stupid stupid stupid

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

stupid stupid stupid

Post by dadascot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:33 pm

I just made one of my worst decisions ever. Last Saturday, at a local record fair, I found Love it to death on straight label for £30. I hummed and hawed, and never bought it!!! Why?? ludicrous decision.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: stupid stupid stupid

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:48 pm

I found it about 6 years ago for $10 in VG plus shape. It was on the wall of a record store. I asked could I take a look at it thinking it was $100. Couldnt get out of there quick enough.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:30 pm

a relative handed a straight label LITD down to me. the cover is in ok shape,but the record skips so bad that I wanted to cry when I played it! it's nice to look at though!! lol

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:38 pm

ah yes, I've never regretted spending money but have regretted not striking when the iron is hot.

Vinyl regrets....

School's Out w/panties $35
Zappa - Zappa In New York pristine promo
Zappa - 20 Years of FZ (12 record set)
Rush debut Moon Records pressing $50 but the condition was terrible still
Aerosmith Rocks Quad version
Pink Floyd In Celebration Of The Comet and Take Linda Surfin'
David Bowie - Man Who Sold the World cartoon cover, store had 2 copies one for $14 (very nice condition) and the other for $12 (not so good condition) I bought the cheaper one. Years later with the advent of the interwebz I find out my copy is one of the pirate versions (hand scratched matrix number in the dead wax is the giveaway)

stoopid stoopid stoopid

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:43 am

Toronto Bob wrote:ah yes, I've never regretted spending money but have regretted not striking when the iron is hot.

Vinyl regrets....

Zappa - 20 Years of FZ (12 record set)
I had that! Very expensive, most expensive boot I ever got.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:11 am

Nice - thanks to the Zappateers, I was able to get a digital copy of it years later (along with the other mammoth box set History and Collected Improvizations of FZ/MOI)

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:08 pm

Toronto Bob wrote: ah yes, I've never regretted spending money but have regretted not striking when the iron is hot.
Vinyl regrets....
David Bowie - Man Who Sold the World cartoon cover, store had 2 copies one for $14 (very nice condition) and the other for $12 (not so good condition) I bought the cheaper one. Years later with the advent of the interwebz I find out my copy is one of the pirate versions (hand scratched matrix number in the dead wax is the giveaway)
I originally bought the B&W MWSTW & years later ('70's) the bargain bins were full of the Cartoon cover.
I think I may have had the Cartoon cover on 8-track!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:Vinyl regrets....
School's Out w/panties $35
Rush debut Moon Records pressing $50 but the condition was terrible still
Aerosmith Rocks Quad version
- I've seen several SO albums w/panties at record shows (a long time ago); one was still sealed which I regret not buying.
- I once saw a still sealed Rush debut LP on Moon Records at a record store; I think the price was more than $50 so I don't particularly regret not buying that one.
- I once saw an Aerosmith Rocks Quad. LP in the U.S. I didn't buy it but I have long since found and bought a Japanese issue Rocks LP (no OBI) with insert which includes the photos and illustration from the original U.S. vinyl issue plus the (laughably incorrect) lyric sheet.

While I'm at it...

I once saw a blue vinyl issue of Metallica's Creeping Death 12" U.K. single when I was living in Vancouver which I also regret not buying.

...and here are a few things I DID buy:

- Metallica - Jump In The Fire; Uncut shaped pic. disc.
- Queen - At the BBC; U.S. promo only pic. disc.
- Black Sabbath - Vol.4; mint original Can. LP issue w/inner booklet.

Ted

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:50 pm

dadascot wrote:I just made one of my worst decisions ever. Last Saturday, at a local record fair, I found Love it to death on straight label for £30. I hummed and hawed, and never bought it!!! Why?? ludicrous decision.
Was it in good condition? A small consolation would be to upgrade your avatar to an ACG album cover.

Ted

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
dadascot wrote:I just made one of my worst decisions ever. Last Saturday, at a local record fair, I found Love it to death on straight label for £30. I hummed and hawed, and never bought it!!! Why?? ludicrous decision.
Was it in good condition? A small consolation would be to upgrade your avatar to an ACG album cover.

Ted
It looked in excellent condition. I think I will keep the dads avatar all the same!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Which Straight label was it? Pink with predominantly white Straight logos or orange / yellow logos?

Did it have the thumb cover?

Either way, £30 was probably no-brainier territory!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:43 pm

years ago I saw an LITD vinyl with the ACG descending from their plane, black and white.. Didn't buy it :(
Brian told me on the old ST list that it was a genuine edition, rather rare.. even more :/ :/ :/
few months ago I saw another vinyl , this time with a picture of Alice and snake much like the Schooldays cover
Italian edition , and this time i bought it . Seems to be a genuine edition as was confirmed here. :)
you really wouldn't understand..

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:32 pm

dadascot wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:Was it in good condition? A small consolation would be to upgrade your avatar to an ACG album cover.

Ted
It looked in excellent condition. I think I will keep the dads avatar all the same!
I guess it is unfortunate you didn't pick it up if it was in that condition. Just out of curiosity, is DaDa your favourite AC album? Or do you just like the cover?

Ted

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
dadascot wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:Was it in good condition? A small consolation would be to upgrade your avatar to an ACG album cover.

Ted
I guess it is unfortunate you didn't pick it up if it was in that condition. Just out of curiosity, is DaDa your favourite AC album? Or do you just like the cover?

Ted
It's definitely in the top three with killer, the last temptation, from the inside and love it to death! And I do love the cover.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:06 am

dadascot wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:I guess it is unfortunate you didn't pick it up if it was in that condition. Just out of curiosity, is DaDa your favourite AC album? Or do you just like the cover?

Ted
It's definitely in the top three with killer, the last temptation, from the inside and love it to death! And I do love the cover.
Well, I definitely agree with Killer and LITD being 2 of your favourite Alice Cooper albums - in case you didn't know, I'm not a fan of solo-Alice.

Ted

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:44 am

My Stupid stupid stupid involves not passing up albums but selling some of my originals to buy the cd versions back in the '80's and early '90's. I sold my original BDB album that I bought as an eleven year-old in '73. I also sold my original WTMN and Easy Action to purchase the CDs which are probably worth 99 cents on Amazon. I thought that they were going to sound mind-blowingly phenomenal on this new format called compact discs. Stupid.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:41 am

Here is what some of the LITD on Straight have sold for recently.

http://www.valueyourmusic.com/search?ut ... h+straight

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:07 am

Very mixed prices

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:58 am

From patrick:
"years ago I saw an LITD vinyl with the ACG descending from their plane, black and white.."

That doesn't sound familiar. Are you that wasn't a pirated copy?

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:16 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:From patrick:
"years ago I saw an LITD vinyl with the ACG descending from their plane, black and white.."

That doesn't sound familiar. Are you that wasn't a pirated copy?
All I can tell : I described the cover as I did here, on the old sickthings list and got an answer from Brian Nelson that it was a genuine copy...He thought it was a rare find ( which made me even more sorry for not buying it .. )
you really wouldn't understand..