Sheryl Assaulted by Fan in Huntsville

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mr.barlow

Re: Sheryl Assaulted by Fan in Huntsville

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:18 am

Devon wrote:Okay, before the political discussion gets out of hand, no matter what the motivation was I think all of us can agree that the action was uncalled for. Even if they were aiming for Pat/Trump, that does not make it right. If you think about it, had Sheryl not been wearing the mask the injury could have been worse!
Agreed

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:21 am

[quote="pitkin88"]We don't but if I was a betting man I think I'd get better odds he was. If Trump wins we will probably have open carry so a " good guy with a gun " can take care of business.

That one of the main reasons I support him!

The girlfriend is a better shot than I am and carries a pistol in her purse on a daily basis---why do you think I listen to her! :)

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:39 am

Not good!

So did the performance continue or did it briefly stop?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:42 am

wind_up_toy wrote:Not good!

From what little I have seen, it continued without a break. It was the last song in the show, so only a couple of minutes to go anyway.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:05 am

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:Not good!

From what little I have seen, it continued without a break. It was the last song in the show, so only a couple of minutes to go anyway.
Good stuff and very glad to hear that Cheryl escaped injury. There are some truly rotten concert goers out there, usually fuelled by alcohol they seem intent on ruining a good night out for decent folk.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:15 am

I'm not taking any political side here but unfortunately Alice might need to suspend the political part of the show. It might be too risky for the performers. It's great satire but some people take politics far too seriously and can't seem to control their reactions. They demonize the candidate they don't like and it's much worse this year than other years.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:06 am

Hi all,

With Si's grace, I have started a 2016 Presidential Election thread over in Off Topic. Let's take it over there for all the gab not related to Mrs. Cooper.

Mr. Barlow, I am sure that many of us here are particularly interested in you opinions.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Dannorama wrote:Hi all,

With Si's grace, I have started a 2016 Presidential Election thread over in Off Topic. Let's take it over there for all the gab not related to Mrs. Cooper.

Mr. Barlow, I am sure that many of us here are particularly interested in you opinions.

Why cant we discuss here if it is related to Sheryl? I have zero interest in a strictly political thread here. Alice has opened up the door and we should be allowed to discuss. Personally I hope he drops it as it is not worth anyone getting seriously hurt. I have wondered too about the audiences language during this segment. Are people using foul language? Who is the most booed etc.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:33 pm

pitkin88 wrote:I have wondered too about the audiences language during this segment. Are people using foul language? Who is the most booed etc.
From what I could tell at the two shows I attended (Nashville in May, Louisville on Sunday), the audience just laughed. There was no cheering or booing, just laughter.

And yes, the covers still go over well with audiences at the shows. Dropping "Love Me Two Times" (which sucked all the energy out of the show) and adding "Ace Of Spades" really makes that section very strong (for the record, the covers in Nashville on Sunday were "Pinball Wizard," "Fire," "Suffragette City," and "Ace Of Spades").

Hunter

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Don't think there was any "political statement" to make. This lowlife probably threw the beer can because the thought popped into his head. Like the rest of You, HATE idiots who have to be drunk to enjoy the show.
Glad Sheryl is OK and wish the guy could have been found and given a severe thrashing...then have Alice put him under the blade!
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:41 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Dannorama wrote:Hi all,

Why cant we discuss here if it is related to Sheryl? I have zero interest in a strictly political thread here. Alice has opened up the door and we should be allowed to discuss. Personally I hope he drops it as it is not worth anyone getting seriously hurt. I have wondered too about the audiences language during this segment. Are people using foul language? Who is the most booed etc.
The discussion over at Off Topic is entirely unrelated to Sheryl. Mr. Barlow invited political discourse on a private level. I asked that it be on a more public level, outside of the current discussion regarding the ridiculous incident involving Mrs. Cooper. The political discussion in Off Topic is thoroughly unrelated to the beer can incident.

Regarding dropping this bit from Alice's stage show, how effing sad a state of affairs would that be? Alice has been doing this bit since the 70s. What a sick thing it would be if we couldn't tolerate a little parody in 2016?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:40 am

Glad Sheryl is ok. Unfortunately, society has devolved to the point of beyond logic. The Richard Dixon skit from '73 was fun satire that we fans could enjoy in a light-hearted manner. These days, everyone is so angry, easily offended, and takes things way too personally. Add alcohol to the mix and you have this particular moronic fan.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

As a person who lives in Alabama, I definitely think the person through the beer at Sheryl due to her being in a Hillary mask. I do not by any means think it has anything to do with what Trump or Hillary has said, but there are tons of people in this state especially that really hate Hillary and honestly just hate democrats, liberals, etc in general. Trump had one of his largest campaign stops in Huntsville, so while I don't think any blame should be sent towards him, he does have a following here and a lot of them are idiots.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:38 am

Mr Barlow is right that we don't know for sure that the idiot was aiming for sheryl/Hillary, but it is a possibility, and in the current campaign, with all the vitriol from trump it is a strong possibility! so for mr. B to call someone an idiot for putting forward that hypothesis shows that either he has no grasp of the current political atmosphere or he is indeed a right wing bigot that can't see past trump. I also found it strange that no one could identify him. I really hope that they don't give into these clowns and change the show.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:01 am

I definitely agree with Mr. Barlow that Donald Trump should not get blamed for another person's actions in this situation. People have the choice or not to be influenced by another person's rhetoric. Many people dislike Hillary Clinton especially here in Alabama to the point that this still wouldn't surprise me no matter who she was running against, and it is not just Trump supporters who hate her here. She has very few fans in this state compared to those who dislike her. Many on the far left are just as proactively against her. They generally do not express the same level of violent intent against her as on the other side however. Just knowing what I do about the political environment here, I find it hard to imagine the target would have been Trump over Hillary, and it is a shame considering that there was violent intent at all.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:49 am

maybe it's just that the person was very drunk? could have been alice or chuck,or nita,etc.instead,really. who knows what a drunk idiot is thinking,if at all. maybe we are giving this person too much credit to have actually thought something through politically.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Whoa!! Wait...wait...wait. Everyone just calm down. There's someone else here from Alabama???
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:00 pm

Yes, Mr. D, I am from Birmingham.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:44 am

guttertrash wrote: Many people dislike Hillary Clinton especially here in Alabama to the point that this still wouldn't surprise me no matter who she was running against, and it is not just Trump supporters who hate her here. She has very few fans in this state compared to those who dislike her. Many on the far left are just as proactively against her.
On a purely political note this is an accurate observation. Many Bernie Sanders supporters have as low an opinion of Hillary as many Trump supporters. Which makes this election notorious and even Alice has said he can't get behind either candidate.

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:47 pm

guttertrash wrote:Yes, Mr. D, I am from Birmingham.
Cool
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.