I need help with this

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

claptonstring
Trash
Trash

I need help with this

Post by claptonstring » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:09 am

Hi, well I love Alice Music, but I don't find myself as a Sickthing as you do... anyway

Recently I've bought my new house and Making the cleaning I've find a box with a lotta tapes one of 'em says: "Alice Cooper Stuff" it has only 4 songs and I don't know if you could help me with this...

the first one I know it's call You're My Temptation but it's really different due notes and Lyrics, the other one I have no idea... on the main riff I can get "I've been in hell, I've been back now... don't ask what I have to say let's pretend it's just my final curtain down" the rhythm it's a slow kinda dark ballad but seriously I have no clue about this one. the 3rd goes a duet... It repeats on the chorus: "Steven ain't at home, Steven is not there" it's a nice Rock rhythm but I don't know this song.. and the last one I know it's It's Me but it goes with different Lyrics.
Now you might be wondering why I haven't post 'em... Well, what do I have to do to convert the tape on MP3 or some like that...
Oh, one last thing! at the beginning of the songs and also at the end there's some Alice talk with the members and some 1, 2, 3...

Have any idea what I got in my hands?

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: I need help with this

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:18 pm

sounds like some nice demos from the last temptation sessions, i for one would LOVE to hear this stuff.
a simple tape to mp3 converter is all that is needed (not that expensive there are also companies that will do it for you at a cost)

I'm sure the hardcore guys will know what they are,
i have always wanted to hear the last temptation out takes (and alice never puts them out on anything like reissues or special collections etc, much to my annoyance)

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:12 pm

I would LOVE to hear that stuff.... Maybe you could share :) :) :)

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:48 am

Do you still have a cassette player?
I want and can help you with this but I don't think you are living in Europe.
If you GOOGLE on tape to mp3 there are lots of free programms.
If this is too technical for you please send me a pm and I will help you.

ANd yes I would also love to hear those songs.

claptonstring
Trash
Trash

Post by claptonstring » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:39 pm

Hey guys! thanks for answering with this... well, I don't live in Europe, but nevermind I'm not that selfish, I will take it to a sound studio closer to my house, they will put it on WAV and will clean the audio :D I'll post it here... And I'll post a couple of things that I got from some Bon Jovi tape recording with Alice.. like a Duet version of Hell is Living without you...

claptonstring
Trash
Trash

Post by claptonstring » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:42 pm

Lucius Morthem wrote:I would LOVE to hear that stuff.... Maybe you could share :) :) :)
I will, I'm gonna send it to an Audio Studio to convert and Fix

claptonstring
Trash
Trash

Post by claptonstring » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:53 pm

mestreech wrote:Do you still have a cassette player?
I want and can help you with this but I don't think you are living in Europe.
If you GOOGLE on tape to mp3 there are lots of free programms.
If this is too technical for you please send me a pm and I will help you.

ANd yes I would also love to hear those songs.
Well, I only listened to SIDE A there's SIDE B:

1. Stolen Prayer [Take # 1] 6:45
2. Alice Jokin' 3:00
3. How you Gonna see me Now [Bad Quality, needs to be fix] 7:34
4. Movie Stars [Unknown`, Bad Quality] 1:33
5. Ballad of Dwight Fry [Piano an guitar only... extremly damaged quality** 12:22
Now the funny thing is that I could take the running time with my phone... I'll see if I can get any good capture with it...

well I thing I got a pot of gold... I'll share everything When i got 'em back from the studio fixed.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:39 pm

I'm really excited and very kind of you to share this with us.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:57 pm

1) Could you explain what " fixed " is? This implies something other than just a straight transfer from the tape to another medium.

2) What type of studio is this?

3) As for sharing I am not sure if you know or not but samples of the music would not be permitted here. Discussion of bootlegs is allowed but no links to bootleg material ( correct me if I am wrong Si ). All this would have to be done privately by PM and then we can discuss. I should also point out that at least one member here would report you should you attempt to put these recordings on Youtube or the like.

