New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New Alice Album in 2 or 3 months

Post by revinkevin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:37 pm

I like Ghost. I think their visual gimmick is great. Musically they are more in the Blue Oyster Cult camp. As a side note I got to meet one of the faceless ghouls without the mask. They have a rotating cast but this one got outed by their finger tatoo and antique ring.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Why bother having an opinion if you know nothing about them? If you did bother to listen to them you'd know they sound nothing like him.
Well, I was referring to their image; you don't have to know anything about them to take just one look and see yet another AC rip-off.
Interesting. Could you point me to the point when Alice dressed like the pope and/or the band all wore masks? How about when Alice used the gothic church stage set? At what point where one of Alice's bands never refereed to by their real names?

While it's probably true there is an AC influence in the mix (with BOC, Kiss, Zep etc), I can`t see how you could possibly look at photos of Ghost and immediately decide they look like an Alice ripoff.
You're just talking complete rubbish.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Si wrote:You're just talking complete rubbish.
Since you stated yourself that it's probably true there is an AC influence in the mix I don't see how my statement can be viewed as complete rubbish. Hiding a face or faces behind a 'mask(s)'. Similar concept as far as I can see.

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:33 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Si wrote:You're just talking complete rubbish.
Since you stated yourself that it's probably true there is an AC influence in the mix I don't see how my statement can be viewed as complete rubbish.
Because you are basing your opinion on a few photos you've seen. I didn`t say they either looked or sounded like AC, just that it was "in the mix", as much, more or less, as it's there in everything from Guns'n'Roses to Michael Jackson.

It's the word "ripoff" that is the issue. That suggests they are significantly copying things that specifically Alice has already done, in the way you *could* argue bands like Wasp, King Diamond or Kiss have. But you admit you have no idea what they sound like, so presumably have only seen still photos. Show me a Ghost photo that proves a direct ripoff of Alice Cooper. I think you are seeing things that aren`t there.
Ted Sallis wrote: Hiding a face or faces behind a 'mask(s)'. Similar concept as far as I can see.

Ted
So that is what you are basing your "ripoff" remark on? Wearing a mask is a ripoff of Alice Cooper? Something, barring the odd special occasion, he/they never did?
Then maybe the Wombles are a ripoff of Alice too..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:53 pm

Si wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Why bother having an opinion if you know nothing about them? If you did bother to listen to them you'd know they sound nothing like him.
Well, I was referring to their image; you don't have to know anything about them to take just one look and see yet another AC rip-off.
Interesting. Could you point me to the point when Alice dressed like the pope and/or the band all wore masks? How about when Alice used the gothic church stage set? At what point where one of Alice's bands never refereed to by their real names?

While it's probably true there is an AC influence in the mix (with BOC, Kiss, Zep etc), I can`t see how you could possibly look at photos of Ghost and immediately decide they look like an Alice ripoff.

Dennis had priestly garb during the hanging.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:37 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote: Interesting. Could you point me to the point when Alice dressed like the pope and/or the band all wore masks? How about when Alice used the gothic church stage set? At what point where one of Alice's bands never refereed to by their real names?

Dennis had priestly garb during the hanging.
Damn, you're right... and he wore a mask for a couple of shows in 1968/9.... they're a COMPLETE ripoff!

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Alice and Kanye West album. Bring in some of some nickleback and justin timberlake for a few songs. Totaly in an alice way but with some of todays big stars. New direction for the coop.

Maybe alice will finaly give us a country album!

Alice cooper' gawn country. Yea here she comes!

Alice cooper the shock rock god brings you 13 new heart stoping and or cooling new tracks this time with the prince of all princes the fresh prince. With guest appearnces by barry manalow. Justin beeber. And Starboy himself The Weekend.

She prettied for you in 69 she told you about school in 72 she let us in her nightmares in 75 took us into the inside in 78 new waved us into the 80s came back to us behind a mask im 86 trashed us 89 tempted us in 94 she even invited us to the horrors of a brutal planet in the new millennium she even welcomed us back to her nightmare in 2011 but now shes really mad!! Time for the grosses of all gross the thriller of all chillers shes inviting us to join her with CHRIS GAINS@>@.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Wombles :rotfl:
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:03 pm

They're all chicken :alice:

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Ghost is a favorite of mine, and I have never thought that they were anything like AC. Their show and concept has a two-fold approach based on a satirical mockery of the Christian church with imagery that is meant to evoke the opposite of the Catholic church and point out how the church itself especially within the charismatic realm has moved towards a setting that is much more like a concert atmosphere itself, and it also gives people who are are not fans of or have been made to feel like outcasts of Christianity a place to experience they same kind of religious-like experience in many ways.

