LA Forum "75"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

LA Forum "75"

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:11 am

Probably been discussed before, but is there any video / film of this show.? The sound quality seems so superior to the Wembly show which was recorded

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: LA Forum "75"

Post by Si » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:31 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:Probably been discussed before, but is there any video / film of this show.? The sound quality seems so superior to the Wembly show which was recorded
Not that I'm aware of

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:05 am

Thanks mate, shame

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Si wrote:
jacknifejohnny wrote:Probably been discussed before, but is there any video / film of this show.? The sound quality seems so superior to the Wembly show which was recorded
Not that I'm aware of

This brings up a question ive been wanting to ask for a while. Their are many bootleg concerts that people sell and title the same shows differently and all of that. This being an fan site. I was wondering if anyone has put together a high qualitly list of at least one show from all of his/their tours that are bootleg. If so is their a torrent to dl them? Example. This show in particular along with other shows that we dont get officaly. Like raise ur fist and yell or a full show of king of the silver screen. Things like that. Kinda a definitive biotleg recording of the best show from each of the tours?

I would assume if people can sell bootlegs and make money from them a record company wouldnt care less about a torrent of bootlegs. Well picky suit pricks might but oh well just a question lol

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Keith1980 wrote:
Si wrote:
Not that I'm aware of

This brings up a question ive been wanting to ask for a while. Their are many bootleg concerts that people sell and title the same shows differently and all of that. This being an fan site. I was wondering if anyone has put together a high qualitly list of at least one show from all of his/their tours that are bootleg. If so is their a torrent to dl them? Example. This show in particular along with other shows that we dont get officaly. Like raise ur fist and yell or a full show of king of the silver screen. Things like that. Kinda a definitive biotleg recording of the best show from each of the tours?

I would assume if people can sell bootlegs and make money from them a record company wouldnt care less about a torrent of bootlegs. Well picky suit pricks might but oh well just a question lol

Why not just buy all the bootlegs in existence and report back to us with your findings? I'm sure Si will let you advertise a torrent when you have finished it.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:36 pm

Keith1980 wrote:
Si wrote:
Not that I'm aware of

I would assume if people can sell bootlegs and make money from them a record company wouldnt care less about a torrent of bootlegs. Well picky suits might but oh well just a question lol
1. Such bootlegs are illegal.
2. I would imagine should I do such a thing I would get an email asking me to to stop within minutes.. because it is illegal.
3. It really isn`t hard to find things if you look around. Some bootlegs are even now for sale on Amazon including the LA 75 show.

ps there really aren`t any COMPLETE good recordings from the KotSS tour around that I know of. There's Saginaw which is incomplete but excellent, and a few very poor complete shows, but not a complete good recording unfortunately. Wish there was a complete Saginaw in existence. The best version (edited from various broadcasts) is about 80% of the show I think.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Yeah, I put together the most complete version and torrented on Dime - I think it was my first torrent ever. Have yet to come across an upgrade to that. Here are my original notes

Alice Cooper

The Band:
Steve Hunter - Guitar
Jefferson Kewley - Guitar
Dee Murray - Bass
Fred Mandel - Keyboards
Dennis Conway - Drums

Wendler Arena, Saginaw, Michigan
May 10, 1978

Quality: Excellent FM Broadcast

01) Under My Wheels
02) Billion Dollar Babies
03) I'm Eighteen
04) Is It My Body
05) Devil's Food/The Black Widow
06) You & Me
07) Only Women Bleed
08) Unfinished Sweet
09) Escape
10) I Love the Dead
11) Go to Hell/Wish You Were Here
12) I Never Cry
13) It's Hot Tonight
14) Lace & Whiskey
15) School's Out

Total Time: 61:05

Three different sources were used to make this show as complete as possible.
The original silver boot "No More Teacher's Dirty Looks" makes up most of the list, the rest is from a cdr that
I received in a trade and a vinyl boot called "Babies in School". The sound on the cd and cdr are pretty much equal,
maybe a slight edge to the cdr. The quality on the vinyl isn't quite as good but it is still from a radio broadcast.

Here is the break down.

UMW taken from the cdr due to it having the entire song. NMTDL used a fade in, missing about 1 minute of the intro.
B$B, 18, IIMB taken from NMTDL
DF/TBW taken from the cdr. These two tracks are not included on NMTDL.
Y&M, OWB, US, Escape, ILTD, GTH/WYWH, INC, IHT taken from NMTDL. I made a small edit at the end of Only Women going into
Unfinished Sweet to cover up a poor edit on the original disc. It's still noticable but less so.
L&W taken from the vinyl boot Babies in School. Sound quality dips a bit but this track wasn't on either disc so I put it where it would come in the original
concert.
SO taken from NMTDL.

