Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 pm
Posts: 953
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
Not sure how many people are aware, but there's a very limited UK Tour Edition being released shortly. 1 variant is limited to 18 copies and the other just 5 (to match the number of UK shows).

Both will come with goodies much like the special versions of the original release.


First I've heard of it. Searching didn`t come up with anything either.


To my knowledge, it's only been offered on the 'Live From The Astroturf' Facebook page. They also aren't particularly cheap but will be a good collectible for die-hard fans of the release.










_________________
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:47 am
Posts: 3243
Location: London
wind_up_toy wrote:
Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
Not sure how many people are aware, but there's a very limited UK Tour Edition being released shortly. 1 variant is limited to 18 copies and the other just 5 (to match the number of UK shows).

Both will come with goodies much like the special versions of the original release.


First I've heard of it. Searching didn`t come up with anything either.


To my knowledge, it's only been offered on the 'Live From The Astroturf' Facebook page. They also aren't particularly cheap but will be a good collectible for die-hard fans of the release.


Thanks. Gotta love facebook not showing you important things, but making sure every cat video is front and center.... So sick of facebook.

Not going for these. Already spent silly money to get the original issues, one of which was pink/white as the "5" edition is. Not sure being autographed by the photographer is much of a draw... I can`t see a price anywhere but "not cheap" is enough to deter me from buying more copies.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:44 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 pm
Posts: 953
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
I did know you weren't a bookFace fan :)

Yes, these will no doubt be very nice (and very rare) but certainly the original Pink / White and Good Records versions will remain the jewels in the crown. Chris sounds commited to a release of the entire set, which will also be very special.










_________________
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:47 am
Posts: 3243
Location: London
wind_up_toy wrote:
I did know you weren't a bookFace fan :)

Yes, these will no doubt be very nice (and very rare) but certainly the original Pink / White and Good Records versions will remain the jewels in the crown. Chris sounds commited to a release of the entire set, which will also be very special.


It would be good to have the whole show officially, but my understanding is that work would have to be done on the recordings before the band would be happy with it being released complete. The two songs that WERE released were chosen mainly because they didn't need any "cleaning up".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:14 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 pm
Posts: 953
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
I did know you weren't a bookFace fan :)

Yes, these will no doubt be very nice (and very rare) but certainly the original Pink / White and Good Records versions will remain the jewels in the crown. Chris sounds commited to a release of the entire set, which will also be very special.


It would be good to have the whole show officially, but my understanding is that work would have to be done on the recordings before the band would be happy with it being released complete. The two songs that WERE released were chosen mainly because they didn't need any "cleaning up".


Yup, Chris has stated that he may need to fundraise the full release in order to complete the necessary editing.










_________________
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:10 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:36 pm
Posts: 1183
Location: holland
wind_up_toy wrote:
Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
I did know you weren't a bookFace fan :)

Yes, these will no doubt be very nice (and very rare) but certainly the original Pink / White and Good Records versions will remain the jewels in the crown. Chris sounds commited to a release of the entire set, which will also be very special.


It would be good to have the whole show officially, but my understanding is that work would have to be done on the recordings before the band would be happy with it being released complete. The two songs that WERE released were chosen mainly because they didn't need any "cleaning up".


Yup, Chris has stated that he may need to fundraise the full release in order to complete the necessary editing.


No Problem Count me in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:15 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 pm
Posts: 953
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Make sure you get on that page and make your feelings clear ;)










_________________
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:36 pm
Posts: 1183
Location: holland
I'm already on the fb page, great page.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 pm
Posts: 953
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Good man :)










_________________
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 pm
Posts: 953
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
My UK Tour Edition arrived the other day (1 of the 18, on black vinyl). It's actually really cool as it comes with a lot of stuff (including a piece of pink Astroturf like the original stage).










_________________
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group



SickthingsUK is not associated with Alice Cooper, Alive Enterprises, Universal Records or any official entity.
This is an unofficial fan site.
I am NOT Alice Cooper, Toby Mamis OR Shep Gordon. Honest!
The SickthingsUK News Page and Site are copyright © 1997-2016; all rights reserved. Any duplication or reproduction of items on this page without permission is prohibited unless you provide a link please. Credits and acknowledgements are noted where known. No copyright infringement is intended.
I accept all news stories related to Alice Cooper; click here to contact me.
SickthingsUK is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk