Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

claptonstring
Trash
Trash

Re: I need help with this

Post by claptonstring » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:30 pm

Ok ! to answer all in one

I've spent all day long with the real-estate who sold me the house and I get the old owner's name...

Frank Wilson--- this is what I talked with him:

Frank: I used to be just a southern guy who always loved alice music as hell! I lived in phoenix all my life until one day I was just drinkin' a couple of drinks in the middle of the 70's...
Damned, this guy came just like a shadow and first thing I did: get down on my knees the guy just told me: get up good friend.. we talked around an hour and the rest of that was pure history...

I didn't know how closer I was turning to Mr. Vincent Damon Furnier!

One of those days he told me to go to the studio... I remember it was... november or december '93. I wasn't specting the studio to be just a garage they were vincent and his guitar player with an acoustic guitar.

they were working on a song... I think it was "Bad place Alone" at that moment it was just a cheap piece of badass country with an bootleg bottle of whiskey.

---Frank stops to answer a phone call-----
----After a couple of mins....

Frank:
Well, I think I gotta get out of here now! so I'll tell you the whole story about the songs you got...

I stood during the whole recording process of "The Last Temptation"

So, I can tell you what you have right now

You're My Temptation it used to have different lyrics, it was taken from the record "From The Inside" but with a little bit of Cooper's Dark, Sarcastic and Funny Style that after 4 or 6 takes it ended up in what you officialy know. The second one if I still remember it was "The Darkest side of mine". The 3d song you mention it was a trial... "Steven II" it was recorded with Chris Cornell but they didn't like the resultant. The last one on that side, it was It's Me, I perfectly remember that song... He (Alice) Told me that he was dealing with that song a long time ago and I don't remember since when.

-Me-
About the songs on the B Side
1. Stolen Prayer [Take # 1] 6:45
2. Alice Jokin' 3:00
3. How you Gonna see me Now [Bad Quality, needs to be fix] 7:34
4. Movie Stars [Unknown`, Bad Quality] 1:33
5. Ballad of Dwight Fry [Piano an guitar only... extremly damaged quality** 12:22
he says

Frank:
It's funny now when I remember those days...
Well, between jokes and jokes and time together he took me to the Warner Alice Cooper's Bunker and he played a lot tapes he never shown... I've recorded like 10 tapes of that... this one were so special...

Stolen Prayer, it was just the first time Chris and Alice tried the song, How You Gonna See me now, I remember he was crying at some points... Movie Stars.... it was an acoustic try for the lovely ballad "You And Me"... I remember that Ballad of Dwight Fry it was just a taste... it's funny but there is so much more songs at my locker...

-----------------------

So I'm still waiting for the songs to come out of the studio where they have been fixing

what would I do know with this??? I could share :D and if you think this is on YT nop! the outtake I could find it was "King of the Jewish".

Now! about bon Jovi duet... quality it's like a 5/10

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:19 pm

I'm going to be quite blunt.

What a total crock of SH*T!

This sounds like one of my sarcastic/parody postings--only written 25 years ago when I was out of my mind on booze!

There is so much to pick apart here. Amuk and others lets have a go at it.

One quick observation as I'm pressed for time right now. Dick Wagner--you know the guy who wrote the music for You & Me--specifically explains in his book how "You & Me" came about and how it grew out of the middle section of the original version of "No More Love At Your Convenience". There was never a mention of a song title "Movie Stars". But I'm sure Frank from Phoenix knows much more than the guy who wrote the song.

"Warners Alice Cooper's Bunker"---that tells you everything you need to know. I'll give everyone a brief history of that bunker. Here goes:

Back when Alice hit the top of the charts with Billion Dollar Babies, Warner Bros was afraid of the continued deteriorating relationship between the USA and the USSR. They thought it would be wise to invest in a bunker in Phoenix to store all of the the Alice Cooper master tapes, the guillotine, gallows along Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin.

As time went on they added such culturally significant recordings such as Ubangi Stomp, No More Love At Your Convenience along with never heard gems like "Hello Dali", "Having Hibachi With Liberace", The Ballad of George Burns" and others.

