Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Post by Ted Sallis » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:25 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Ted Sallis:
"In all honesty, the only way we're ever getting an AC show with no solo material is if it's an ACG show."

Of course, but I don't understand what your point is, unless you're saying he should only perform other people's songs or that he should stop performing.

>Which is the only AC show I'd pay to see.

That is your choice but in all honesty, just as there some people who prefer the band stuff, there are some who prefer the solo stuff and neither position makes any sense to me but at least that's down to personal taste. With some people intent on creating fake divisions though, those of us who like both get caught in the middle which is weird.

>Then I'll agree with AMUK that there's not much difference in quality between the two.

They are both terrible, if that helps.
When I stated that maybe if you took Trash out of history and Poison out of the setlist it would have an adverse effect, I was repeating the words of another person's post. Alice is entitled to perform whatever songs he chooses to.

You state that there some people who prefer the band stuff, there are some who prefer the solo stuff and neither position makes any sense to you, then you state that it's down to personal taste. Are you stating it doesn't make sense to you because you like both the band and solo stuff?

I haven't listened to L&W yet but after I do I'll either completely disagree or 50% agree with you.

Ted

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:00 pm

From Ted Sallis:
"Are you stating it doesn't make sense to you because you like both the band and solo stuff?"

I think so because you can hear some echoes of the original's material in the later material.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:08 pm

I am afraid the distinction between the ACG and the AC solo exists only ...here ! Anyone(except for us !) hearing about AC sees the same face and of course it helps that the Alice in make-up now ressembles so much the younger edition.. ( to look at you, déjà vu, I've seen that face before :alice: )
There is no evidence that the ACG would have made another big record imo :Battle Axe, due to various reasons, cannot be compared -imho- with the previous ACG records, including the here so often discussed MOL.
Couldn't it be that the simple fact that there was only a limited number of records by the ACG , made them iconic ? (not to forget they were good as well, of course ! )
you really wouldn't understand..

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:51 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From Ted Sallis:
"Are you stating it doesn't make sense to you because you like both the band and solo stuff?"

I think so because you can hear some echoes of the original's material in the later material.
Ah, now I understand so I see your point. I don't readily hear some echoes myself but that may be because I'm prejudiced due to generally not liking Alice's solo material. Plus I haven't heard all of his solo output so the echoes could exist on some songs I haven't heard.

Ted

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Solo Alice vs ACG has been overplayed here in the forum and I don't want to get into some epic discussion other than to say (and I will admit I slightly prefer his solo stuff as a collective whole), why does it seem like some fans think you have to like one over the other? There is plenty of great much throughout his career from the early days all the way to the present.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:25 pm

cooperrocks wrote:Solo Alice vs ACG has been overplayed here in the forum and I don't want to get into some epic discussion other than to say (and I will admit I slightly prefer his solo stuff as a collective whole), why does it seem like some fans think you have to like one over the other? There is plenty of great much throughout his career from the early days all the way to the present.
I'm a huge fan of both. In fact, I reckon my top 5 AC albums would feature at least 3 from the original group but with WTMN at the top (LITD coming a close 2nd).
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:50 pm

I'm pretty sure some here want the bands contributions to the new album to be crap just so they can say I told you so.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:04 pm

RE: The actual Topic of this thread... You might want to check out the news page. :)

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Si wrote:RE: The actual Topic of this thread... You might want to check out the news page. :)
07282017? The album's going to be released on July 28th? And it's going to sound like Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music? If only.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:42 pm

concolz wrote:
Si wrote:RE: The actual Topic of this thread... You might want to check out the news page. :)
07282017? The album's going to be released on July 28th? And it's going to sound like Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music? If only.

I like the promo.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:45 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
concolz wrote:

I like the promo.
I think I just entered the twilight zone

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:27 am

So we can assume a single and album details must drop soon? 07282017 :laugh:

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:43 am

concolz wrote:
I think it's a good tease! At least we (hopefully) now have a date. :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:55 am

Definitely excited to see what the new album is like now that a drop date has been released!
patrick wrote:I am afraid the distinction between the ACG and the AC solo exists only ...here ! Anyone(except for us !) hearing about AC sees the same face and of course it helps that the Alice in make-up now ressembles so much the younger edition.. ( to look at you, déjà vu, I've seen that face before :alice: )
There is no evidence that the ACG would have made another big record imo :Battle Axe, due to various reasons, cannot be compared -imho- with the previous ACG records, including the here so often discussed MOL.
Couldn't it be that the simple fact that there was only a limited number of records by the ACG , made them iconic ? (not to forget they were good as well, of course ! )
For me, I think the ACG and the AC solo distinction is by and large here or within some musician groups. With Alice coming to Birmingham, it has sparked a lot of talk, because most of the people I know who are musicians are not fans passed WTMN. I however do not personally know of a lot of glam rock or modern rock bands around here, and most of the people I know are not fans. I would assume that the greater majority do not know the distinction.

With that being said, I do have strong opinions, but I do not speak in terms of Alice needed to stay with the original members. I use the ACG/AC solo comparison to mark a distinction that makes sense to me about the change in direction. WTMN was a fantastic album to me, so of course, I don't think the ACG was needed to make good Alice Cooper albums. I just find the music less interesting as it started to take on the trends of each era, but every album to me has at least one or two gems except Trash. A couple songs are listenable and fun, but I don't think there is a gem. I also feel like the changes in style make the shows flow less cohesively. No matter where Poison is played, it stands out from the rest of the songs. Same for the Brutal Planet and Clones (even though, I love hearing that song). It isn't a I hate one and love the other scenario though.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:56 am

I agree generally with the consensus....I love both era's. I'm nearly 29 and without doubt the song that got me into Alice at the young age of about 3 was Poison. Without solo Alice I may not have transpired into an Alice fanatic...possibly.

Great news about a new album. With the turmoil the world is in I hope we have another Brutal Planet on our hands.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Bigbradwolf

I hope you're right. Many people here tend to dislike Brutal PLanet but It'd be pretty great to see an album that kind of stays away of classic rock n roll

PS: I love that kind of teasers!

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:24 pm

This comment was very recently posted in an ACG facebook Group:

NEW ALICE COOPER ALBUM
Only 3 songs with The Original ALICE COOPER Band

So if the above is accurate it looks like the comedy of hybrid ACG reunions continue.

Somebody posted a comment in response that Alice, MB, NS and DD actually recorded a total of 6 songs.

Ted

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:27 pm

It has always been said that they were collaborating on "some" songs that"might" be included.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:This comment was very recently posted in an ACG facebook Group:

NEW ALICE COOPER ALBUM

So if the above is accurate it looks like the comedy of hybrid ACG reunions continue.

Somebody posted a comment in response that Alice, MB, NS and DD actually recorded a total of 6 songs.

Ted
Not sure why this would be much of a surprise. I think most of us assumed that was the case. I would have been surprised if it wasn't.

Despite what some people have been saying (including some journalists), I don`t recall there ever being the suggestion it would be a full reunion album from anyone involved.
The problem was, as pointed out here before, some journalists took a couple of sentences from interviews and created the headline "Alice Cooper Reunites with original band for album", and lots of people never bothered to read beyond that.
I knew it would all end in tears the moment I saw those headlines.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:55 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:This comment was very recently posted in an ACG facebook Group:

NEW ALICE COOPER ALBUM

Ted

There were 3 on the last album. Not sure why anyone would be expecting more. Maybe the other tracks might end up as bonus cuts somewhere else.