New tour

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

New tour

Post by dadascot » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:08 pm

I know there is already a discussion on the other part of the site about the new dates but I'd like to see what everyone is hoping for in the new shows. It looks as if it may be to support the new album. I know I'm in the minority that liked the covers section but I would prefer to see it dropped and replaced with a section of rarities or rarely played live songs. This would be after the bulk of the concert and a thank you to the die hard fans that have stuck through thick and thin. My choices would include 'I am the future ' 'pass the gun around' 'scarlet and sheba' 'model citizen' 'sideshow ' and 'never been sold before' I would also like to see at least four tracks from the new album.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: New tour

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:47 pm

I'd like to see the covers section dropped and replaced with original material. An opinion that doesn't surprise anyone. Apart from Model Citizen your choices for rarities are excellent. I would be extremely satisfied and stoked to see something else than Lost in America played from The Last Temptation album. It will probably be more realistic to expect that happening than see any song performed from the early 80's.

I hope that Alice will play Pick Up The Bones again. It has always been my favorite song on Brutal Planet and I didn't get to witness that tour personally. I wonder how Black Juju would work live and personally would love to hear Wish You Were Here, Zombie Dance and of course material from an upcoming album.

On the side note: I am extremely excited to hear what Nita Strauss will contribute to the upcoming album in terms of both guitar playing and songwriting. She is a magnificent guitarist, no doubt about it!

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:09 pm

I'd be happy to have five new tracks played off the new album like he did with the Brutal Planet/Dragontown/Eyes/Diamonds tours. Wouldn't it be ironic if he does decide to honour the fans and play some of the most soughtly after favourites at a time when none of the fans who go year in year out can't get the near to the stage because of the VIP tickets having priority.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:02 pm

When is the new album out? If it is the earlier part of the year, you will have an idea of the setlist when Alice starts in April, otherwise it may change as the year goes on.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:07 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:When is the new album out? If it is the earlier part of the year, you will have an idea of the setlist when Alice starts in April, otherwise it may change as the year goes on.
The press release said it will coincide with the UK dates, but that might not mean anything in the end.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Si wrote:The press release said it will coincide with the UK dates, but that might not mean anything in the end.
Which could make the earlier dates of the year, the same setlist as for the last couple of years.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:13 pm

The April/May US dates and the August Euro festivals are billed on AC.com as 'Spend The Night with Alice Cooper'. Hopefully the fact that the UK dates are listed differently as 'Alice Cooper With Special Guests The Mission and The Tubes' indicates a new tour (or wishful thinking?!).

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:56 am

I suppose it is also going to depend in the gap between the festival shows and the new tour. If there is enough time to plan and rehearse a new show as well as promote a new album. We can but dream!

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:59 am

can't make a comment as to whether i'd want new album stuff obviously, as i've not heard it. if it's like ACAS i wouldn't want anything played; if it's like W2MN i'd want a lot.
i don't want any covers, i begrudge even theBrick in the Wall bit interrupting SO. a good theatrical show, preferably on Hallowe'en; that's all i'm hoping for so far.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\