Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Mar Y Sol 1972 album

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:The activities of this company have been known about for a long time and from what I understand, it is the same person who released the "Battle Axe" bootleg which Neal Smith was unhappy about. Go to http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/content.p ... tleaxe.php and scroll down to the end to see Neal's statement. Maybe pitkin88 and Toronto Bob can go and have a go at Neal for not being happy with that release. After all, anyone who doesn't like bootleggers who profit from the work of others has got to be the confronted.
The 3CD set Complete Battle Axe was released by a now defunct U.K. company, New Millennium Records in 2001. To follow up AMUK's response regarding 'Neal and Michael having patched things up since then', I've never seen any evidence myself that there was ever a breakdown in their relationship.

Ted
That was my lighthearted response Ted. I believe Neal was pissed off Michael did this without the blessing/knowledge of the band. Andy was probably there maybe he could confirm.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:35 am

pitkin88 wrote: Still crying about being outed?
The culprit speaks & seems to enjoy it as much now as before!
Who is the troll?
Not crying but outing.
Amuk has been nothing but good for this site.
A steady rudder in a sea of mis-informed opinions.
Thanks to Si for not letting what was a bad evening get out of control. :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:10 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: Still crying about being outed?
The culprit speaks & seems to enjoy it as much now as before!
Who is the troll?
Not crying but outing.
Amuk has been nothing but good for this site.
A steady rudder in a sea of mis-informed opinions.
Thanks to Si for not letting what was a bad evening get out of control. :clap:

Culprit? Show me where it says I can't post a pm here? If I remember correctly you weren't so kind to the steady rudder in that message. Anyway, it appears you are now trolling me me old shipmate. Do you have anything to say about this release? If not please set sail lad.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:16 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"So what is the source then"

From what I understand, this was made from the original tape (which was created for a proposed live album in 1972 consisting of performances from the artists which performed at that event).

>or will Shep smite you down if you dare tell?

This another example of your ignorance.

Thankfully someone had the foresight to keep the tape and store it with care. While not an official release this does not appear to be a bootleg then. Would I be correct in thinking this company pays the artists?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:03 pm

From Ted Sallis:
"The 3CD set Complete Battle Axe was released by a now defunct U.K. company, New Millennium Records in 2001."

It is the same individual as far as I'm aware.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:11 pm

From pitkin88:
>I'm beginning to think you have a secret dossier on me!!

Not at all. A lot of that you sort of admitted to already.

>I emigrated in 93 for the record.

My point still stands though. There was no contact from you after the "Raise Your Fist And Yell" tour.

>Sorry for not letting you know that was bad of me and I should have consulted you before getting married.

I didn't say you have to. That was not my point. My point was that you cut off contact, therefore you don't know anything about what's been going on with me in any way.

>I give you permission to say who the former friends are and what the reason was. I'm dying to know as I have no idea. End the speculation now or its FAKE NEWS!!

It isn't your "permission" I need but the "permission" of the person who gave me the information. I didn't say I believed what I was told.

>I know you are not the same person since 2010 then ok?

That doesn't make sense. Our first contact in that year was when you went mental in a thread here due to my reply to something you wrote (and I didn't even know then it was you who posted it).

>I have no intention of engaging you via pm ok la?

I don't have a problem with that. Is there a thread about this so that this doesn't go further off - topic than it has?

>It was not a fake name it was a real one. It just wasn't mine.

I will let everyone here marvel at that logic and the way it reflects on your credibility.

>Si is a big boy he can contact me if he wants. I actially thought Si was instructing you.

It was a warning to everyone here, I think.

>Not sure why you keep harrassing the ref to get me sent off when I haven't even commited a bookable offense. Sad really.

I enjoy the football analogies as much as everyone but at least here we have instant action - replays.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:20 pm

From pitkin88:
> While not an official release this does not appear to be a bootleg then.

It actually is. For example, I think it is being referred to as a "Radio Broadcast" so as to try and comply with European Union regulations but as far as I know, this recording was never used that way. I have already explained why this recording exists.

>Would I be correct in thinking this company pays the artists?

Not according to my information. I doubt the photographer whose work is being used on the cover isn't being paid either.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:04 pm

> While not an official release this does not appear to be a bootleg then.

It actually is. For example, I think it is being referred to as a "Radio Broadcast" so as to try and comply with European Union regulations but as far as I know, this recording was never used that way. I have already explained why this recording exists.

>Would I be correct in thinking this company pays the artists?

Not according to my information. I doubt the photographer whose work is being used on the cover isn't being paid either.

They have Toronto 69 on there too. Is that a bootleg? I don't believe that was broadcast. If this is illegal and this company seems relatively easy to find do you expect legal action?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:10 pm

>I'm beginning to think you have a secret dossier on me!!

Not at all. A lot of that you sort of admitted to already.

