Bernie Taupin

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Bernie Taupin

Post by tim10cc » Thu May 12, 2016 2:18 pm

I am as many others are excited about the ACG album in the works.

I would love to see Bernie & AC together again (Minus the drugs) Elton John hasn't rocked out on albums for a while. I bet Bernie would have some great ideas for a ROCKING AC album!!!
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Bernie Taupin

Post by Keith1980 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:59 pm

They did a great job on from the inside. I think at that point he was the most scariest alice ever. Or at least the most disturbing. I wish he would bringthat alice back. Hes an actor he could act stoned lol

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:29 am

Based on what Alice's assistant Kyle said, the original members and Alice have only done a bit of writing together that may or may not make the album. My understanding is it really isn't much different than their contributions on W2MN.It may or may not happen, but I think some fans are setting themselves up for a fall.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:16 am

cooperrocks wrote:Based on what Alice's assistant Kyle said, the original members and Alice have only done a bit of writing together that may or may not make the album. My understanding is it really isn't much different than their contributions on W2MN.It may or may not happen, but I think some fans are setting themselves up for a fall.

Is that the album that was coming out in January of this year?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:47 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Way to go!! :clap: That kind of sarcasm will allow us to hear the next one in January 2018!! :/
Make a note, it's been predicted!! :8):
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:26 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:
Way to go!! :clap: That kind of sarcasm will allow us to hear the next one in January 2018!! :/
Make a note, it's been predicted!! :8):

I have that much power so don't annoy me or I'll make it 2020. :nono:

JasonC
Trash
Trash

Post by JasonC » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:17 pm

can you believe it, he could most likely beat the gap between the last temptation and brutal planet

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:09 am

as long as its not like acas where he spent ages waiting for the production team (thats what i remember him talking about anyway) and then we got another low bar entry. (still not as bad as dirt diamonds but its close!)
At least he has bob ezrin again now, so quality should be there, (his only low spot for alice has been lace and whiskey for my money) W2MN was a sterling release.
I live in hope of another classic, just no more lame Hollywood vampires, please!

i'd be interested in a bernie taupin but has he still got the chops? i know nothing of any recent output at all.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:48 am

JasonC wrote:can you believe it, he could most likely beat the gap between the last temptation and brutal planet
He did do the Hollywood Vampires

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:50 pm

NO to Bernie Terrapin. Just NO.

Keith1980
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Keith1980 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:22 am

Alice and phil Collins would be interesting. Listen to phil do a song like mama frim when he was in genesis. They would work great.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:38 am

I like what Alice and Bernie did together for From The Inside. I'd be more open to Alice and Bernie writing another album together over another Ezrin outing, because I think W2MN and the HV album are two of the dumbest things Alice has released. I would only rate W2MN higher than Trash, Constrictor, Hollywood Vampires, and Along Came A Spider. Those five albums are all void of any substance, and I have little hope that it will get turned around and the last three. I don't know if Bernie could make it better, but at this point, why not give it a shot?

As far as Elton and Bernie, they have gone back a bit to the 70s style on Elton's last 4 albums. Nowhere near as great as those early albums, but they have all had their moments.