New Album!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

New Album!

Post by andyrew » Wed May 11, 2016 1:54 am

Harking back to the Killer days! This will be epic, but hopefully the style remains the same throughout the whole album.

Thoughts?

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: New Album!

Post by killer wolf » Wed May 11, 2016 7:31 am

No thoughts yet, just hopeful. ACAS was hyped, i hated it, W2MN was hyped, loved it (to death). If it's as strong as he says though, can we expect a proper tour on its back? or at least the total replacement of all the covers w/ 4 or 5 new songs?
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sickthing » Wed May 11, 2016 7:57 am

Well...3-4 songs written with Michael and Neal, 3 songs with Dennis...here's hoping they write one or two more together and make it a reunion album!

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Wed May 11, 2016 9:50 am

Glad to see he's writing with the original guys , but still a long way off , he hasn't even seen or heard Dennis' stuff yet .

Will believe it when I see it

Night Shift
Seven Deadly Sins
Alan Menken album

all been talked up by Alice but never appeared

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed May 11, 2016 10:52 am

nurserozetta wrote: Seven Deadly Sins
Alan Menken album
Same thing, and it was called "The Seven Deadly" for some reason.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Any thoughts on when this might appear? His schedule looks fully booked with touring until October, except for a break in September.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Wed May 11, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm meeting him for the first time this weekend! I'll ask him ;)

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Wed May 11, 2016 3:45 pm

He is playing covers in his own show, but planning more originals with HV (seems backwards).

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Wed May 11, 2016 3:51 pm

1 less cover in that setlist and replaced with WoMD ... a further step in the right direction for those who don't enjoy the covers as much.

AliceFan
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by AliceFan » Thu May 12, 2016 3:43 am

TeresofBlood wrote:I'm meeting him for the first time this weekend! I'll ask him ;)
Will you I assume be attending the lynn, MA show on may 14th sat ? Love to see what Alice's answer will be regarding when album will be planned for release . Cause I'll be seeing Alice at the lynn show as well.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 pm

AliceFan wrote:
TeresofBlood wrote:I'm meeting him for the first time this weekend! I'll ask him ;)
Will you I assume be attending the lynn, MA show on may 14th sat ? Love to see what Alice's answer will be regarding when album will be planned for release . Cause I'll be seeing Alice at the lynn show as well.
See ya there! :clap:

unfinished sweet
Trash
Trash

Post by unfinished sweet » Thu May 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Probably will end up with a few songs with the original band but will be an Alice Cooper album. The artist and producer will go through 30 songs and pick 10 that will make the album. Hopefully some of the ones he's writing with the original band will make it. Same thing was done on Welcome to my nightmare ll. If the songs with the old band aren't good, please don't put them on it. It would seem to gimmicky and I want good songs to be on the album regardless of who writes them. Maybe another themed album. If the Hollywood Vampires album is going to have mostly original songs on it it appears to me that Alice may be transitioning to that based on the attention (thanks to Johnny Depp) they're getting. We'll see. Interesting point in his career.

TodayMueller
Killer
Killer

Post by TodayMueller » Thu May 12, 2016 7:54 pm

unfinished sweet wrote:Probably will end up with a few songs with the original band but will be an Alice Cooper album. The artist and producer will go through 30 songs and pick 10 that will make the album. Hopefully some of the ones he's writing with the original band will make it. Same thing was done on Welcome to my nightmare ll. If the songs with the old band aren't good, please don't put them on it. It would seem to gimmicky and I want good songs to be on the album regardless of who writes them. Maybe another themed album. If the Hollywood Vampires album is going to have mostly original songs on it it appears to me that Alice may be transitioning to that based on the attention (thanks to Johnny Depp) they're getting. We'll see. Interesting point in his career.
That's the thing, who decides which songs are good.
Do we know who will be the producer ?
I just hope there will be some progressive stuff on it with some cool arrangemets.
If it's supposed to be Killer #2, hopefully there will be more Halo of Flies than Be my Lover.
And I hope Neal and Dennis will have lots of influence.
Lotsa hope but not too much expectation.
Have no gods before me, I'm the light !

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu May 12, 2016 8:22 pm

From TodayMueller:
"If it's supposed to be Killer #2"

Nobody has actually said that.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu May 12, 2016 9:12 pm

TodayMueller wrote: who decides which songs are good.
Do we know who will be the producer ?
Bob Ezrin presumably is producing. And Alice and Bob will decide what songs are on it.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Thu May 12, 2016 9:39 pm

I say go all the way with the classic band concept. Sink or swim with it. Alice's albums don't sell very well so nothing would be lost. Worse would be a mishmash of different types of sounds between the classic band and the new one. If the goal is to be like Killer, that means a lot more instrumentals. Crossing my fingers but also realistic that it may not be daring enough but a disappointing hybrid that I thought W2MN was.

Ladadadada
Trash
Trash

Post by Ladadadada » Fri May 13, 2016 2:36 am

At Alice's golf tournament this year my buddy and I had the pleasure of golfing with Neal. He was telling us that that he was very excited to be working with Alice and Michael on some new songs. He did not give a timeline but said they were all happy with what they have done so far. He had said it would be whole album with the original members. We asked about a tour, he told us that if it would happen it would be more of a limited number of shows as opposed to a regular Alice tour. But he said things could change as the project progressed.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri May 13, 2016 2:57 am

Please NO Killer 2.
Give us an album with one original sound and not the mixed bag of songs like on Wtmn 2.
Of course I hope on an album wih the old group but I don't see that happen.
Also a long (world)tour is not in the future for us and I think a few shows on every continents would be great and enough.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:44 am

I think people are reading way to much into what Alice is saying. I am just very happy for the boys. I would love a whole album but will take whatever we get.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri May 13, 2016 6:31 am

unfinished sweet wrote:Probably will end up with a few songs with the original band but will be an Alice Cooper album. The artist and producer will go through 30 songs and pick 10 that will make the album. Hopefully some of the ones he's writing with the original band will make it. Same thing was done on Welcome to my nightmare ll. If the songs with the old band aren't good, please don't put them on it. It would seem to gimmicky and I want good songs to be on the album regardless of who writes them. Maybe another themed album. If the Hollywood Vampires album is going to have mostly original songs on it it appears to me that Alice may be transitioning to that based on the attention (thanks to Johnny Depp) they're getting. We'll see. Interesting point in his career.
Depp's star is in free fall. I would hope Alice gets over HV soon.

As for the album I just want good songs. I kinda have to agree that it would be good to have a uniform sound and it will be very hard with the old band and the current members being so different.

So. Can we have two albums, please? :)