Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: SickThings, Devon, Si, Gorehound, Shoesalesman

User avatar
Si
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by Si » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:10 am

Unfortunately not much they can do about it. It was inevitable. Unless Chris can work out who it is and stop their delivery, they can charge whatever they want.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:37 pm

This seller has done this before.

User avatar
Si
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by Si » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:21 pm

FYI: It appears some independent record shops in the UK ARE getting copies of this single in. I have been informed that at least one UK shop is definitely expecting copies, so there are likely others.

So check out your local record shop (if you have one left) and *ASK*. You may be lucky. I'm assuming as some will come to the UK, there is always a chance there may be some in other European countries as well.

Good luck to everyone who wants a copy.

User avatar
kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?
Posts: 50601
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: Kingshurst
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:38 pm

I have asked a local record shop, they are on the list that was somewhere in this thread, but he says not sure if he will have any in.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase
Posts: 3337
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:49 pm

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by damiennalice » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:28 pm

I visited my local record shop. I asked if they were getting copies. Yes,3 (cool). I asked if I could have a peek at them. He said no (bummer). I asked which variation they had. He wouldn't disclose (bummer). I asked a price. $14.99. I asked if their other local location had any. Yes. One other has 2. Let's hope for a good Friday morning.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:45 am

Oddly enough some people on Bob GDMN's FB page are saying they have already ordered theirs. One guy said " Mine's on the way ". Not sure how this is possible if it is a BF Record Store only release.

To be honest $14.99 for a new 45 is a rip off IMHO.

User avatar
Si
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by Si » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:02 am

pitkin88 wrote:Oddly enough some people on Bob GDMN's FB page are saying they have already ordered theirs. One guy said " Mine's on the way ". Not sure how this is possible if it is a BF Record Store only release.
It's possible because Chris Penn (who is releasing this record) kindly offered to try and supply copies to fans directly (esp. overseas fans who can`t otherwise get it) if they emailed him, as mentioned earlier in this thread... By YOU!
He's been confirming to people via email if he has copies for them, hence some people know they have one "on the way".

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:53 am

Si wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Oddly enough some people on Bob GDMN's FB page are saying they have already ordered theirs. One guy said " Mine's on the way ". Not sure how this is possible if it is a BF Record Store only release.
It's possible because Chris Penn (who is releasing this record) kindly offered to try and supply copies to fans directly (esp. overseas fans who can`t otherwise get it) if they emailed him, as mentioned earlier in this thread... By YOU!
He's been confirming to people via email if he has copies for them, hence some people know they have one "on the way".

That's not what I said. I was told that you could try e-mailing him but never said there was any guarantee. I appreciate the update.

User avatar
Si
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by Si » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:27 am

pitkin88 wrote: That's not what I said. I was told that you could try e-mailing him but never said there was any guarantee. I appreciate the update.
True, and I don`t think there were any guarantees offered as Chris only had a limited number he could supply due to commitments to the shops, but that is why some people know they have one on the way :)

User avatar
While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Yeah Chris has kindly confirmed that one is on it's way for me. There's no way i'll be flipping this one on eBay!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:18 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Yeah Chris has kindly confirmed that one is on it's way for me. There's no way i'll be flipping this one on eBay!
What is the total cost with shipping to the UK?

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:50 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Yeah Chris has kindly confirmed that one is on it's way for me. There's no way i'll be flipping this one on eBay!
What is the total cost with shipping to the UK?
$40 or a little over £30 (before any import charges, if applicable).
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

User avatar
kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?
Posts: 50601
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: Kingshurst
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:00 pm

How many other songs were played in this setlist and what were they?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 3485
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:25 am
Location: calif

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:13 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Yeah Chris has kindly confirmed that one is on it's way for me. There's no way i'll be flipping this one on eBay!
What is the total cost with shipping to the UK?
$40 or a little over £30 (before any import charges, if applicable).

That is a lot of money for a NEW 45!! The shipping and handling is more than the cost of the record. The pound being so low is not helping either.

