Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's Facebook Page

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:34 pm

SickThings wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:From jram:
"but risks missing that occasional important/interesting announcement."

You won't and you can trust me on that.
You can miss timely announcements, though, even if you have Liked the FB page. When tickets went on sale for the upcoming Nashville show, the information was posted about an hour before the start of the sale on the AC FB page. It was not posted to Twitter at that same time, as far as I know. But I still didn't see the post because FB decided not to show it to me. I found out about the presale later and wondered how others heard about it, but I didn't. When I specifically went looking for it and went to the AC FB page, I discovered the post, which was not shown in my newsfeed, sandwiched between clickbait posts that were in my newsfeed.

Hunter

I guess Andy thinks the announcements are not important and FB is not that important apart from the important revenue it generates

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:41 pm

I had an interesting experience with the Facebook page recently.

I sent a message asking if Alice would watch a trailer to my upcoming feature film, Beyond the Dreamcatcher, which has some nightmarish "trip" sequences inspired in part by the original Nightmare show.

I'm meeting Alice (for the first time) at a meet-and-greet in May and my hope was to get his reaction to the trailer and establish myself in his mind as a filmmaker with a voice (that happens to be chanting his name), and screen it for him down the line.

Anyway, I received a reply that said "We are not in touch with Alice," and it was signed "one of the admins." Whether "one of the admins" is one of the admins, Kyler, or the man himself, I was given the kiss-off of death.

-Dan

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:38 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:I had an interesting experience with the Facebook page recently.

I sent a message asking if Alice would watch a trailer to my upcoming feature film, Beyond the Dreamcatcher, which has some nightmarish "trip" sequences inspired in part by the original Nightmare show.

I'm meeting Alice (for the first time) at a meet-and-greet in May and my hope was to get his reaction to the trailer and establish myself in his mind as a filmmaker with a voice (that happens to be chanting his name), and screen it for him down the line.

Anyway, I received a reply that said "We are not in touch with Alice," and it was signed "one of the admins." Whether "one of the admins" is one of the admins, Kyler, or the man himself, I was given the kiss-off of death.

-Dan

There is a huge chance that it was Alice as some of the admins have quit due to losses and Alice was more than likely filling in for himself. Three minutes with Alice should be ample for you to convince him of your film making prowess. I have heard he is a big fan of horror movies and, if good enough, could sway Shep into investing. If it doesn't work the first time keep on top of it by attending as many meet and greets as you. $725 sounds a lot but if it gets the film made it's well worth it and could be a tax write off.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:40 pm

Do you have a song in mind for Alice to sing in the movie? Maybe that would also sway Shep. There is a guitar player of some merit who posts here but I have forgotten his name. Maybe he could help with the music.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:40 am

pitkin88 wrote:Do you have a song in mind for Alice to sing in the movie? Maybe that would also sway Shep. There is a guitar player of some merit who posts here but I have forgotten his name. Maybe he could help with the music.
I'd love to have Alice to an original song, whether for this movie or any other. I've envisioned the movie with a classic rock soundtrack from the beginning, though I'm pretty realistic about that fact that I'm not going to be able to afford to get the rights to those songs as they would cost more than the movie.

I'm using the HV versions of Jump Into the Fire and Cold Turkey over two different scenes and I'm planning to cut a trailer specifically tailored to Alice. Because that album was done for charity, I may have an actual chance at getting the rights to those.

My ultimate goal is to adapt one of his albums into a movie and have him play the horrifying role of a familiar character. That's a dream I've been holding onto for about 5 years now haha.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:01 am

That's a very good idea with the HV tracks as that would certainly attract his attention. Just googled the movie on IDMB and it sounds right up his back alley. Do you have a clip you can post here? His assistant checks in from time to time so free publicity.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:55 am

TeresofBlood wrote:
pitkin88 wrote:Do you have a song in mind for Alice to sing in the movie? Maybe that would also sway Shep. There is a guitar player of some merit who posts here but I have forgotten his name. Maybe he could help with the music.
I'd love to have Alice to an original song, whether for this movie or any other. I've envisioned the movie with a classic rock soundtrack from the beginning, though I'm pretty realistic about that fact that I'm not going to be able to afford to get the rights to those songs as they would cost more than the movie.

I'm using the HV versions of Jump Into the Fire and Cold Turkey over two different scenes and I'm planning to cut a trailer specifically tailored to Alice. Because that album was done for charity, I may have an actual chance at getting the rights to those.

My ultimate goal is to adapt one of his albums into a movie and have him play the horrifying role of a familiar character. That's a dream I've been holding onto for about 5 years now haha.

My best advice is to make the most of your meet and greet with Alice. I would suggest taking along a whole host of promo materials for your film. Maybe throw together some ad slicks, press releases, still photos, a copy of the shooting script, etc. I would also advise taking a laptop to show him the trailer, as a smart phone will not do it justice.