It's now 2016 and the bunker is still there but is now owned by a Japanese conglomerate. Thanks to a leasing agreement MCA has entrusted their Alice masters to the bunker. That way, after Donald Trump presses the Armageddon button, the cockroaches that are left can forever enjoy the mastery of "Thrill My Gorilla".

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:52 pm

claptonstring wrote:Ok ! to answer all in one

I've spent all day long with the real-estate who sold me the house and I get the old owner's name...

Frank Wilson--- this is what I talked with him:

Frank: I used to be just a southern guy who always loved alice music as hell! I lived in phoenix all my life until one day I was just drinkin' a couple of drinks in the middle of the 70's...
Damned, this guy came just like a shadow and first thing I did: get down on my knees the guy just told me: get up good friend.. we talked around an hour and the rest of that was pure history...

I didn't know how closer I was turning to Mr. Vincent Damon Furnier!

One of those days he told me to go to the studio... I remember it was... november or december '93. I wasn't specting the studio to be just a garage they were vincent and his guitar player with an acoustic guitar.

they were working on a song... I think it was "Bad place Alone" at that moment it was just a cheap piece of badass country with an bootleg bottle of whiskey.

---Frank stops to answer a phone call-----
----After a couple of mins....

Frank:
Well, I think I gotta get out of here now! so I'll tell you the whole story about the songs you got...

I stood during the whole recording process of "The Last Temptation"

So, I can tell you what you have right now

You're My Temptation it used to have different lyrics, it was taken from the record "From The Inside" but with a little bit of Cooper's Dark, Sarcastic and Funny Style that after 4 or 6 takes it ended up in what you officialy know. The second one if I still remember it was "The Darkest side of mine". The 3d song you mention it was a trial... "Steven II" it was recorded with Chris Cornell but they didn't like the resultant. The last one on that side, it was It's Me, I perfectly remember that song... He (Alice) Told me that he was dealing with that song a long time ago and I don't remember since when.

-Me-
About the songs on the B Side
1. Stolen Prayer [Take # 1] 6:45
2. Alice Jokin' 3:00
3. How you Gonna see me Now [Bad Quality, needs to be fix] 7:34
4. Movie Stars [Unknown`, Bad Quality] 1:33
5. Ballad of Dwight Fry [Piano an guitar only... extremly damaged quality** 12:22
he says

Frank:
It's funny now when I remember those days...
Well, between jokes and jokes and time together he took me to the Warner Alice Cooper's Bunker and he played a lot tapes he never shown... I've recorded like 10 tapes of that... this one were so special...

Stolen Prayer, it was just the first time Chris and Alice tried the song, How You Gonna See me now, I remember he was crying at some points... Movie Stars.... it was an acoustic try for the lovely ballad "You And Me"... I remember that Ballad of Dwight Fry it was just a taste... it's funny but there is so much more songs at my locker...

-----------------------

So I'm still waiting for the songs to come out of the studio where they have been fixing

what would I do know with this??? I could share :D and if you think this is on YT nop! the outtake I could find it was "King of the Jewish".

Now! about bon Jovi duet... quality it's like a 5/10

Let me get this straight. Alice Cooper befriends Frank, an alcoholic he rescues,and plays him treasure trove of unreleased recordings. Their friendship is so strong Alice allows Frank to make copies of these songs ( or gives him cassette tapes ). Amazing story!!No doubt in my mind this has to be true as only an insider with intimate knowledge could know stuff like Your My Temptation was a FTI outtake and King Of The Jewish was the working title for King Of The Silver Screen. Can't wait for the tape to come back. Is there any way that Frank could be persuaded to release another tape or tapes to you? I'm sure we could have a whip around here to cover studio costs.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:29 am

I think Frank was mistaken. The working title was "King Of The Yiddish Scene". The song was about a rabbi who discovers his inner woman. I think they had Henny Youngman lined up for the video.

Also, the character of Maurice Escargot was originally going to be called Irving Gefiltefish K.I. (Kosher Inspector).