Missing from this collection are Sick Things, which would of been played after I'm Eighteen and King of the Silver Screen which came before School's Out.
This show has been bootlegged a number of times and I have never seen the entire show. Too bad as a live version of KOTSS has yet to appear on any
bootleg with this kind of quality.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:29 am

Toronto Bob wrote:Yeah, I put together the most complete version and torrented on Dime - I think it was my first torrent ever. Have yet to come across an upgrade to that. Here are my original notes

Alice Cooper

The Band:
Steve Hunter - Guitar
Jefferson Kewley - Guitar
Dee Murray - Bass
Fred Mandel - Keyboards
Dennis Conway - Drums
It's Davey Johnstone, not Steve Hunter. Check out Alice introducing the band during School's Out!
(Thanks to Karen Hunter for spotting the issue!)

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Yeah I made a boo boo there. Likely just using the credits on the bootleg, more interested in the compiling of all the material to get the most complete version. All one has to do is listen to the introductions during the solos and get the right line up or listen to the music. Johnstone's style and tone is quite different from Hunter's.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Thanks Toronto Bob... I was so happy when that turned up on Dime. That version was almost the same(except for Unfinished Sweet which was a great surprise)as what I knew as what broadcasted on the air. I remember when I first heard that on the radio I put my portable cassette recorder next to the radio speaker.

I always was disappointed because for years I could only seem to find versions without Devils Food/Black Widow which along with that version of School's Out were my favorite tracks of the concert.

Back to the Welcome to my Nightmare tour/movie...I'll never forget my friend & I trying to piece together what the movie would be like because we had heard there was a movie. This was probably around 1978 & then it happened...Welcome to My Nightmare movie was playing at midnight at a local theater. We thought it was an actual movie but of course it was the concert film which we loved especially the guitar duel during Devil's Food. As I've said here I love Hunter & Wagner on the Alice Cooper Show version of I'm 18 so this duel on Devil's Food was incredible.

How did the Nightmare band get over with the crowd on the tour? Was it known/publicized that it was a new band? Just curious...back then around 77/78 when I first got into Alice Cooper I didn't know about the original band until soon after I started buying the early albums & found a used book store where they sold old circus & creem magazines for 50 cents

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:04 pm

I was at The Liverpool Empire and the band of course went down very well.I am guessing only the hardcore knew it was not the old band. I was sad but it was amzing to see Alice for the first time. The whole show just blew people away. I think it was one of the first shows that had cordless microphones. I believe there were some issues and Alice had to be paased mics on stage. The thing that got the most applause and talk afterwards was Alice running into the screen and smashing the gravestone. The video of the London show did not do it justice.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:04 pm

Odd how the directors for GTSYAAC, WTMN, and TSCOAC just didn't believe in establishing shots.

I'm envious of you pitkin - getting to see the wtmn tour - I never saw him until Constrictor. Had tickets to a FtF show but Alice was a no-show

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 pm

From rtbuck:
Was it known/publicized that it was a new band?

It was announced in a lot of the articles announcing the tour as well as in a lot of the advertising.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:Odd how the directors for GTSYAAC, WTMN, and TSCOAC just didn't believe in establishing shots.

I'm envious of you pitkin - getting to see the wtmn tour - I never saw him until Constrictor. Had tickets to a FtF show but Alice was a no-show

Fourth row!! Then came the long wait until the Special Forces tour.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:34 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:Odd how the directors for GTSYAAC, WTMN, and TSCOAC just didn't believe in establishing shots.

Fourth row!! Then came the long wait until the Special Forces tour.
Wow 4th row! That must've been incredible especially for a first show! I just threw on the DVD! I was 5th row for Special Forces which was great.Where I seen the SF tour it was a revolving stage

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:16 am

Went to both The Wembley, shows, absolutely mind boggling. Got a 2 second spot on the video whoooohoooo. As Pitkin said, the video/DVD didn't do that screen justice. ......but I was so disappointed before hand to know I wasn't going to see the original band,

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:48 pm

I remember the WTNM tour coming to Copenhagen in '75.
I was 12 years old. The tickets were DKK 60, about 7 quid. My mom said she would buy me the ticket but I couldn't find anyone who could/wanted to join and I did not dare go alone.
At that time, I was not aware that it was Alice Solo, the advert showed a LITD makeupped Alice. Still regret I did not go...
It was more than 20 years before Alice returned to Denmark. I went to England, Manchester for 2 of 3 shows on the Nightmare Returns tour to see him for the first time.
Great stuff.
The original band were in Copenhagen in '71 and '72.
I was born a few years too late.....
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:47 am

The tickets for the Liverpool show were two pounds and fifty pence which was about the same amount you could buy an album for at the time. They were available by cheque only I think. My family did not have a checking account nor any of my friends. I had to go to an uncle with cash and he wrote the cheque for me. I got four for myself and friends. I had no idea where I would be seated until the tickets came in the mail. I'm pretty sure the cheque was in the mail within a day or so of the show being announced.

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

2.50 in London too, yeah, the good old days where you got what you we're given. Was halfway back at Wembley, but there was a mad push and dash for the front when the encore started, was glad to say, me and me mate made the front few rows, incredible time