CHEMICAL REACTION ( Rating The Un released and Bonus Cuts )

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: CHEMICAL REACTION ( Rating The Un released and Bonus Cut

Post by sickthing » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:53 am

Hi,

How can I listen to If 4th Street Could Talk and Midnight Crawler?

Never heard either of those songs.

Thank you :)

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:49 am

Midnight Crawler has a link somewhere in this forum. Sorry can't remember more.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:54 am

For 'Midnight Crawler' https://soundcloud.com/sheila-lussier/tracks (4th track choice down.) I think it's terrible.

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sickthing » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:53 am

concolz wrote:For 'Midnight Crawler' https://soundcloud.com/sheila-lussier/tracks (4th track choice down.) I think it's terrible.

Thanks a lot for the link - I have to agree with your assessment! Still good to have heard it...Spider is one of the few albums that gets worse every time you listen to it.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:06 pm

pitkin88 wrote:Not quite the Frank tape but this is very interesting for the unreleased songs. If it is legit that is.

http://www.valueyourmusic.com/items/181 ... ransfusion
it is, a friend of mine was the one who won the auction.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:17 pm

VinceLeeRose wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Not quite the Frank tape but this is very interesting for the unreleased songs. If it is legit that is.

So have you heard any of the songs Vince? Is he willing to share them or give us a print out of the lyrics?

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:25 pm

concolz wrote:For 'Midnight Crawler' https://soundcloud.com/sheila-lussier/tracks (4th track choice down.) I think it's terrible.
Sounds like a combination of Run Down the Devil (song off DD) and Almighty Dollar by Ozzy Osbourne

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:03 am

pitkin88 wrote:
VinceLeeRose wrote:

So have you heard any of the songs Vince? Is he willing to share them or give us a print out of the lyrics?

Yes I'm also very interested (in the music).

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:40 pm

From pitkin88:
"So have you heard any of the songs Vince?"

I think there are some different versions of these songs which exist other than those shown at the link and will be only of any interest (and minor interest at that) if this is the version that has slightly different mixes and different vocals. Alternatively, it could be just demonstration recordings. For example, there is a version with someone other than Alice on lead vocals and one song with a different ending but either way, if the three songs most people here will not have heard are what makes others interested in this, I don't think anyone will find them essential listening.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:09 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:

I think there are some different versions of these songs which exist other than those shown at the link and will be only of any interest (and minor interest at that) if this is the version that has slightly different mixes and different vocals. Alternatively, it could be just demonstration recordings. For example, there is a version with someone other than Alice on lead vocals and one song with a different ending but either way, if the three songs most people here will not have heard are what makes others interested in this, I don't think anyone will find them essential listening.

I think this is that version then. The rhythm tracks were mostly the same (no lead guitars), and all the vocals were different with slightly different lyrics for Only My Heart Talkin'. (Someone else was singing House of Fire, but it's not the Bon Jovi demo version that's out there). I remember Alice cracking up during one of the verses to Love Transfusion

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:39 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:

I think this is that version then. The rhythm tracks were mostly the same (no lead guitars), and all the vocals were different with slightly different lyrics for Only My Heart Talkin'. (Someone else was singing House of Fire, but it's not the Bon Jovi demo version that's out there). I remember Alice cracking up during one of the verses to Love Transfusion
I still want/like to hear them and be my own judge if I like them.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:19 am

Though this is not my favourite era I think that is fair. It is interesting to hear songs in their very early stages. I would still like to hear a few snippets, at least, of the super star jam with Nilsson et al. And yes, I know it is supposed to be dreadful.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 am

Who actually physically owns all these demos/rehearsal bits etc?
Does alice have them in a vault somewhere? I know renfield had allot of stuff, did that stuff pass on to someone else?

Does anyone know if the alice camp has plans on doing anything with the demos/unreleased tracks? Even something like bandcamp is a decent platform to release on and allows you to keep more of the profits with minimal overheads.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:28 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:Who actually physically owns all these demos/rehearsal bits etc?
Does alice have them in a vault somewhere? I know renfield had allot of stuff, did that stuff pass on to someone else?

Does anyone know if the alice camp has plans on doing anything with the demos/unreleased tracks? Even something like bandcamp is a decent platform to release on and allows you to keep more of the profits with minimal overheads.

You might need to be more specific. Some stuff is owned by various labels and other stuff by Alice and/or band members. Maybe Amuk or Si might know what happened to what Renfield might or might not have.

AFAIK there are no plans for any unreleased stuff to come out. There hasn't been an offocial album since WTMN 2 so it is hardly on anyone's minds.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:00 pm

From Saint&Sinner:
"Who actually physically owns all these demos/rehearsal bits etc?

The physical ownership isn'r really the issue. The intellectual property is what counts and as far as the recordings discussed in the last few posts, those are owned by Epic Records and other record companies would be the owenrs of the other recordings discussed.

> I know renfield had allot of stuff, did that stuff pass on to someone else?

No. It now under Alice's control (and obviously, I don't mean personally or directly).

>Does anyone know if the alice camp has plans on doing anything with the demos/unreleased tracks?

Again, it wouldn't be their decision. If you look at the recent releases of "Trash", "Hey Stoopid" and "The Last Temptation", it would have been up to the record company which released those to decide if it wanted to include any unreleased material.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:10 am

I'd really be interested in hearing the acetate of Constrictor that had the song "Nobody Move", especially since it was finished and mixed and not in demo form. Has anyone ever heard that track? (I also believe there was an alternate mix of Crawlin')

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:54 am

From VinceLeeRose:
"I'd really be interested in hearing the acetate of Constrictor that had the song "Nobody Move", especially since it was finished and mixed and not in demo form. Has anyone ever heard that track?"

Yes and despite a somewhat catchy chorus, it's not a great song.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:52 am

VinceLeeRose wrote:I'd really be interested in hearing the acetate of Constrictor that had the song "Nobody Move", especially since it was finished and mixed and not in demo form. Has anyone ever heard that track? (I also believe there was an alternate mix of Crawlin')

Maybe your friend with the Trash tape could trade a copy for a copy of the Constrictor acetate. Assuming the Constrictor guy doesn't have it that is. Acetates are not meant for numerous plays hopefully whoever has it did a good transfer to digital.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Acetates are not meant for numerous plays hopefully whoever has it did a good transfer to digital.
and accidentally put it online for all to share in......:)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:50 pm

If anyone has a copy of the acetate there is a very good chance an exchange could be made for a copy of the Trash cassette.