Special 2 forces !!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Special 2 forces !!

Post by Keith1980 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:14 am

Im watching a black and white pro shot boot leg of special forces tour from capital theater. And i would love to see a clean alice do this and a follow up to it. His attitude in this show is soooo awesome.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Special 2 forces !!

Post by mestreech » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:58 am

Hi, I'm just watching this also.
Is this available in color? And if so why was this never released?
I know this version of the Vault is not really official but why only in black and white?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:19 am

I think I have seen. Was it an in house recording? Maybe someone could pm me a link.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:23 am

It's in b&w because the in house video cameras were b&w cameras. They seemed to change to colour in the last half of '82

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Well with technologie of today they could make it colour now and maybe clean it up a bit if someone had the money. This was a great show. Wonder how many other house recordings their are that havent been released or found yet. Silver screen tour would be cool to see or flush the fasion

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:05 pm

The resolution of the video would make the colorization of that SF video a horrible mess imo.
A far as other in house recordings of Alice go, it looks like he didn't play the other venues known for having the in house set up (Capital Centre in Largo, Summit in Houston). He did play Largo in December of '73 but the earliest recordings from that venue seem to start in 1975.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:20 pm

This would be awesome as an official release especially if they had a decent version of the Paris Special Forces film for a bonus feature(I've only seen poor quality versions of it. I don't know how many other people other than longtime Cooper fans would have any interest in this so I don't know if it would generate any money. I would love it!!! I really like this era as it was my first time seeing him live (although that look definitely threw me off at first but I really did like the Who Do You think We Are song even though I never heard it at the time)

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:44 am

Toronto Bob wrote:The resolution of the video would make the colorization of that SF video a horrible mess imo.
A far as other in house recordings of Alice go, it looks like he didn't play the other venues known for having the in house set up (Capital Centre in Largo, Summit in Houston). He did play Largo in December of '73 but the earliest recordings from that venue seem to start in 1975.
He played "Painters Mill" in the Round just outside of Baltimore, MD for Special Forces & contracts limit the performances within a certain area. Largo is about 20 - 30 miles away.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...