Alice's Facebook Page

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice's Facebook Page

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:48 am

wind_up_toy wrote:I've been waiting for this thread to pop up for a while.
Frankly, I'm staggered that anyone would think that they are interacting with Alice in any way, shape or form.
There is so much that comes The Masters way - unless he knows you personally (excluding Meet & Greets where he "Knows You" for 10 mins.) why would anyone think they were conversing W/Alice? This takes "Fan" to the edge of insanity & why he needs a buffer zone! *brick*
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:00 am

TeresofBlood wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:
If you don't have any promotional materials available I would still suggest that you give him a USB stick that contains all types of information, photos, ect. Most importantly, be sure you give him a copy of the trailer on a USB stick. I would also give copies to Alice's assistant, and if possible the road manager. That way if Alice misplaces his there will be other copies around.
That's a great idea! I will do that.
pitkin88 wrote:
Hey, Alice would make a great name for the baby!!
We seriously considered naming our (first) son Alice Cooper Lovetere. Well, about as seriously as Jack Nicholson Lovetere and Dario Argento Lovetere.

I appreciate all of the advice and cheerleading from the forum. You've really built me up a positive attitude about it. I've decided to go for the Hollywood Vampires meet and greet as there are still VIP packages available. I was a huge Johnny Depp fan prior to the vampires, so I owe it to myself to take a chance and make something wild happen. As Pitkin said previously, I'll be able to write it off as an expense against the movie anyway! :evil:
I just thought of a funny aside that may help you out. When you give Alice and the others the USB sticks you can make the joke that USB stands for "Use Shep's Backing". Hey it may stick with him--at least you'll get a chuckle and help break the ice.

I'm glad to hear you are going to a meet and greet with the HV. In all seriousness, I think that would be even more valuable as it involved Johnny Depp. He is also a very unique individual with a twisted sense of humor so as you said your plan to "make something wild happen" will probably be well received. Andy Warhol made sure that everything was an expense when it came to art--so use him as an example.

Keep us posted on the progress of your film and of the meet and greets.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:02 pm

KISS' facebook page just posted the following message:
As you ALL know, KISS is a lifestyle...

In addition to our regular KISS posts we're going to start sharing messages and articles that we think are cool and interesting and think you will too. So everything you've always loved will remain here but we're turning up the volume! Get into it!
I guess this means they're going down the same road?

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Tue May 03, 2016 6:52 pm

2 wrongs don't make a right ;-)
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue May 03, 2016 7:42 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:2 wrongs don't make a right ;-)
But it does make a lot of money!

You will see most bands, entertainers, actors, etc. going this route as their fan bases generate a lot of clicks which generates a lot of income!

I love the fact that people have found another way to make money. I'm all for people making money--better if it's LOTS of money. When I see people using their smarts and finding ways for people to part with their money it makes me smile!

BUT..Alice's Facebook page sucks because of it!

There can be a happy medium where everyone is happy--Alice and Shep can count more millions while the fans get great info, photos, video, etc. Hopefully, they will find a way for it to work as it should. The marketing aspects of SELLING Alice related goods through FB is beyond enormous. two clicks and you own some new piece of Alice and it's charged right to your credit card--or PayPal--or wherever. It's easier now to sell stuff than ever in the history of mankind!

I'm sure adjustments will be made and things will get better with the FB page. It can't get any worse!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:28 am

wind_up_toy wrote:2 wrongs don't make a right ;-)

Post of the day!!

jram
Killer
Killer

Post by jram » Sun May 22, 2016 1:49 am

Alice Cooper FB Page wrote:A lot of media coverage about this [Egyptair Paris-Cairo crash, 66 dead.] Really strange to me that nobody has figured out where this plane is yet. What do you think happened to it?
(Source)
Found my limit, unfollowed. Does Alice really need to have speculation about recent mass deaths encouraged in his name? Tasteless.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 am

jram wrote:
Alice Cooper FB Page wrote:A lot of media coverage about this [Egyptair Paris-Cairo crash, 66 dead.] Really strange to me that nobody has figured out where this plane is yet. What do you think happened to it?
(Source)
Found my limit, unfollowed. Does Alice really need to have speculation about recent mass deaths encouraged in his name? Tasteless.

I guess he needs the money.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sun May 22, 2016 8:59 am

Yeah that's pretty shameful and tasteless by whoever is running that page.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:00 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Yeah that's pretty shameful and tasteless by whoever is running that page.

The buck($) stops with Alice. It is not called whoever's FB page.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon May 23, 2016 12:31 am

pitkin88 wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Yeah that's pretty shameful and tasteless by whoever is running that page.

