New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Post by scotty » Tue May 02, 2017 7:00 pm

well I was looking at the you tube posting of the promo and it was published by "ear music" which is a European label whose biggest client is deep purple. alice is not listed among it's artists channels. did alice just sign with them? is this ezrins label?
regarding the hope that he goes in a big direction the other way-be careful what you wish for. just look up and down alice's discography and maybe you'll see why I say that.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:57 pm

scotty wrote:well I was looking at the you tube posting of the promo and it was published by "ear music" which is a European label whose biggest client is deep purple. alice is not listed among it's artists channels. did alice just sign with them? is this ezrins label?
regarding the hope that he goes in a big direction the other way-be careful what you wish for. just look up and down alice's discography and maybe you'll see why I say that.

It's looking that way. This was brought up earlier in the thread.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 pm

concolz wrote:I'd be really interested if the promo were indicative of the general 'thrust' of the album: all-out weirdsville. No dad-rock; no 'welcome to my serial killer hell'; no Wagner sapfests found in a bottom drawer; no Scooby Doo songs...... just something radically different.

Yeah me too. I'd settle for a little twisted. The promo has the same vibe as Flatline which I think is brilliant.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed May 03, 2017 9:17 pm

'Paranormal'?

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Wed May 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Si wrote:'Paranormal'?
It sounds great. I like it.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu May 04, 2017 12:31 am

"Well I’ve got a new album coming out in July and it’s called ‘Paranormal’ and it’s Bob Ezrin and I, Bob is producing. Larry Mullen is playing drums on it from U2, that’s a whole different thing, Billy Gibbons plays on one of the songs, from ZZ Top, and then it’s really all stuff that Bob and I just decided we’re going to do an album of stuff that we like. So it goes all over the place but it’s still a guitar rock album, we decided no story-line in this one, the songs all have a story but there’s no connecting sort of string that connects the songs all together. So that’s why we called it ‘Paranormal’ it’s sort of other than normal for us."

That's the only drummer they could find? boring one dimensional Larry Mullen? lol

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 am

Larry Mullen is playing drums on it from U2
im really hoping this is a one track situation, he is not the sort of drummer i want playing with alice, remarkably boring drummer with little flair or style, let alone power or aggression.
Im up for varied as long as it doesn't feel too disparate - the album still needs cohesion even if its not a "concept"

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Thu May 04, 2017 2:29 am

Really looking forward to this!

I'm wondering whether the image of Alice at the 0:06-0:05 mark that appears very quickly in the promo will be part of the cover art for the album.

I would be excited at a Dirty Diamonds/Killer hybrid. Keep the hard rock sound for a few tracks like Woman of Mass Distraction and Run Down the Devil, yet the majority of the lyrics and sound in a garage rock, 70s vein like Killer. Of course, while still keeping it fresh and new for everyone to enjoy.

Anyone have a comparable for how you would want this one to sound?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu May 04, 2017 2:29 am

I would have preferred "Abby Normal".

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:49 am

Somwhere In Auckland wrote:
"Well I’ve got a new album coming out in July and it’s called ‘Paranormal’ and it’s Bob Ezrin and I, Bob is producing. Larry Mullen is playing drums on it from U2, that’s a whole different thing, Billy Gibbons plays on one of the songs, from ZZ Top, and then it’s really all stuff that Bob and I just decided we’re going to do an album of stuff that we like. So it goes all over the place but it’s still a guitar rock album, we decided no story-line in this one, the songs all have a story but there’s no connecting sort of string that connects the songs all together. So that’s why we called it ‘Paranormal’ it’s sort of other than normal for us."

That's the only drummer they could find? boring one dimensional Larry Mullen? lol

Alice has always been a Star F'er. This has the same excitement level as Vince Gill.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:50 am

andyrew wrote:Really looking forward to this!

I'm wondering whether the image of Alice at the 0:06-0:05 mark that appears very quickly in the promo will be part of the cover art for the album.

I would be excited at a Dirty Diamonds/Killer hybrid. Keep the hard rock sound for a few tracks like Woman of Mass Distraction and Run Down the Devil, yet the majority of the lyrics and sound in a garage rock, 70s vein like Killer. Of course, while still keeping it fresh and new for everyone to enjoy.

Anyone have a comparable for how you would want this one to sound?

Un-Metal.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Thu May 04, 2017 6:23 am

pitkin88 wrote:

Un-Metal.
This

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 04, 2017 8:09 am

You do have to wonder why Mullen when you have a Sobel on tap....unless is IS actually just one or two tracks.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu May 04, 2017 8:36 am

The way I read was as 'guest appearance' for both Mullen and gibbons. Sounds like a straight forward rock album which goes against the name and the teaser, but I guess we will find out soon enough!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu May 04, 2017 11:31 am

I'm sure Mullen is not on much of the album. we have been promised Mr. smith for quite a while now,and I also have a hard time believing glen soebel doesn't make at least a few tracks on the new album.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu May 04, 2017 11:59 am

Alice Cooper - Paranormal. That works for me...! Let's hope for some fittingly related artwork, not just another sneering photo on the cover. Also, I greatly admire Glen Sobel - he's a fantastic live player. However, Ezrin likes his studio drummers. I am glad to have another studio album coming from this team.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Thu May 04, 2017 2:36 pm

I Do hope Alice includes his current touring band on the album. They are truly great.

And I do seriously hope the Mullen situation is a one thing only. WHAT A BORING DRUMMER!

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu May 04, 2017 3:05 pm

My hope for the new album is this one is a little bit heavier, not Brutal Planet heavier but very guitar driven and fairly heavy.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Thu May 04, 2017 3:48 pm

"So it goes all over the place". That's a bit concerning for me as I thought that was the main problem with Nightmare 2. Many of my friends like the Coop but that last one had too many styles to keep them interested. Hopefully the guitar driven rock as he has stated will be the connection. Billy Gibbons is a good place to be. He definitely has a immediately recognizable rock guitar style.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Paranormal Slumbers