Post by Rob » Fri May 27, 2016 12:34 pm

Note the UK is on the same time zone if you are going to watch
It must be true A_Michael said so

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Hollywood Vampires Lisbon Live Stream Start time

Post by Si » Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Anybody else notice that the sound is out of sync on the live feed? Or is it just mine?

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri May 27, 2016 10:53 pm

wait have i missed this, 1145 local time in lisbon is much and such the same as UK I thought

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri May 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Its running late. They should be on soon

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri May 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Si wrote:Its running late. They should be on soon

Thanks, i went in facetime when i seen korn at 1045, thought id got it arse about face, now i know to pour another beer ... Rock on

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri May 27, 2016 11:01 pm

Korn has endless technical issues with the sound failing three times, and in the end just gave up. Hopefully they are fixing everything before the HV start. They are due on next though assuming everything can be fixed.
If it isn`t this will be terrible.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Fri May 27, 2016 11:04 pm

Yeah i hadn't a clue what was going on but wasn't paying too much attention just noticed they disappeared abruptly. Now you've said that this delay is making me wonder

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Hollywood Vampires Lisbon Live Stream Start time

Post by rgallie » Fri May 27, 2016 11:13 pm

Never noticed the sync till i started looking for it lol, hopefully not too many close ups then

Edit...been worth it just to see Alice play harmonica live in a big show

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Mon May 30, 2016 8:24 pm

certainly worth looking at, with a lot of other songs than on the Rio gig
Rebel, rebel
come together, to name a few
the band seems more at ease than in Rio, imho
you really wouldn't understand..

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 am

It's been touched on before but anyone else feel the chemistry isn't there between the band. From what I've seen it looks like Depp and also surprisingly Joe Perry are very sloppy IMO.
Compare Schools Out with Hollywood Vampires to Alice's band and it's not even a contest. Makes you realise how good and tight Alice's touring band actually is. From a guitar point of view I'd say Tommy is keeping the Vampires to being a manageable force, without him it would be an absolute car crash.
I think it's fair to say Alice isn't as comfortable in the HV's band as he always seems to be looking around to see what part of the song they are playing.
I understand the touring band having been playing shows pretty much none stop for a year to two years with the current line up compared to the HV's who just seem to have a couple of run throughs before each leg of a tour.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:44 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:It's been touched on before but anyone else feel the chemistry isn't there between the band. From what I've seen it looks like Depp and also surprisingly Joe Perry are very sloppy IMO.
Compare Schools Out with Hollywood Vampires to Alice's band and it's not even a contest. Makes you realise how good and tight Alice's touring band actually is. From a guitar point of view I'd say Tommy is keeping the Vampires to being a manageable force, without him it would be an absolute car crash.
I think it's fair to say Alice isn't as comfortable in the HV's band as he always seems to be looking around to see what part of the song they are playing.
I understand the touring band having been playing shows pretty much none stop for a year to two years with the current line up compared to the HV's who just seem to have a couple of run throughs before each leg of a tour.
Well. The touring band consists of top of the line professionals. The band does get overlooked a lot here, because: reasons that are best not got into in this thread.

Joe Perry is a rocker, a fine player etc, but primarily a rocker and not a virtuoso of his instrument. Depp is almost an amateur by now. What did people expect? Of course they will look bad compared to the touring band. The good news is there are not many bands that wouldn't. Seriously Alice's band is the top of the top echelon of quality.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:32 am

Maaki wrote: Well. The touring band consists of top of the line professionals. The band does get overlooked a lot here, because: reasons that are best not got into in this thread.
Joe Perry is a rocker, a fine player etc, but primarily a rocker and not a virtuoso of his instrument. Depp is almost an amateur by now. What did people expect? Of course they will look bad compared to the touring band. The good news is there are not many bands that wouldn't. Seriously Alice's band is the top of the top echelon of quality.
I've seen Aerosmith in concert & they were "Sloppy" but that was when they had substance abuse problems - it may not be Joe's fault - he's just having fun. Johnny has other distractions - I felt he held his own until this media onslaught. Still the show must go on... *stfight*
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:15 am

Maaki wrote:
bigbradwolf wrote:It's been touched on before but anyone else feel the chemistry isn't there between the band. From what I've seen it looks like Depp and also surprisingly Joe Perry are very sloppy IMO.
Well. The touring band consists of top of the line professionals. The band does get overlooked a lot here, because: reasons that are best not got into in this thread.

Have any of the top three ever come up with the leads Joe Perry has? What a load of crap. Depp is hardly Linda McCartney either. Alice et al rave about his playing.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:48 am

pitkin88 wrote: Have any of the top three ever come up with the leads Joe Perry has? What a load of crap. Depp is hardly Linda McCartney either. Alice et al rave about his playing.
How many of the leads Joe Perry has come up with has Joe Perry actually come up with?

Anyway, as I said, he is a rocker. I am not putting him down, I love Aerosmith as a general all (well maybe not the mid 90s version as much but still). It is just that as far as playing goes current touring band plays circles around pretty much anyone. I do know that you don't appreciate them, and you are certainly free to have your opinion.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:50 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote: I've seen Aerosmith in concert & they were "Sloppy" but that was when they had substance abuse problems - it may not be Joe's fault - he's just having fun. Johnny has other distractions - I felt he held his own until this media onslaught. Still the show must go on... *stfight*
Sure. I am not putting them down as much as pointing out that the touring band is actually pretty damn great and anyone that gets compared to them directly like HV does will come up short.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:20 am

Maaki wrote:
pitkin88 wrote: Have any of the top three ever come up with the leads Joe Perry has? What a load of crap. Depp is hardly Linda McCartney either. Alice et al rave about his playing.
How many of the leads Joe Perry has come up with has Joe Perry actually come up with?

Anyway, as I said, he is a rocker. I am not putting him down, I love Aerosmith as a general all (well maybe not the mid 90s version as much but still). It is just that as far as playing goes current touring band plays circles around pretty much anyone. I do know that you don't appreciate them, and you are certainly free to have your opinion.

Who came up with them then?
I have nothing against Alice's backing group. He has always had a cast of great backing musicians. The current outfit as far as I know have not came up with anything that would compare to Sweet Emotion or Walk This Way. One of the band was in a tribute band for Christ's sake.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:32 am

can't imagine Depp's mind is fully on the gigs at the mo.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 pm

pitkin88 wrote: Who came up with them then?
I have nothing against Alice's backing group. He has always had a cast of great backing musicians. The current outfit as far as I know have not came up with anything that would compare to Sweet Emotion or Walk This Way. One of the band was in a tribute band for Christ's sake.
I am not going to be drawn into this with you, but I will respond to you once more out of courtesy.

Quite a few other people have been on guitar instead of Perry on Aerosmith records. It is the same deal as with Ace Frehley for example. In my opinion this is not a knock on a player, it was the way it was done back in those days. There was a good discussion on it regarding Dick Wagner and / or Steve Hunter. Search and refer to that if you like.

Playing a song live is a different thing than writing a song. I said that I like Aerosmith, Perry and his work. There are three more proficent players of guitar in Alice's touring band in 2016, though. Furthermore the band is super professional well rehearsed and disciplined. This leads to very tight performances not many bands in the world would be able to match including but not limited to HV and many many others featuring better writers than anyone in Alice's band.

Now. If you still want to argue go right ahead. If you just want to disagree, fair enough. But I am not going to draw it out to you for the third time.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:30 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Maaki wrote:

Who came up with them then?

Are you saying a good musician is one that can create great riffs but not play live all too well?