4) Oddly, the two people here that most likely know what you have have yet to comment.

5) Are you planning on letting us know what is on side B before you get this back?

Thank you for coming here and letting us know what you have.

Spot and Jerome
Killer
Killer

Post by Spot and Jerome » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Well this sounds like something I have been waiting to hear for nearly 20 years, as many others here I suppose.
So if you will be able to share such stuff it will be extremely nice from you!
To forgive is divine, but vengeance is mine

claptonstring
Trash
Trash

Post by claptonstring » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:33 pm

pitkin88 wrote:1) Could you explain what " fixed " is? This implies something other than just a straight transfer from the tape to another medium.

3) As for sharing I am not sure if you know or not but samples of the music would not be permitted here. Discussion of bootlegs is allowed but no links to bootleg material ( correct me if I am wrong Si ). All this would have to be done privately by PM and then we can discuss. I should also point out that at least one member here would report you should you attempt to put these recordings on Youtube or the like.

4) Oddly, the two people here that most likely know what you have have yet to comment.

5) Are you planning on letting us know what is on side B before you get this back?

Well to answer your questions...
1. some of the songs are so damaged due tape wrinkles and there's a lot of tape noise... so I took 'em to a recording studio = A place with the tools to transfer and to fix some issues.

2. I'm new here I didn't came to make any kinda deal or some like that I came here because I have no idea what I have into my hands... and I've been reading the rules. So don't worry 'cause I WILL NOT post 'em here.

3. If you look on my comments I've already post what's on the B side.

claptonstring
Trash
Trash

Post by claptonstring » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:33 pm

pitkin88 wrote:1) Could you explain what " fixed " is? This implies something other than just a straight transfer from the tape to another medium.

SIDE B:

1. Stolen Prayer [Take # 1] 6:45
2. Alice Jokin' 3:00
3. How you Gonna see me Now [Bad Quality, needs to be fix] 7:34
4. Movie Stars [Unknown`, Bad Quality] 1:33
5. Ballad of Dwight Fry [Piano an guitar only... extremly damaged quality** 12:22
Now the funny thing is that I could take the running time with my phone... I'll see if I can get any good capture with it...

claptonstring
Trash
Trash

Post by claptonstring » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:35 pm

Spot and Jerome wrote:Well this sounds like something I have been waiting to hear for nearly 20 years, as many others here I suppose.
So if you will be able to share such stuff it will be extremely nice from you!
sure I will, now... I think my studio's bill would come for more than 100$ US LMAO 'cause this cassette tape is really damage

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:05 am

claptonstring wrote:

Well to answer your questions...
1. some of the songs are so damaged due tape wrinkles and there's a lot of tape noise... so I took 'em to a recording studio = A place with the tools to transfer and to fix some issues.

2. I'm new here I didn't came to make any kinda deal or some like that I came here because I have no idea what I have into my hands... and I've been reading the rules. So don't worry 'cause I WILL NOT post 'em here.

3. If you look on my comments I've already post what's on the B side.

Yes you did. Sorry my mistake. Look forward to hearing the repaired songs. Can I ask which country you are in and also what sound quality the Bon Jovi/Alice material is?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:48 am

No one has posted yet so here are The Last Temptation Era confirmed unreleased songs:

I Dare You (Alice Cooper/Shaw/Blades)
Invisible Strings (Alice Cooper/Shaw/Blades)
Best Friend
Born Guilty

It might be possible that one or more of the songs on the tape are these. Again it might not be.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:13 am

I would find out who lived in your house prior to you buying it. You can then see if he/she was involved with the writing, recording, production of that album. I would start there.

The majority are obviously daily writing session tapes or demos of those songs from The Last Temptation. The hand written title "Alice stuff" and the tracks on the second side have me thinking that this may be a fan made compilation of outtakes and demos. It would be very interesting to me if those recordings are from those writing or recording sessions for The Last Temptation, but my guess is that they are outtakes or demos from earlier sessions of those respective albums.

I would think that if these are daily writing session tapes or demos they would be identified by session date./ recording session or better identified than "Alice stuff".