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:43 am

It is a lot, and the exchange rate isn't helping, but it's a choice at the end of the day. There was an opportunity to buy a few other things and save on postage.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

rtbuck
Killer
Killer
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by rtbuck » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Wow I got lucky!I'm in Buffalo, NY & my record store opened at 9am. There were about 30 people in front of me waiting to get in. Lucky for me just about everyone flocked to the albums & ep's so I waltzed to the singles. There was only 1 copy there so I grabbed it quick & heard at least 6 people ask if anyone seen the Cooper single. I kept quiet & picked up the Tull single & put it in front of it. I also picked up Ramones live at the Roxy 1976 album.

Anyway...I got home & pink & white vinyl edition with the autographed booklet! It's cool too because it comes with one of those old plastic 45 spindle inserts & it says Alice Cooper Love it to Death on it. Goodluck everyone

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:16 pm

rtbuck wrote:Wow I got lucky!I'm in Buffalo, NY & my record store opened at 9am. There were about 30 people in front of me waiting to get in. Lucky for me just about everyone flocked to the albums & ep's so I waltzed to the singles. There was only 1 copy there so I grabbed it quick & heard at least 6 people ask if anyone seen the Cooper single. I kept quiet & picked up the Tull single & put it in front of it. I also picked up Ramones live at the Roxy 1976 album.

Anyway...I got home & pink & white vinyl edition with the autographed booklet! It's cool too because it comes with one of those old plastic 45 spindle inserts & it says Alice Cooper Love it to Death on it. Goodluck everyone
Excellent score dude, that's definitely a keeper and it'll be interesting to see what they go for on eBay if anyone decides to cash in.

I've got the standard pink one on the way, happy with that but the one you have is definitely 'The Daddy' :-)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

rtbuck
Killer
Killer
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by rtbuck » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:31 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Excellent score dude, that's definitely a keeper and it'll be interesting to see what they go for on eBay if anyone decides to cash in.

I've got the standard pink one on the way, happy with that but the one you have is definitely 'The Daddy' :-)

Thanks! Yeah...that's the one thing that sucks with limited releases like that...when someone buys one & immediately puts it up on ebay meanwhile a bigtime fan misses out on it. I just went by chance & really didn't expect to find it. If I could have ordered it online I would have rather done that(I'm glad I did go though!). As I said though my store only got one copy in & at least 6 other people at that time were upset not finding it.

User avatar
wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1004
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK
Contact:

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:39 pm

rtbuck wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
Excellent score dude, that's definitely a keeper and it'll be interesting to see what they go for on eBay if anyone decides to cash in.

I've got the standard pink one on the way, happy with that but the one you have is definitely 'The Daddy' :-)

Thanks! Yeah...that's the one thing that sucks with limited releases like that...when someone buys one & immediately puts it up on ebay meanwhile a bigtime fan misses out on it. I just went by chance & really didn't expect to find it. If I could have ordered it online I would have rather done that(I'm glad I did go though!). As I said though my store only got one copy in & at least 6 other people at that time were upset not finding it.
The concept is great, but generally these things are a lottery with some winners (like your good self) and a lot more losers (the other 6 people you mentioned). If you're a loser, then it's a case of having to dig deep to buy one off the profiteering so-and-so's that get them only to line their own pockets.

Still, as it's Thanskgiving time, I'm thankful to Chris for helping a lot of fans get hold of one and I'm also thankful that a proper fan has scored one of the super rare ones. Bravo :-)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

rtbuck
Killer
Killer
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by rtbuck » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:56 pm

I thought it was an autographed booklet because it was sealed in pink plastic but I decided to cut it open to see the booklet & they're 6 individual post cards including Glenn & one is an ad for the Dennis book. Alice, Dennis, Michael, & Neal's are all signed in silver.

You know though I was thinking. I'm sure some people will put it up on ebay but will not open it first(not knowing that it could be a signed copy).

All I know is that I'm happy & have no plans of ever selling it

Post Reply