~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Album!

Post by dadascot » Fri May 13, 2016 7:36 am

Obviously this is very early day's and we are not holding our breath but it is exciting news and what most people on here have been waiting for. For me the most important aspect is Alice sitting down for two weeks writing and playing with MB. That is a long time to re-bond. If, and it is a very big if, this album comes out with a new HV album and a European tour, what a great time to be an AC fan, let's get some positivity flowing on here!

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri May 13, 2016 3:33 pm

Good to hear the news of a new album. Always good to hear new material.

Daveyy
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Daveyy » Fri May 13, 2016 4:30 pm

I remember reading in an interview somewhere that Coop was thinking of heading down the live full band 'garage rock' route with the new album, much like TEOAC and DD albums. I hope this hasn't been scrapped.

However, the news of the original band writing together again is pretty exciting! If the new material sounds anything like the songs they wrote for the W2MN album, then I'll be happy!
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Fri May 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Si wrote:
TodayMueller wrote: who decides which songs are good.
Do we know who will be the producer ?
Bob Ezrin presumably is producing. And Alice and Bob will decide what songs are on it.
Well, then I hope we'll get to hear the stuff that is binned by Alice and Bob at some later stage.
I don't have great confidence in the two's judgement these days.
But, I am hopeful. Maybe we'll finally have a great Copper album again.
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:10 pm

TodayMueller wrote:
Si wrote:
TodayMueller wrote: who decides which songs are good.
Do we know who will be the producer ?
Bob Ezrin presumably is producing. And Alice and Bob will decide what songs are on it.
Well, then I hope we'll get to hear the stuff that is binned by Alice and Bob at some later stage.
I don't have great confidence in the two's judgement these days.
But, I am hopeful. Maybe we'll finally have a great Copper album again.

All Killer no filler.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sat May 14, 2016 1:31 am

These are all amazingly talented people and they have a chance to really make a musical statement. Be daring! Give us a couple songs that are over 5-6 minutes long. Don't play it safe. David Bowie's Black Star is an incredible album by an artist that was nearly 70 years old. I think Alice needs to be pushed sometimes to achieve his artistic heights. Here's hoping Dennis, Neal, and Michael if they are reading this, will help push along and create an album that they can be proud of for their legacy. Same with Bob Ezrin. For crying out loud he produced classics like WTMN and The Wall, to say nothing of Dada. If they go all out to the best of their talents, the album will sell better than previous Alice albums. Word of mouth will push sales. Lots of people of all ages are looking for quality rock music.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Sat May 14, 2016 1:31 am

Crossing fingers.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat May 14, 2016 1:56 am

That's a lot of pressure! They need to be left alone to do what they've done before, create! They're Artists - let this germinate & grow, we can just hope that the project can move toward a release shortly. At this preliminary stage too much input from outside sources can have negative results & be very distracting. Congrats on the boys all working together again! :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat May 14, 2016 4:45 am

So according to the internetz and my Facebook news feed, the original Alice Cooper is reuniting and recording a brand new album which will be "Killer 2" and will practically be embarking on a stadium tour.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat May 14, 2016 7:29 am

Devon wrote:So according to the internetz and my Facebook news feed, the original Alice Cooper is reuniting and recording a brand new album which will be "Killer 2" and will practically be embarking on a stadium tour.
It is very funny and, of course, likely to be complete pish.

I fail to see how this is any different to Welcome 2 My Nightmare based on the information currently available.

Unless I'm missing something?
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat May 14, 2016 8:23 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
Devon wrote:So according to the internetz and my Facebook news feed, the original Alice Cooper is reuniting and recording a brand new album which will be "Killer 2" and will practically be embarking on a stadium tour.

I fail to see how this is any different to Welcome 2 My Nightmare based on the information currently available.

You aren`t missing anything. That is exactly what it is at this stage. Alice is working on some songs with the original guys, exactly like W2MN.

Unfortunately most of the news headlines are misleading, and many people on facebook etc aren`t bothering to actually read what Alice said, and are going bonkers based just on the misleading headlines. They are likely just setting themselves up for a big disappointment and will now be posting for years about how Alice said he was reuniting the band and then it didn`t happen. They will feel robbed based on the those headlines.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat May 14, 2016 8:46 am

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:

You aren`t missing anything. That is exactly what it is at this stage. Alice is working on some songs with the original guys, exactly like W2MN.

Unfortunately most of the news headlines are misleading, and many people on facebook etc aren`t bothering to actually read what Alice said, and are going bonkers based just on the misleading headlines. They are likely just setting themselves up for a big disappointment and will now be posting for years about how Alice said he was reuniting the band and then it didn`t happen. They will feel robbed based on the those headlines.
The Facebook generation.

"I didn't read the article, but let me tell you what I think of the headline".
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat May 14, 2016 9:34 am

wind_up_toy wrote:
Si wrote: It is very funny and, of course, likely to be complete pish.

The Facebook generation.

"I didn't read the article, but let me tell you what I think of the headline".[/quote]

Yep. One comment I saw was "OMG OMG Any place any time I'm sooo there"..which is silly as he/she obviously isn`t that big a fan if they don`t know that it's already happened, more then once, and they obviously weren`t there!