The buck($) stops with Alice. It is not called whoever's FB page.
Ah - There's the rub, most here know that Alice has little to do (next to nothing) with the internet himself.
However, "whoever" has a vested interest to bring the $$$ to that site. If it got soo out of hand, another employee hired/fired but if it generates the capitol & there's not a lot of disdain from the "Fans" that follow him on Facebook (I don't) the only venue is to air your grievance at a Meet & Greet. Anyone want to waste that "moment" to bring up the subject? :devil:

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon May 23, 2016 12:48 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote: Ah - There's the rub, most here know that Alice has little to do (next to nothing) with the internet himself.
However, "whoever" has a vested interest to bring the $$$ to that site. If it got soo out of hand, another employee hired/fired but if it generates the capitol & there's not a lot of disdain from the "Fans" that follow him on Facebook (I don't) the only venue is to air your grievance at a Meet & Greet. Anyone want to waste that "moment" to bring up the subject? :devil:
I'm a little curious if they were getting a number of negative responses about it that was starting to annoy them. Lots of people in comments were saying they had written in to express their displeasure with the current direction of the page. And sometime recently, the "message" feature has been disabled from the page.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Tue May 24, 2016 8:55 pm

I can't believe this is a topic of conversation. It surprises me that anyone would expect a Facebook page to be anything but promotion and hawking.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue May 24, 2016 9:13 pm

darkmenace wrote:I can't believe this is a topic of conversation. It surprises me that anyone would expect a Facebook page to be anything but promotion and hawking.
The reason was that up to a few months ago the page posted information about Alice Cooper. Now it posts endless rubbish.
There is nothing wrong with the page being used to sell stuff etc that might be of interest to Alice fans, but the crap that is posted has nothing to do with Alice.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Thu May 26, 2016 11:38 am

I might be alone here but whoever is posting them up has done a fairly decent job in my eyes. Not too heavy on the clickbait and generally his page seems a pretty fair representation of his interests and humour. The comments posted along with the stories are fairly well in keeping with his manner, too.

If he was selling teatowels and cursing every other word it would be a different story but this seems a rather good way to promote Alice and show him as a pretty interesting person.

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Thu May 26, 2016 12:20 pm

I quit following the page. It's bad enough my Timeline is filled with people who have absolutely nothing to say reposting click-bait links and stupid memes. I don't follow official pages just to have MORE of that crap.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu May 26, 2016 12:27 pm

ElectedPlus wrote:I might be alone here but whoever is posting them up has done a fairly decent job in my eyes. Not too heavy on the clickbait and generally his page seems a pretty fair representation of his interests and humour. The comments posted along with the stories are fairly well in keeping with his manner, too.

If he was selling teatowels and cursing every other word it would be a different story but this seems a rather good way to promote Alice and show him as a pretty interesting person.
Well, the last 10 posts have been as follows (together with my 'relevance to all things Alice Cooper score out of 10'):

1. Concert pic (10);
2. Image of a van with comedy blood on it (7, very him);
3. Mind bending photos (0);
4. Alice pic (10);
5. How people in the 90's saw the future pic (0);
6. Concert pic (10);
7. Alice pic (10);
8. Hoverbike article (0);
9. Car pic (3, he likes these cars); and
10. Outrageous movie theories (3).

So depending on your personal view, I think we're currently getting about 40% decent material, 50% unrelated garbage and a 10% sprinkling of material that is broadly in keeping with Alice's well known passions.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Thu May 26, 2016 4:17 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
ElectedPlus wrote:I might be alone here but whoever is posting them up has done a fairly decent job in my eyes. Not too heavy on the clickbait and generally his page seems a pretty fair representation of his interests and humour. The comments posted along with the stories are fairly well in keeping with his manner, too.

Well, the last 10 posts have been as follows (together with my 'relevance to all things Alice Cooper score out of 10'):

1. Concert pic (10);
2. Image of a van with comedy blood on it (7, very him);
3. Mind bending photos (0);
4. Alice pic (10);
5. How people in the 90's saw the future pic (0);
6. Concert pic (10);
7. Alice pic (10);
8. Hoverbike article (0);
9. Car pic (3, he likes these cars); and
10. Outrageous movie theories (3).

So depending on your personal view, I think we're currently getting about 40% decent material, 50% unrelated garbage and a 10% sprinkling of material that is broadly in keeping with Alice's well known passions.
I reckon that's a pretty fair scoring, but I'd say the person (people?) who manage this has a different sliding scale that is less concerned about being relevant and more about representing him and his interests. On that, I'd score them all highly - non of the postings are mean spirited, overly political or contentious, just as I've known Alice to be, and I can imagine him finding interest and humour in all of it. Even the comments sound like him.

Sure it's a quick buck for clicks and a way of getting his name out virally but I'm fairly happy that they seem to have their priorities and interests right when it comes to promoting his name and representing him fairly. Quite a few of his recent postings have been shared a good few thousand times, presumably by people who have found it interesting enough to spread around - I can only imagine how many people (non Alice fans, those who wern't aware he was still alive and active) would see it too.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri May 27, 2016 1:49 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote: Ah - There's the rub, most here know that Alice has little to do (next to nothing) with the internet himself.
Seems that the gripe isn't from all who have "Liked" A.C. on his Facebook page - should we just put this down as from those who won't even attend a show much less pay for a "Meet & Greet?"

NikToo
Trash
Trash

Post by NikToo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:53 pm

It's interesting that I actually found out about the UK tour from an ad while at the airport, and literally booked my tickets from my seat on the plane. Funnily enough, the one place that didn't mention was the clickbait Alice Cooper page...