>I emigrated in 93 for the record.

My point still stands though. There was no contact from you after the "Raise Your Fist And Yell" tour.

>Sorry for not letting you know that was bad of me and I should have consulted you before getting married.

I didn't say you have to. That was not my point. My point was that you cut off contact, therefore you don't know anything about what's been going on with me in any way.

>I give you permission to say who the former friends are and what the reason was. I'm dying to know as I have no idea. End the speculation now or its FAKE NEWS!!

It isn't your "permission" I need but the "permission" of the person who gave me the information. I didn't say I believed what I was told.

>I know you are not the same person since 2010 then ok?

That doesn't make sense. Our first contact in that year was when you went mental in a thread here due to my reply to something you wrote (and I didn't even know then it was you who posted it).

>I have no intention of engaging you via pm ok la?

I don't have a problem with that. Is there a thread about this so that this doesn't go further off - topic than it has?

>It was not a fake name it was a real one. It just wasn't mine.

I will let everyone here marvel at that logic and the way it reflects on your credibility.

>Si is a big boy he can contact me if he wants. I actially thought Si was instructing you.

It was a warning to everyone here, I think.

>Not sure why you keep harrassing the ref to get me sent off when I haven't even commited a bookable offense. Sad really.

I enjoy the football analogies as much as everyone but at least here we have instant action - replays.

Sorry you had to spend so much time on a nothing post. Maybe you should have asked for permission before going all TMZ on me. I guee we'll have to wait for your next episode of True Detective. Anyway, it would be nice to stay on track and talk about this new release.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:59 pm

If 'relevant parties' are concerned about such albums, then why don't they act? Legal proceedings might be ineffective/cost prohibitive, but other avenues exist. STs would be an ideal platform for urging fans not to buy such records. Yet, I'm not aware anyone connected with Alice Cooper has ever posted such a request.

I've said I'll probably buy 'Mar Y Sol'. Yet, if an 'affected' party were to confirm that the label won't pay, then I won't purchase. So, over to 'them'.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:15 pm

concolz wrote:STs would be an ideal platform for urging fans not to buy such records. Yet, I'm not aware anyone connected with Alice Cooper has ever posted such a request.
That would more likely bring attention to the release in the form of free advertising, thus selling MORE copies.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:58 pm

From pitkin88:
"They have Toronto 69 on there too. Is that a bootleg?"

No but as explained at http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/content.p ... ikesus.php then yes as well.

>I don't believe that was broadcast.

Look closely at the two different recordings. One of them was.

>If this is illegal and this company seems relatively easy to find do you expect legal action?

I doubt it otherwise by now, it would have happened.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:09 pm

From pitkin88:
"Sorry you had to spend so much time on a nothing post."

Everything I've written about interaction is verified by the archives of this site.

> Anyway, it would be nice to stay on track and talk about this new release.

I think I made that suggestion already.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:16 pm

concolz:
"If 'relevant parties' are concerned about such albums, then why don't they act?"

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't - it depends.

>STs would be an ideal platform for urging fans not to buy such records.

Do you really think that would work given some of the discussions?

>I've said I'll probably buy 'Mar Y Sol'. Yet, if an 'affected' party were to confirm that the label won't pay, then I won't purchase.

It might be better if you do purchase it so that you can tell us if there is any licensing information from Warner Brothers or Atlantic Records or if there is any publishing information. I think I already know the answers to those questions but since you still need convincing, you should go ahead and purchase it and see how that squares with your claim or alternatively, you can contact Warner Brothers and ask them if they have licenced this.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Sure hope those WB re-issues DD mentioned, are coming out soon. Would really like to hear complete SO shows and MOL shows.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Concolz:
"If 'relevant parties' are concerned about such albums, then why don't they act?"

Andy:

Maybe this is a clue as to why there are only 500 copies of this being issued. Is it because a low number like this is not worth a legal response? 'Shady' Action is more like it.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Dannorama wrote:Concolz:

Andy:

Maybe this is a clue as to why there are only 500 copies of this being issued. Is it because a low number like this is not worth a legal response? 'Shady' Action is more like it.
I would suggest it's more a "take the money and run" tactic. Once they're gone they're gone, in theory... onto the next. It creates a market for quick sales.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Dannorama wrote:Concolz:

Andy:

I very much doubt that. I think that 500 physical cd copies might be about the size of a bootleg or grey area release these days. I think they will comfortably sell them. Not sure if the vinyl is 500 copies too. If they could sell more I'm sure they would.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Si wrote:
concolz wrote:STs would be an ideal platform for urging fans not to buy such records. Yet, I'm not aware anyone connected with Alice Cooper has ever posted such a request.
That would more likely bring attention to the release in the form of free advertising, thus selling MORE copies.

What are ST's?

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:06 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote:

What are ST's?
SickThings?