What they actually mean is "oh that's cool, I like 'Poison', if they play somewhere close by me in the future, and I notice before it happens, I may pop down with my phone to record 20 minutes of bad footage to say "I was there", while complaining they didn`t play Poison and that Frankenstein song.".

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Sat May 14, 2016 9:41 am

What is everyone's favorite song on "Killer 2: Even More Killier?"

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat May 14, 2016 10:12 am

From darkmenace:
"If they go all out to the best of their talents, the album will sell better than previous Alice albums."

I don't know where to even begin with this post.

alicebackstage
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by alicebackstage » Sat May 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Hey gang! So, without giving anything away I wanted to sort of toss a few thoughts in. First, Alice is definitely working with Neal and Mike, in Phoenix. There's no new producer working with Alice. They have demo'd some stuff. Dennis's had already sent stuff in and Alice had heard it, but that was a while back. Dennis gave Alice a demo of a lot of material he had been working on at home, which will be thrown into the mix. Also Neal and Dennis both were at a show recently. It's great to see them working on stuff. But I want to caution everyone against hoping for a "reunion" of sorts. We have no idea, the guys included, what this material will turn into and even if it'll end up being an album. Alice is excited about it, but you never really know. I've heard some of it and it is really cool material. Time will tell where it leads. As it was pointed out this year is INSANE schedule wise. Alice literally has less than 10 days at home between now and the end of the October run. There are many dates to be announced still. So, he is going to really have a hard time finding any time to work on it before the end of the year, and my gut tells me he will want to rest. Also for anyone who is interested there will be a Christmas pudding and it is going to be on December 3rd, hopefully. Not sure if that's been announced yet. Final thought - your thoughts and input are read by Alice and everyone else. We have recently dropped a cover and inserted Woman Of Mass Distraction. The band (touring band) is working on a few others to drop into the set as well. So hopefully there will be some variation! There are a few songs in the pipe that Alice hasn't played in a long time! But given we have just a handful of shows before the vampires start it may be the next leg before they get performed. Much love to you guys and thanks for loving Alice, even if you don't love what he's doing at this very moment.

Kyler

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:45 pm

So, with such a busy schedule, a new album this year might not be on the cards. Why did Alice bring this up in an interview?

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Sat May 14, 2016 3:47 pm

alicebackstage wrote:Hey gang! So, without giving anything away I wanted to sort of toss a few thoughts in. First, Alice is definitely working with Neal and Mike, in Phoenix. There's no new producer working with Alice. They have demo'd some stuff. Dennis's had already sent stuff in and Alice had heard it, but that was a while back. Dennis gave Alice a demo of a lot of material he had been working on at home, which will be thrown into the mix. Also Neal and Dennis both were at a show recently. It's great to see them working on stuff. But I want to caution everyone against hoping for a "reunion" of sorts. We have no idea, the guys included, what this material will turn into and even if it'll end up being an album. Alice is excited about it, but you never really know. I've heard some of it and it is really cool material. Time will tell where it leads. As it was pointed out this year is INSANE schedule wise. Alice literally has less than 10 days at home between now and the end of the October run. There are many dates to be announced still. So, he is going to really have a hard time finding any time to work on it before the end of the year, and my gut tells me he will want to rest. Also for anyone who is interested there will be a Christmas pudding and it is going to be on December 3rd, hopefully. Not sure if that's been announced yet. Final thought - your thoughts and input are read by Alice and everyone else. We have recently dropped a cover and inserted Woman Of Mass Distraction. The band (touring band) is working on a few others to drop into the set as well. So hopefully there will be some variation! There are a few songs in the pipe that Alice hasn't played in a long time! But given we have just a handful of shows before the vampires start it may be the next leg before they get performed. Much love to you guys and thanks for loving Alice, even if you don't love what he's doing at this very moment.

Kyler
Thank you for the brilliant update. There is so much negativity on this site. I am sure that 90% of Alice fans are happy and excited that the guys are working together on any capacity. Writing and demoing songs is superb news. I'm sure that most would agree that the band stuff on W2MN was the standout material so even if only three or four of the songs make it onto the next album that will be superb. A whole album would be mana from heaven! Would be great to hear one or two early eighties songs on the European leg, presuming there is to be one. And to the last three or four posts that brought in the usual bitching and moaning lets just be happy the guy's are working together again.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:58 pm

Si wrote:
wind_up_toy wrote:
Si wrote: It is very funny and, of course, likely to be complete pish.

The Facebook generation.

"I didn't read the article, but let me tell you what I think of the headline".
Yep. One comment I saw was "OMG OMG Any place any time I'm sooo there"..which is silly as he/she obviously isn`t that big a fan if they don`t know that it's already happened, more then once, and they obviously weren`t there!

What they actually mean is "oh that's cool, I like 'Poison', if they play somewhere close by me in the future, and I notice before it happens, I may pop down with my phone to record 20 minutes of bad footage to say "I was there", while complaining they didn`t play Poison and that Frankenstein song.".[/quote]

I did not see the post you are referring to but I would guess that the poster would be talking about a paying Alice Cooper gig. One that you can buy a ticket for. Not the pudding or some secret record store gig.