Also, you may want to contact Alive Enterprises prior to the meet and greet. I think you should send them a package of the same materials you will be showing to Alice. That way, if Alice likes what he sees and picks up the phone and calls Shep, Shep too will also have instant access to the materials.

when it comes to the soundtrack. You might be on to something with the HV tracks. I would also bring that up to Alice as he may be able to give you advice as to how to go about licensing those tracks. As Pitkin stated, there is a member on here who composes original songs and has written a few that he wrote with Alice in mind. You may want to contact him--and possibly have a collaboration that might end up being just downright scary!

At any rate--hopefully you can post a link to the trailer. Some people in Alice's inner circle read this forum from time to time.

Let us know how things progress Good luck!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:57 am

Something just hit me---is your meet and greet at an Alice show or a Hollywood Vampires show?

Hopefully you scheduled it for a HV show as you may be able to also have Johhny Depp see the trailer and hear your pitch. Depp is known to personally finance projects which are of interest to him. Sometimes he'll even make cameos in such projects.

Just a thought.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:34 am

mr.barlow wrote:Something just hit me---is your meet and greet at an Alice show or a Hollywood Vampires show?

Hopefully you scheduled it for a HV show as you may be able to also have Johhny Depp see the trailer and hear your pitch. Depp is known to personally finance projects which are of interest to him. Sometimes he'll even make cameos in such projects.

Just a thought.

Zingo!! After the Australia Doggie debacle, Depp is going to want to be seen as the good guy and maybe financing a newbies semi-homage to Alice and the HV might just be the ticket back to normalcy.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:44 am

Right now I'm too early in the post-production process to prepare press releases and other materials, but I appreciate the thought! I'm not ready to release a trailer to the public, but I'll definitely share the trailer here before I meet Alice. I'm working on it as we speak.

Ironically, the HV show came up after I purchased tickets with Alice alone.I'm going to the HV show but the meet and greet was too expensive, especially considering I just found out I'm having my second kid haha. I'm starting to regret that decision a little bit (the HV thing, not the pregnancy thing). Maybe if they aren't sold out I can get one and sell off the ticket

There's one thing I haven't considered is that I actually bought 2 meet and greets to meet Alice - one for me and one for my fiancé, who is almost as big a fan of me. So I guess that's double the time with Alice! Again, this was before the HV shows were announced.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:23 pm

From SickThings:
"When tickets went on sale for the upcoming Nashville show, the information was posted about an hour before the start of the sale on the AC FB page."

Sometimes, venues announce shows before they're actually supposed to.

>When I specifically went looking for it and went to the AC FB page, I discovered the post, which was not shown in my newsfeed, sandwiched between clickbait posts that were in my newsfeed.

That sounds like a Facebook issue though. If you subscribe to multiple sources (this page, or the equivalent on Facebook), you will surely get that information and quickly too.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:24 pm

From pitkin88:
"I guess Andy thinks the announcements are not important and FB is not that important apart from the important revenue it generates"

My "guess" is that you don't know what you're talking about, but I'm just guessing.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:55 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote: Sometimes, venues announce shows before they're actually supposed to.
That's true, but wasn't the case here. The AC FB page announced all of those May dates in the same post, an hour or so before the tickets went on sale.
That sounds like a Facebook issue though.
Yes, it definitely is. I was merely pointing out one of the problems caused when timely information is only posted to the FB page.
If you subscribe to multiple sources (this page, or the equivalent on Facebook), you will surely get that information and quickly too.
Not quickly enough in this case. Neither Si nor I saw the information in a timely manner, and as far as I know, the info on the presales was never posted to the AC Twitter feed. I posted it to SickThings2 as soon as I found it, but that was after the presale started.

Just one example, but one that affected me, which is why I know what I know about it.

The real problem---and this is not just an AC problem, but a social media problem---is that no matter what you do on Facebook or Twitter or whatever, you're still at the mercy of them (FB, Twitter) deciding to what to show you and when. Even with FB notifications on, I don't always get notified of posts until some time afterward. And with FB, in particular, deliberately not showing all page posts to all the people who Liked the page, the problem is magnified. (They deliberately do not show Page posts to all Likers so they can try to force Page admins to pay FB to "Boost Post" to reach more people. As an admin of several pages, it's quite infuriating.)

Hunter

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:21 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:Right now I'm too early in the post-production process to prepare press releases and other materials, but I appreciate the thought! I'm not ready to release a trailer to the public, but I'll definitely share the trailer here before I meet Alice. I'm working on it as we speak.

Ironically, the HV show came up after I purchased tickets with Alice alone.I'm going to the HV show but the meet and greet was too expensive, especially considering I just found out I'm having my second kid haha. I'm starting to regret that decision a little bit (the HV thing, not the pregnancy thing). Maybe if they aren't sold out I can get one and sell off the ticket

There's one thing I haven't considered is that I actually bought 2 meet and greets to meet Alice - one for me and one for my fiancé, who is almost as big a fan of me. So I guess that's double the time with Alice! Again, this was before the HV shows were announced.
That's good to hear that you have double the time with Alice. That way you could really give him specifics about your film. If you don't have any promotional materials available I would still suggest that you give him a USB stick that contains all types of information, photos, ect. Most importantly, be sure you give him a copy of the trailer on a USB stick. I would also give copies to Alice's assistant, and if possible the road manager. That way if Alice misplaces his there will be other copies around.

It would also be wise to stand out from the crowd. Nothing speaks louder than being an Alice Cooper diehard fan than wearing the eye makeup. I would also stress to Alice the parts of your film that were influenced by Welcome To My Nightmare and the effect that he has had on you in perfecting your craft.

As far as the HV show and meet & greet is concerned, maybe if all goes well with your meeting with Alice you can ask him if he could help you out with that. Tell him you'd like to meet up with him again to discuss things further, but your funds are limited due to your fiance's pregnancy. Alice is a big family man and I'm sure he will be thrilled for you and might just be able to throw you a few freebies!

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Remember to tell Alice that you've got your own certificate of insanity, so won't need one of his.

'Diamond Insanity' meet and greet for Alice: $725 (£504); Hollywood Vampires m&g: $1,500 (£1042).

https://goo.gl/hmUOhY

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:38 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:Right now I'm too early in the post-production process to prepare press releases and other materials, but I appreciate the thought! I'm not ready to release a trailer to the public, but I'll definitely share the trailer here before I meet Alice. I'm working on it as we speak.

Hey, Alice would make a great name for the baby!! You could also make a pic of the family and baby in full make up. I have to say I like the way you wear your glasses over the make up. Makes the character seem even more psychotic and is another way to stand out at your meet and greet.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:48 am

mr.barlow wrote:
If you don't have any promotional materials available I would still suggest that you give him a USB stick that contains all types of information, photos, ect. Most importantly, be sure you give him a copy of the trailer on a USB stick. I would also give copies to Alice's assistant, and if possible the road manager. That way if Alice misplaces his there will be other copies around.
That's a great idea! I will do that.
pitkin88 wrote:
Hey, Alice would make a great name for the baby!!
We seriously considered naming our (first) son Alice Cooper Lovetere. Well, about as seriously as Jack Nicholson Lovetere and Dario Argento Lovetere.

I appreciate all of the advice and cheerleading from the forum. You've really built me up a positive attitude about it. I've decided to go for the Hollywood Vampires meet and greet as there are still VIP packages available. I was a huge Johnny Depp fan prior to the vampires, so I owe it to myself to take a chance and make something wild happen. As Pitkin said previously, I'll be able to write it off as an expense against the movie anyway! :evil:

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:11 am

I've been waiting for this thread to pop up for a while.

I'm really not a fan of the junk that appears on Alice's Facebook page these days, but I've still 'liked' it for the odd great photo or nugget of information that pops up.

I think the current approach to managing the page probably reflects what Social Media is quite well. It's basically a minefield of information and opinion, some of it true, some of it nonsense and much of it contributed to by the great unwashed.

If you are after serious information then you need to visit traditional websites as these are generally more purposeful and factual.

Frankly, I'm staggered that anyone would think that they are interacting with Alice in any way, shape or form.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:26 am

From SickThings:
"That's true, but wasn't the case here. The AC FB page announced all of those May dates in the same post, an hour or so before the tickets went on sale."

Yes, that may be true, but, as you know, those posts on Facebook, don't appear automatically, in that they are not automatically generated. Someone still has to actually do it somewhere along the line and if there is a delay in doing that because that person is not available to 'hit the button', then the same information is not going to appear at the same time at all the outlets. To be honest, I don't understand why more people don't use alerts from Google which ensure you get ALL the news out there, not just the news that would normally appear on the Facebook page.

>Not quickly enough in this case. Neither Si nor I saw the information in a timely manner, and as far as I know, the info on the presales was never posted to the AC Twitter feed.

I think I saw it on Blabbermouth.net via an alert from Google before it was announced anywhere else and as for Twitter, that goes back to the point I just made. There are links in the chain - it doesn't happen automatically. I have seen shows on this tour announced by the venues even before they have been confirmed and just as those announcements are premature, some announcements are going to be late as well.

> As an admin of several pages, it's quite infuriating.)

Exactly and that's why I think alerts from Google are better.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:01 am

From concolz:
"'Diamond Insanity' meet and greet for Alice: $725 (£504);"

Not only are you distorting the truth, you don't even know what the truth is. The most expensive Diamond Insanity package I saw is around $650 and you omit to mention that it includes a ticket in the first five rows whereas the package that costs around "$725" is the Front Row Insanity package (the name of which contains the clue).