Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Original ACG to release new 7inch single

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:09 pm

I'll be watching eBay with interest (but not bidding on anything).

It looks like all the records come sealed as standard, but if you have the pink and white one then you know it will have the signed cards.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:02 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:I'll be watching eBay with interest (but not bidding on anything).
I just checked ebay and counted 23 currently for sale with the highest priced one being $87.68.

Ted

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:37 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:I'll be watching eBay with interest (but not bidding on anything).
I just checked ebay and counted 23 currently for sale with the highest priced one being $87.68.

Ted
Some of them also appear to be selling more than 1 copy, what a shame.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:42 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:Some of them also appear to be selling more than 1 copy, what a shame.
Ah, I didn't notice that.

Ted

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:Some of them also appear to be selling more than 1 copy, what a shame.
Ah, I didn't notice that.

Ted
One of them had 4 copies :(

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:41 am

There should be a second run maybe a month or two after the first which might stem these twats, 2500 worldwide is a bit low.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:48 am

Wow,
I was upset years ago when I forked out $6 for a used Chuck Berry on Chess!! At that time it was't trading high but looked it up, I can get maybe 10 times or more for it now! Good catch! Vinyl definitely has a better resale value than digital. :clap:
Still, hope a digital download may be in the works.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:09 pm

rtbuck wrote:Wow I got lucky!I'm in Buffalo, NY & my record store opened at 9am. There were about 30 people in front of me waiting to get in. Lucky for me just about everyone flocked to the albums & ep's so I waltzed to the singles. There was only 1 copy there so I grabbed it quick & heard at least 6 people ask if anyone seen the Cooper single. I kept quiet & picked up the Tull single & put it in front of it. I also picked up Ramones live at the Roxy 1976 album.

Anyway...I got home & pink & white vinyl edition with the autographed booklet! It's cool too because it comes with one of those old plastic 45 spindle inserts & it says Alice Cooper Love it to Death on it. Goodluck everyone
How about some pix?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Dannorama wrote:
rtbuck wrote:Wow I got lucky!I'm in Buffalo, NY & my record store opened at 9am. There were about 30 people in front of me waiting to get in. Lucky for me just about everyone flocked to the albums & ep's so I waltzed to the singles. There was only 1 copy there so I grabbed it quick & heard at least 6 people ask if anyone seen the Cooper single. I kept quiet & picked up the Tull single & put it in front of it. I also picked up Ramones live at the Roxy 1976 album.

Anyway...I got home & pink & white vinyl edition with the autographed booklet! It's cool too because it comes with one of those old plastic 45 spindle inserts & it says Alice Cooper Love it to Death on it. Goodluck everyone
How about some pix?
I wasn't able to on this forum but I did on the Sickthings uk Facebook page.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:36 pm

pitkin88 wrote:There should be a second run maybe a month or two after the first which might stem these twats, 2500 worldwide is a bit low.
That's what I keep saying. They should set up a pre-order & limit it to one or maybe 2 per order... that way real fans can get one. As I said earlier I was very lucky to get mine but the other 6 or more at that store looking for it went home empty handed. Actually, when I seen the line of 30 people waiting to get in I first told my wife to forget about it because I walk with a cane anyway & didn't want to risk a rush to the records...but I'm so glad I changed my mind.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:09 pm

rtbuck wrote:I wasn't able to on this forum but I did on the Sickthings uk Facebook page.
Nice! looks like fun stuff.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:35 pm

rtbuck wrote:
Dannorama wrote:
rtbuck wrote:...I got home & pink & white vinyl edition with the autographed booklet! It's cool too because it comes with one of those old plastic 45 spindle inserts & it says Alice Cooper Love it to Death on it. Goodluck everyone
How about some pix?
I wasn't able to on this forum but I did on the Sickthings uk Facebook page.
I believe I found the post with your pics on fb. Nice!

Ted

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:10 am

I note that this single is showing in the UK Record Store Day website:

http://recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-r ... ce-cooper/

Not sure if this is just generic information but it would be good if it was correct.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:35 pm

I phoned round the glasgow stores and no one had received any? Did anyone in Scotland get a copy?

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:28 am

Just received my copy, very nice indeed!

LordOfAmourFantastiq
Killer
Killer

Post by LordOfAmourFantastiq » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:39 pm

Thanks to pitkin88 here and to Chris at Good Records, I could have some here in France! The 7” are stunning, all the parts and aspects of this release are so high-quality made!

The white vinyl might be my favorite amongst black, white and pink, it’s so classy!

Congrats to rtbuck! I liked reading your story of your RSD and what a great conclusion, you got THE ONE!

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:44 am

LordOfAmourFantastiq wrote:Thanks to pitkin88 here and to Chris at Good Records, I could have some here in France! The 7” are stunning, all the parts and aspects of this release are so high-quality made!

The white vinyl might be my favorite amongst black, white and pink, it’s so classy!

Congrats to rtbuck! I liked reading your story of your RSD and what a great conclusion, you got THE ONE!
Thanks Lord!(I just seen your post now) I do have a question though for anyone else who happened to get the single...

I haven't played mine yet (I've been debating on playing it once to put it on my computer so I can listen to it as often as I want)but I was wondering if anyone listened to it... I'm curious how it sounds on the vinyl. If they put a download on iTunes I would definitely buy it

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:16 am

rtbuck wrote:
LordOfAmourFantastiq wrote:Thanks to pitkin88 here and to Chris at Good Records, I could have some here in France! The 7” are stunning, all the parts and aspects of this release are so high-quality made!

Thanks Lord!(I just seen your post now) I do have a question though for anyone else who happened to get the single...

I haven't played mine yet (I've been debating on playing it once to put it on my computer so I can listen to it as often as I want)but I was wondering if anyone listened to it... I'm curious how it sounds on the vinyl. If they put a download on iTunes I would definitely buy it

Absolutely you should play it!! I was once a member of some sites where they did high quality needledrops. Unfortunately, I got banned for speaking my mind, waits for Si's comment, so have no access anymore. I'm sure there is a quality drop out there it's just finding it.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 am

Not sure how many people are aware, but there's a very limited UK Tour Edition being released shortly. 1 variant is limited to 18 copies and the other just 5 (to match the number of UK shows).

Both will come with goodies much like the special versions of the original release.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:16 am

wind_up_toy wrote:Not sure how many people are aware, but there's a very limited UK Tour Edition being released shortly. 1 variant is limited to 18 copies and the other just 5 (to match the number of UK shows).

Both will come with goodies much like the special versions of the original release.
First I've heard of it. Searching didn`t come up with anything either.