This tape is still a great find as I'd love to hear The Last Temptation material, as I don't think it's out there.

My question is--if it was a fan made compilation and not from someone involved in the sessions--how did that fan get it?

Also I wonder if the song on side 2 you have listed as "Movie Stars" is "My Stars". OR--if it could be an early working demo of "King Of The Silver Screen". That I would love to hear!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:00 am

mr.barlow wrote:I would find out who lived in your house prior to you buying it. You can then see if he/she was involved with the writing, recording, production of that album. I would start there.

The majority are obviously daily writing session tapes or demos of those songs from The Last Temptation. The hand written title "Alice stuff" and the tracks on the second side have me thinking that this may be a fan made compilation of outtakes and demos. It would be very interesting to me if those recordings are from those writing or recording sessions for The Last Temptation, but my guess is that they are outtakes or demos from earlier sessions of those respective albums.

I would think that if these are daily writing session tapes or demos they would be identified by session date./ recording session or better identified than "Alice stuff".

This tape is still a great find as I'd love to hear The Last Temptation material, as I don't think it's out there.

My question is--if it was a fan made compilation and not from someone involved in the sessions--how did that fan get it?

Also I wonder if the song on side 2 you have listed as "Movie Stars" is "My Stars". OR--if it could be an early working demo of "King Of The Silver Screen". That I would love to hear!

I had the same thought as you. It does seem like something a fan put together as a trade due to the mish mash of stuff on side B. Could be You're A Movie which would also be cool. Clapton could find out pretty easilly as I'm sure those songs are on YT or Spotify.

As for how did a fan get it, I'm pretty sure there are a few fans on here who have stuff that non of us have ever heard. Whether they are hoarding or sworn never to let out who knows.

Back in 89 I got a tape of Ramones demos that were not circulating. Amazing find. I became friends with a guy who worked with a guy who played solos on 4 of the bands albums. My friend was owed money by this guy and he gave him the demos instead of cash. It was brilliant having this stuff ( alt takes and 3 unreleased songs ) and knowing there was only about 4 people who had heard the stuff. About a year later I decided it was time, with my friends permission, to let them out so everyone could hear.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:13 am

pitkin88 wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:I would find out who lived in your house prior to you buying it. You can then see if he/she was involved with the writing, recording, production of that album. I would start there.

I had the same thought as you. It does seem like something a fan put together as a trade due to the mish mash of stuff on side B. Could be You're A Movie which would also be cool. Clapton could find out pretty easilly as I'm sure those songs are on YT or Spotify.

As for how did a fan get it, I'm pretty sure there are a few fans on here who have stuff that non of us have ever heard. Whether they are hoarding or sworn never to let out who knows.

Back in 89 I got a tape of Ramones demos that were not circulating. Amazing find. I became friends with a guy who worked with a guy who played solos on 4 of the bands albums. My friend was owed money by this guy and he gave him the demos instead of cash. It was brilliant having this stuff ( alt takes and 3 unreleased songs ) and knowing there was only about 4 people who had heard the stuff. About a year later I decided it was time, with my friends permission, to let them out so everyone could hear.
I think you did the right thing with the Ramones tapes and that is share with the fans.

I'm sure that there are fans Of Alice Cooper (on this forum) and other people who have lots of video (bits and pieces) and music with rare collectors value.
For whatever reason that are not willing to share it with the fans. They want to hold it for themselve or in a very very small community.
I never understood that and I never will.
Ok if someone pays a lot for that special acetate with that extra unreleased song I can understand that he wants to hold its value. But music is to be played and not to collect for later rising of the value.

To go back to the subject.
Please email or pm me if you want to share the tape. Thank you.

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:59 pm

If Fourth Street Could Talk was passed around a while ago. Would be nice to see more more songs like that made available.

I'd also be interested in getting a copy via PM.

schinkengott
Killer
Killer

Post by schinkengott » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Me too!

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
Thats what a good spider does...you trap....you kill....you eat