballroom show is not great sq. I seem to recall that the old cassette tape I had of the show sounded much better.
That only stresses the importance of getting more ACG recordings restored and released before it's too late.
Very much agree with all this. What a treat it would be to hear the guys backing Gene Vincent.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:40 am

Toronto Bob wrote:
Today Mueller wrote:I finally got Mar Y Sol and Nobody Likes Us, CD's.
Great stuff !
Great packaging.

Very much agree with all this. What a treat it would be to hear the guys backing Gene Vincent.

Maybe as a curio. Supposedly he left in tears. He was one of the greats too.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:54 am

Can you only buy this and Nobody Likes Us direct from EasyAction ? Can't find it on Amazon .

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:02 pm