As far as the lawsuit goes, I personally felt like it was a solo project for Tobias, because he is the sole owner of the songs copyrights and has also given pretty much all the interviews dressed as either Papa or a nameless ghoul. He seems to have been the mastermind behind the concept or at least has been in charge of the evolution of the project. The anonymity of the band also gives no need to care if it is the same members as long as the integrity and quality of the shows are not lacking, and I'm sure he was understanding of this also, and he knew it could be to his advantage. He very well could have deceived his bandmates and cheated them, but it seems like it would have been easily noticeable what was going on when he established the band under his own company, especially considering that two of the members were in his previous band. I think more questions should have probably been, but I also know that people don't expect friends to screw them over like that. It just seems like he worked it out in a way that they are kind of left with little recourse really, and it sucks if he did it in a way that was dishonest, but ultimately, it's a business, and people stab friends in the back often over such things sadly.

On another note, has anybody her the new Deep Purple? Any thoughts? I ask, because it as well as the previous album are Ezrin productions, and I am not a fan of the production of either one.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:42 pm

Si wrote:Because you are basing your opinion on a few photos you've seen. I didn`t say they either looked or sounded like AC, just that it was "in the mix", as much, more or less, as it's there in everything from Guns'n'Roses to Michael Jackson.

It's the word "ripoff" that is the issue. That suggests they are significantly copying things that specifically Alice has already done, in the way you *could* argue bands like Wasp, King Diamond or Kiss have. But you admit you have no idea what they sound like, so presumably have only seen still photos. Show me a Ghost photo that proves a direct ripoff of Alice Cooper. I think you are seeing things that aren`t there.

So that is what you are basing your "ripoff" remark on? Wearing a mask is a ripoff of Alice Cooper? Something, barring the odd special occasion, he/they never did?
Okay, so maybe the word ripoff was an exaggeration. But again, the MAIN POINT of my 1st post regarding this was the similarity between the lawsuit and the situation which existed between Alice and the rest of the Original Group in the mid-70's.

Ted

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:31 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Si wrote:Because you are basing your opinion on a few photos you've seen. I didn`t say they either looked or sounded like AC, just that it was "in the mix", as much, more or less, as it's there in everything from Guns'n'Roses to Michael Jackson.

Okay, so maybe the word ripoff was an exaggeration. But again, the MAIN POINT of my 1st post regarding this was the similarity between the lawsuit and the situation which existed between Alice and the rest of the Original Group in the mid-70's.

Ted
The two situations are/were totally different. Ghost has always been a revolving door of band members from the start. AC were a band that shared writing credits. It wasn't until after MOL that things changed.

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:46 pm

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/ae-music/2 ... charleston

This article which is very new says the new album will be out in JULY!
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 pm

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:http://www.wvgazettemail.com/ae-music/2 ... charleston

SEPTEMBER it is then!!

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 am

AlongCameASpider27 wrote:http://www.wvgazettemail.com/ae-music/2 ... charleston

Until that gets pushed back to later in the year, then Feb 2018 :rotfl:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 am

Oh you cynical lot...

P.S. I thought the exact same thing lol

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Si wrote:Oh you cynical lot...

P.S. I thought the exact same thing lol
LOL...you all crack me up...sad to say it wouldn't surprise me...guess I am thinking that an album that is about to come out this summer and we don't even know its name yet, how many songs, song titles, etc...but I want all of us to be proven wrong and it does come out this summer
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:25 pm

One thing is for sure.:8): It won't be released before the 2017 tour starts! :rotfl:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:07 am

Great discussion about the original AC group and the solo stuff even if it has drifted in and out of topic about a new album and Ghost.

Without doubt the AC group's material has stood the test of time, arguably better than the solo stuff IMO.

All I will say is all good things must come to an end and I can't ever imagine the reunion ever happening, certainly in a touring sense.

The issue I have is that Alice's touring band are musically superb and on the money every night. Whilst it shouldn't make a difference it does hold more appeal with a casual fan that they are all relatively young, cool and contain a very attractive blonde guitarist. They produce a high energy performance every night and whilst Alice is no slouch he isn't getting any younger and the 'young un's' take some of that burden off Alice. You replace them with the originals and IMO you'll lose a lot of that chemistry straight away.
Whilst I respect and love the music that was written back in the 70's I would argue that they couldn't add much more musically to what the touring band currently present. (Not to say that I wouldn't pay to see the original group in a one off show).

For people to dismiss Alice's solo stuff is very naive. He's a very clever lyricist and songwriter and if all you are listening to is the original bands music then there is a lot of work (some good, some bad) being overlooked.
I am slightly concerned that what we are going to get another rock n roll album. Definitely feels a safe kind of choice and maybe Alice is thinking it is the safe route to go. I was hoping a slight change of direction. Someone mentioned a country album. That would be awesome.
I really enjoyed Brutal Planet and I'd like to think Alice has got another album of this ilk in him. Something heavy with some very clever lyrics.

As for Ghost. I'd never listened to them up until about 2 months ago when somebody mentioned at work they were going to see them. Not what I expected when I started to listen to them but listenable all the same.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:13 pm

bigbradwolf wrote: He's a very clever lyricist and songwriter and if all you are listening to is the original bands music then there is a lot of work (some good, some bad) being overlooked.
Besides all that he his singing is quite unique and very recognizable ....Although to quote John Lennon on Elected : "Paul would have done it better...."