Is The Casual Fan Ruining Alice Cooper?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Is The Casual Fan Ruining Alice Cooper?

Post by pitkin88 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:01 am

killer wolf wrote:regarding multiple instruments, i was watching Metallica's S&M DVD and i tell you waht, that orchestra's taking the p155, no one needs that many violins etc...

Quite a few weeping violins in Newcastle tonight. Go have a pint in Sunderland.

Phil
Trash
Trash

Post by Phil » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:26 pm

It's probably important to differentiate between casual fan, big fan and fanatic here.
I'm In the latter category here, I've been a fan since 97, when I was 12, own every album
On tape/vinyl/cd, go to 3 shows per tour since brutal planet (generally), on my 5th meet and greet,
Have alice tattoos, every room in my house is adorned with tour posters....
Anyway, the set list that i want to hear would include, scarlet and Sheba, run down the devil, you look good in rags,
Somewhere in the jungle, space pirates, your my temptation.... You get the idea.
My mates however, the Alice fans, rather than fanatics, own killer, trash, billion dollar babies and maybe a couple of
Greatest hits (one guy owns zipper too, although that was a gift from myself and I don't think it gets played much),
Point being, if Alice gave us fanatics the set lists we are craving, a group of probably 50 people in a crowd of 5000 go home happy.
We just have to have faith that a big, theatrical tour is on the horizon somewhere. I got a bit jaded with the EOAC, DD, bare bones and
Psychodrama tours being far too similar to one another, then BANG, we get theatre of death.
Keep the faith.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Phil wrote:It's probably important to differentiate between casual fan, big fan and fanatic here.
I'm In the latter category here, I've been a fan since 97, when I was 12, own every album
On tape/vinyl/cd, go to 3 shows per tour since brutal planet (generally), on my 5th meet and greet,
Have alice tattoos, every room in my house is adorned with tour posters....
Anyway, the set list that i want to hear would include, scarlet and Sheba, run down the devil, you look good in rags,
Somewhere in the jungle, space pirates, your my temptation.... You get the idea.
My mates however, the Alice fans, rather than fanatics, own killer, trash, billion dollar babies and maybe a couple of
Greatest hits (one guy owns zipper too, although that was a gift from myself and I don't think it gets played much),
Point being, if Alice gave us fanatics the set lists we are craving, a group of probably 50 people in a crowd of 5000 go home happy.
We just have to have faith that a big, theatrical tour is on the horizon somewhere. I got a bit jaded with the EOAC, DD, bare bones and
Psychodrama tours being far too similar to one another, then BANG, we get theatre of death.
Keep the faith.

Don't Stop Believing. It is highly unlikely the shows and songs will change.Been debated to death here. The big CNN announcement was going to be the ( yawn ) Elected comedy campaign with a stale version of the classic song for you to bump your fists to.Keep applauding the crutch or stay at home.

Phil
Trash
Trash

Post by Phil » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:55 am

We live in hope.

I would love a tour that at least had a nod to the blackout albums, not sure how that
Could work theatricaly but imagine the raise the dead set up, however, instead of the cover song
Section, we get a song from each album,

Aspirin damage
You look good in rags
I like girls
No mans land / pass the gun around

It could be called 'Alice cooper - back to the blackout'

The hits before and after in the same raise the dead set up but a trip to Alice's own personal hell
Instead of the grave of the vampires.

Casual fan is happy, big fans happy, fanatics ecstatic.

You heard it here first!!!!

Back to the blackout!!!!