Advertising and ticket sales

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Advertising and ticket sales

Post by del » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:18 pm

A quick update on Glasgow. I understand that they are currently planning on the 9000 configuration with some areas at the side of the stage left clear which brings it down towards @8500. A couple of weeks ago sales were apparently "well beyond 6500" so we are heading for a very healthy attendance IMO. I'm not a fan of the Hydro but as Si says flexibility does mean it can expand to fit the audience. I would be astonished if a capacity 12,000 (max for a seated gig) turned up but 8000-9000 would be roughly the same as the Trash tour and his best ever up here. No mean achievement given lack of press, lack of hits, lack of air-play etc.

BTW, there is a long list of acts not selling out the Hydro just now, even in the smaller configurations. Sure Kiss and Maiden are sell outs but there are many more who are not. 8000-9000 would be great.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:18 pm

Subject: Advertising and ticket sales
del wrote:A quick update on Glasgow. I understand that they are currently planning on the 9000 configuration with some areas at the side of the stage left clear which brings it down towards @8500. A couple of weeks ago sales were apparently "well beyond 6500" so we are heading for a very healthy attendance IMO. I'm not a fan of the Hydro but as Si says flexibility does mean it can expand to fit the audience. I would be astonished if a capacity 12,000 (max for a seated gig) turned up but 8000-9000 would be roughly the same as the Trash tour and his best ever up here. No mean achievement given lack of press, lack of hits, lack of air-play etc.

BTW, there is a long list of acts not selling out the Hydro just now, even in the smaller configurations. Sure Kiss and Maiden are sell outs but there are many more who are not. 8000-9000 would be great.
That is good if correct.

Part of the reason for this is probably that Alice hasn't really toured the UK for the best part of 5 years (I think his last show in Glasgow was 6 years ago).
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:36 am

From guttertrash:
"Spinefarm in the UK/Europe."

Yes but that company is either owned by (or just distributed by) Universal Music International, so while your description was accurate, it wasn't complete. It was Universal Music International that did all the marketing for the album.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:44 pm

del wrote:A quick update on Glasgow. I understand that they are currently planning on the 9000 configuration with some areas at the side of the stage left clear which brings it down towards @8500. A couple of weeks ago sales were apparently "well beyond 6500" so we are heading for a very healthy attendance IMO. I'm not a fan of the Hydro but as Si says flexibility does mean it can expand to fit the audience. I would be astonished if a capacity 12,000 (max for a seated gig) turned up but 8000-9000 would be roughly the same as the Trash tour and his best ever up here. No mean achievement given lack of press, lack of hits, lack of air-play etc.

Dal, thank you very much! This was all the information I was looking for and I much appreciate it.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:44 am

And after all that grief I now see classic rock has put the tour in this months listings, alas well that ends well.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:40 pm

For Glasgow make that over 7300 now. Looking good... Just hope my source is accurate.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:29 pm

del wrote:For Glasgow make that over 7300 now. Looking good... Just hope my source is accurate.
I'm genuinely surprised that so many tickets would have gone this far in advance of the actual date. I won't dispute the figure though, you've got a source and I'm basically guessing based on prior events.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Fair challenge. Glasgow has always been a strong venue with 2000-3000 tickets going very quickly for every gig. Alice has twice upgraded the venue in the past due to early ticket sales. The last trip was an easy sell out at the 3000 Armadillo but each time at the SECC he has got a much larger audience.

Within the first week of sales this year he had passed 4,000. I can vouch for this personally as I was looking for extra tickets for a friend and the box office agent (I used the traditional face to face approach) told me the floor and level two were sold with seats only available in level 3.

Just tried to check the hydro site where you can actually see available seating. The tops tier is not for sale which leaves @85000 available. Seats shown as free seem to back up what I have been told. Hope I'm right.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:20 pm

del wrote: Just tried to check the hydro site where you can actually see available seating. The tops tier is not for sale which leaves @85000 available.
Fair way to go then ;)

(You added an extra "0" to that figure I think)

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:02 am

Oops..