Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RealEyes
Trash
Trash

Re: Dragontown - poor timing?

Post by RealEyes » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:22 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:RealEyes wrote:
"I agree that the material is very revealing of his new found faith."

Well, maybe so but "The Last Temptation" was also a pretty big clue.
Oh, yeah!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:57 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:RealEyes wrote:
"I agree that the material is very revealing of his new found faith."

Well, maybe so but "The Last Temptation" was also a pretty big clue.
Indeed! Also a whole lot more enjoyable. If "The Last Temptation" had come out that day, I think that it would have been much more welcome than DT. This thread has opened my eyes a bit... I may be associating my dislike for the album with its release date as opposed to the real trouble - I just didn't like it as much.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:24 pm

I like both BP and DT but I think BP edges it due mainly to the impact that it had at the time. This is firstly because it marked the end of a 6-year recording hiatus (bar 1 or 2 one-off tracks) and also because of the excellent supporting tour. The DT tour was also great but was, in fairness, partly recycled from BP.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Have always liked BP better than D....the latter just did not feel finished at the time, but some good things nonetheless.
Saw him twice on this tour (One year exactly apart) and both shows were very good.
Thought it showed class putting in "God Bless America" after "Elected" , about a month after 9/11.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:16 pm

I have barely listened to DT since its' initial release. I gave it a couple of weeks of straight listening but just wasn't feeling it. I wasn't head over heels for BP but grew to appreciate more as time went by. I could not say the same for DT. Thought the production was pretty crummy also. Looking back at the track list, I'm surprised I actually think there's 4 decent (not great) tracks on the album. Triggerman/Dragontown/Sex, Death & Money/Disgraceland. Not poor timing for me - just a lacklustre effort imo.

BP started the decent of my enthusiasm for new AC albums, DT did nothing to stop the fall, and like a staircase descending, each subsequent album seems to have gotten more and more boring, to the point that I haven't purchased that Hollywood Vampire album and have no plans o purchasing the next album whatever it is.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:23 am

Toronto Bob wrote:I have barely listened to DT since its' initial release. I gave it a couple of weeks of straight listening but just wasn't feeling it. I wasn't head over heels for BP but grew to appreciate more as time went by. I could not say the same for DT. Thought the production was pretty crummy also. Looking back at the track list, I'm surprised I actually think there's 4 decent (not great) tracks on the album. Triggerman/Dragontown/Sex, Death & Money/Disgraceland. Not poor timing for me - just a lacklustre effort imo.

BP started the decent of my enthusiasm for new AC albums, DT did nothing to stop the fall, and like a staircase descending, each subsequent album seems to have gotten more and more boring, to the point that I haven't purchased that Hollywood Vampire album and have no plans o purchasing the next album whatever it is.
Oh well, your loss - HV is a decent release that I have no problem with listening to all of the way through. I think I saw a quote of "The Most ExpensIve Bar Band In The World!", I think it fits. The originals are top flight also! :rock: Not exactly what we expect from AC but after spending the $$ along the way it isn't a bad addition.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:41 am

I agree, I have lost. I miss new Alice albums to devour, I miss that a fair bit.

RealEyes
Trash
Trash

Post by RealEyes » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:04 am

There comes a point with any fan where they jump ship when they feel their favourite artist has lost their way. The consequence of that, of course, is that those fans are unaware of when that artist finds their way again. For me, Alice returned to form with Welcome 2 My Nightmare. As for The Hollywood Vampires, though, I'm really not interested in that project. I don't particularly care for the musicians involved (I can really do without watching Johnny Depp pretending to be a rockstar) - the original Hollywood Vampires (that infamous drinking club to which Alice belonged) was much more rock and roll than these posers.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Triggerman is a great opener then its pretty much blurgh

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Can we get the thoughts of Shoey on Deeper? I know he is a big fan of this song. :evil:
Oh jeez.

worst Song EVER!!! :hang:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:43 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
kevinuk81 wrote:Can we get the thoughts of Shoey on Deeper? I know he is a big fan of this song. :evil:
Oh jeez.

worst Song EVER!!! :hang:

I am in total agreement.