New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Today Mueller
Trash
Trash

Re: New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Post by Today Mueller » Sat May 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Yeah, even I who have had low expectations with every Alice release for many years, think this is interesting and different.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote:There's also morse code in the video... which is the release date (Thanks Lee :) )

Can`t know how anyone doesn`t think these are cool and fun!!

Yes these are great. Probably a metal heads nightmare as they are being forced to think.
You just have to insult someone don`t you ,and again are uninformed ;)
https://www.theguardian.com/music/music ... rebrainier
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... child.html
etc
Fake news.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Sat May 06, 2017 9:24 pm

I cant work out the correct tempo but sped up 300% sounds catchy (its called faster after all). New album sounds good if thats in the ball park area

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat May 06, 2017 11:26 pm

rgallie wrote:I cant work out the correct tempo but sped up 300% sounds catchy (its called faster after all). New album sounds good if thats in the ball park area
EVEN FASTER
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun May 07, 2017 2:59 am

Wow, that sounds quite itneresting.... Me likes it ;)

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon May 08, 2017 5:52 pm

guttertrash wrote: I don't find myself listening to ACAS often, because the production keeps it from being enjoyable to me, but the majority of the songs could have been fantastic if time would have been taken to get better tones from the instruments and a better mix. I feel like it is the ultimate "what could have been" album for Alice.
There are a few good moments on the album, but the production is so bad it overshadows the music at almost every turn. "Salvation" is a very good song, but the drums sound like doo doo.

And I think the best piece of music on the album is "I Am The Spider". However, it serves as an epilogue and thus doesn't feel like a fully realized song.

In my opinion, this piece of music should have been a full song and the lead track/centerpiece to the album... and this epilogue would have served as revisiting the song as a bookend to the album. A big missed opportunity.

I actually think many of the songs on ACAS could have been better Alice Cooper songs than many of the songs on W2MN, but they were executed very badly.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon May 08, 2017 8:31 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
guttertrash wrote: I don't find myself listening to ACAS often, because the production keeps it from being enjoyable to me, but the majority of the songs could have been fantastic if time would have been taken to get better tones from the instruments and a better mix. I feel like it is the ultimate "what could have been" album for Alice.
There are a few good moments on the album, but the production is so bad it overshadows the music at almost every turn. "Salvation" is a very good song, but the drums sound like doo doo.

And I think the best piece of music on the album is "I Am The Spider". However, it serves as an epilogue and thus doesn't feel like a fully realized song.

In my opinion, this piece of music should have been a full song and the lead track/centerpiece to the album... and this epilogue would have served as revisiting the song as a bookend to the album. A big missed opportunity.

I actually think many of the songs on ACAS could have been better Alice Cooper songs than many of the songs on W2MN, but they were executed very badly.
I totally agree. Besides the bad production, it was really just missing a hit like Ghouls Gone Wild, Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever, or a duet with a popstar along the lines of What Baby Wants.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Tue May 09, 2017 6:22 am

I like the album title Paranormal. Praying for cool album art to go with it and hopefully nothing along the lines of W2MN.

My main concern with Alice working with Ezrin is they try to be funny and silly a bit too much which I feel hurts the flow of some albums like W2MN. Alice has a solid satirical edge and a little humor goes a long way but too much silliness spoils the soup.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue May 09, 2017 11:17 am

if the content matches the title it could make for a storming Hallowe'en show, sadly it's not a UK one this year though.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Tue May 09, 2017 11:31 am

darkmenace wrote:I like the album title Paranormal. Praying for cool album art to go with it and hopefully nothing along the lines of W2MN.

My main concern with Alice working with Ezrin is they try to be funny and silly a bit too much which I feel hurts the flow of some albums like W2MN. Alice has a solid satirical edge and a little humor goes a long way but too much silliness spoils the soup.

Agree. They were way too cute for me. Hopefully less funny bone and more going for the jugular on this new one.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:28 am

revinkevin wrote:
darkmenace wrote:I like the album title Paranormal. Praying for cool album art to go with it and hopefully nothing along the lines of W2MN.

Agree. They were way too cute for me. Hopefully less funny bone and more going for the jugular on this new one.
Sorry lads:

Drummer Neal Smith, guitarist Michael Bruce and bassist Dennis Dunaway helped write and will perform on three songs on Paranormal.

Cooper shared the story of how he applied his trademark warped touch to one of those tracks, “I Wanna Be a Genuine American Girl”: “It was going to be ‘I Want a Genuine American Girl’ … and I went, ‘No, no, no, ‘I Wanna Be a Genuine American Girl!’ It’s really a tough song, it’s this guy going “I gotta paint my nails, gotta do my hair

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:37 am

Someone needs to tell Alice enough with the cross dressing songs. We've had:

King Of The Silver Screen
The Prettiest Cop On The Block
The Saga Of Jesse Jane
and now another rewrite: I Wanna Be A Genuine American Girl.

God only knows what I've Fallen In Love And I Can't Get Up is going to sound like. And this was the album that was going to have a Killer vibe!!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed May 10, 2017 1:59 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Someone needs to tell Alice enough with the cross dressing songs. We've had:

The Saga Of Jesse Jane

God only knows what I've Fallen In Love And I Can't Get Up is going to sound like. And this was the album that was going to have a Killer vibe!!
Cross dressing is very chic these days, so perhaps he couldn't help himself.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:29 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Someone needs to tell Alice enough with the cross dressing songs. We've had:

The Saga Of Jesse Jane

He seems to be channeling Katlyn Jenner rather than a Poltergeist.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed May 10, 2017 4:30 pm

You can't judge a song only by his title.
Let's wait until we hear the music.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Wed May 10, 2017 4:41 pm

The Saga Of Jesse Jane

Mary Ann was also a cross dressing song.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Wed May 10, 2017 5:26 pm

It's not only about the cross dressing (I've got no problem with that at all) It's the ridiculous vibe he's giving to his work!

I can't cope with my favourite artist becoming a comedy act- a joke of himself. Humour was always involved in his lyrics... but it was implicit...

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed May 10, 2017 5:49 pm

the positive thing is that the new album hasn't got a storyline : so Alice won't feel the need to make everything fit as it was the case with ACAS, and maybe partially responsable for ACAS not fulfulling my (our) expectations..
you really wouldn't understand..

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed May 10, 2017 7:02 pm

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of Alice doing "something different." The song clip from the "RETSAF" promo has a great sound.

Interesting aside, Bob Ezrin produced Phish's last two albums. The first, Fuego was built to be an iconic Phish album (kind of like W2MN). It hits all of the checkboxes Phish fans expect, but the second Ezrin-produced album, Big Boat, is a complete departure. Apparently Bob worked very closely with them to dig down deep and step outside their comfort zones to write songs that have a lot to say about life and about the band members as people. It's a moving experience that gets better with every listen.

We don't know how many albums Alice has left in him. The last thing I want another retread of an earlier work. I'd rather have an album that stands apart from still-growing discography and makes a statement about where he is now, as an artist and as a person.

With all that said, I'm literally counting the days until July 28th. My excitement for new music from Alice will never go away, no matter how many times my expectations are not met. With time, I appreciate all of the albums for what they are.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed May 10, 2017 10:02 pm

pitkin88 wrote:

The Saga Of Jesse Jane

He seems to be channeling Katlyn Jenner rather than a Poltergeist.

He could have just re-recorded the 1981 classic as "The Prettiest Jock On The Block".