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:06 pm

I'd also love to hear this! Last Temptation is one of my favorites from Alice.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Hook, Line & Sinker!
The fractured English is a nice touch.
With just enough factual info to make SickThings drool.
Will believe it when I hear it.
So, sign me up for the PM nobody is going to get.
Thanks
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:I'd also love to hear this! Last Temptation is one of my favorites from Alice.

This was the real comeback album for me. Claptonstring, would it be too much trouble to ask Frank if he would be willing to do a Q & A regarding his time with Alice and his glimpse into all that unreleased stuff? Like Marcel I would love to hear.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:31 pm

This whole thing sounds like complete horse s##t.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:39 pm

I was thinking the same...this story is ticking too many boxes...

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:50 pm

claptonstring wrote: Damned, this guy came just like a shadow and first thing I did: get down on my knees
You lost me at the point alcoholic Frank used a time machine to travel back to the 70s after watching Waynes World (possibly with a terminator).

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:31 pm

In the same time machine, Frank took Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades back to the "From The Inside" sessions where they wrote and recorded the song You're My Temptation".

I heard that upon their arrival Bernie Taupin was very angry at the intrusion. Alice was so shaken by upsetting his good friend Bernie that it caused him to cry and sob during the recording of "How You Gonna See Me Now" just as Frank said.

Also, if you check the Guiness Book Of World Records you will find that Frank holds the record for standing on one place as he stood the entire time it took to record the album The Last Temptation. Also, the line in the song "You're My Temptation" that reads "Mercy please, I'm on my knees" was inspired by Frank and that day when Alice told him to "get up good friend".

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:12 am

claptonstring wrote:The second one if I still remember it was "The Darkest side of mine". The 3d song you mention it was a trial... "Steven II"...
Actually the song was called "The Darkest Side Of The Mime". It was the tale of a homicidal mime who used his telekinetic mimeness to off his victims.

During the live show Alice was going to have a miming duel with the evil mime whose name was going to be Marcel Murdeaux.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:28 am

If David was still alive I could see him and Alice squaring off in a mime battle. Sadly not to be.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:44 pm

Gee,
I wonder where claptonstring has gone?
Been posting almost daily until the topic started to do a 180.
Has the tape been repaired by the "Studio" yet?
Tapes get old maybe it just fell apart? :(
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:Gee,

Get Up Good Friend ( The Frank Wilson Tapes Vol 1 ) is due to be released on the Warner Brothers Bunker Label on Nov 8 to coincide with the 2016 Election. The Japanese version contains the full version of King Of The Jewish aka King Of The Silversteins as well as the lovely ballad Jew And Me and Is It My Bubbe.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:16 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Daggers & Contracts wrote:Gee,

Get Up Good Friend ( The Frank Wilson Tapes Vol 1 ) is due to be released on the Warner Brothers Bunker Label on Nov 8 to coincide with the 2016 Election. The Japanese version contains the full version of King Of The Jewish aka King Of The Silversteins as well as the lovely ballad Jew And Me and Is It My Bubbe.
Oy Vey!
Now this is top shelf comedy! Just great! This will be hard to top...but I'll try my best :)

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:31 pm

I just got a press release from Warner's Bunker label. It says that there will be various bonus tracks available from I-Tunes. They are:

I'm Thirteen (The Bar Mitzvah Song)
The Man With Golda Mier
Unleavened Bread (song became I Love The Dead)
Zero's Ascent (For Mr. Mostel)

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:49 pm

mr.barlow wrote:I just got a press release from Warner's Bunker label. It says that there will be various bonus tracks available from I-Tunes. They are:

The Man With Golda Mier

Well and truly topped!! :clap:

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:23 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:I just got a press release from Warner's Bunker label. It says that there will be various bonus tracks available from I-Tunes. They are:

The Man With Golda Mier

Well and truly topped!! :clap:
As Elvis Preselvitz used to say:

"a dank, a sheynem dank"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:30 pm

Clapton Unstrung just pm'd me. There is a hidden track on the Cd:

Wake Me Gentile.