glassonyonpr
Trash
Trash

Alice Cooper's “Muscle of Love” On 4.0 Quad SACD

Post by glassonyonpr » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:58 pm

For Immediate Release

Audio Fidelity To Release Alice Cooper's “Muscle of Love” On 4.0 Quad SACD

“Alice returns to a pure rock sound...one of his most revered albums ever.”

Alice Cooper fans rejoice! Marshall Blonstein's Audio Fidelity will be releasing the final Alice Cooper group album on 4.0 Quad SACD. Muscle of Love is the seventh studio album by Alice Cooper and it was the last album to feature the entire original band, and it was a true grand finale at that. Cooper stated in an interview at the time that the album marked a return to fundamentals. “It's not complicated in any sense...It's very basic rock & roll throughout.”

The two best-known tracks are undoubtedly the Top 20 anthem “Teenage Lament '74,” which features none other than Liza Minnelli, Ronnie Spector, Labelle and the Pointer Sisters on backing vocals, and the rollicking title track. But other tracks are just as good - the Led Zep-stomping opener, “Big Apple Dreamin' (Hippo),” the gentle “Hard Hearted Alice” (a precursor to Cooper's future ballad-oriented direction), the raging “Working Up a Sweat,” and “Man with the Golden Gun.”

The 1973 return to the band's more hard rock roots was a successful creative choice and catapulted Muscle Of Love into Billboard's Top 10 Album Chart. That sound, complete with the prog-rock/heavy metal workouts, has proven over the years to be a significant piece of the Alice Cooper legacy.

“One of the best albums of the genre...a hard rock classic!”

INCLUDES: Miniature replica of the Institute of Nude Wrestling book cover

TRACKS:
1. Big Apple Dreamin' (Hippo)
2. Never Been Sold Before
3. Hard Hearted Alice
4. Crazy Little Child
5. Working Up a Sweat
6. Muscle of Love
7. Man with the Golden Gun
8. Teenage Lament '74
9. Woman Machine

Produced by Jack Richardson, Jack Douglas
Mastered: Stereo CD, SACD & 4.0 Analog to High Definition DSD Digital Transfer: Steve Hoffman & Stephen Marsh

For more information: www.audiofidelity.net
Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158, glassonyonpr@gmail.com

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Alice Cooper's “Muscle of Love” On 4.0 Quad SACD

Post by Mr. Skull » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:14 pm

No thanks, I rather buy all the albums made by the real Hoff ( David Hasselhof )..

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Is this a re-master or are you going to take creative liberties again?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:21 pm

one of his most revered albums ever.” Somewhere Bob Davidson is fuming.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:22 pm

While Heaven Wept wrote:Is this a re-master or are you going to take creative liberties again?

That comment would have you swiftly sent to the cornfield on his site.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 pm

".one of his most revered albums ever.”"

:-/

i like it, but i'd say that statement is a bit of a stretch.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:25 am

I'd love to hear a Jack Douglas remix of this album.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:26 am

I'd love to hear a Jack Douglas remix of this album.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:31 am

I'm definitely up for this. I am not a fan of the album at all, but I like the audio fidelity mixes quite allot (although there are pluses and minuses to them all)
I think this will be interesting as i have never heard the quad mixes.
So i am definitely looking forward to it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:49 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:I'm definitely up for this. I am not a fan of the album at all, but I like the audio fidelity mixes quite allot (although there are pluses and minuses to them all)
I think this will be interesting as i have never heard the quad mixes.
So i am definitely looking forward to it.

There are no audio fidelity mixes. They are ( supposed ) to be straight transfers though we know he takes liberties.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:03 am

I want this!! Still a very good album.
I never understood why "Never been sold before" wasn't the first single as it could have been a huge hit.
The choice of "Teenage Lament" was more the musical direction Alice and Shep wanted to go, shame. At least that's my opinion.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:13 am

mestreech wrote:I want this!! Still a very good album.
I never understood why "Never been sold before" wasn't the first single as it could have been a huge hit.
The choice of "Teenage Lament" was more the musical direction Alice and Shep wanted to go, shame. At least that's my opinion.

I think Teenage Lament might have been more danceable.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:37 pm

I'll probably stand pat with my original vinyl, the Metal Blade cd and a needle drop of the Quad album. SH "work" on LITD/Killer/SO just did not impress me enough to open my wallet yet again. But for those who never had the quad MOL, it maybe worthwhile.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:I'll probably stand pat with my original vinyl, the Metal Blade cd and a needle drop of the Quad album. SH "work" on LITD/Killer/SO just did not impress me enough to open my wallet yet again. But for those who never had the quad MOL, it maybe worthwhile.
My only real problem with these releases is the price. I don`t think they justify being double the price of a normal CD.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Si wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote:I'll probably stand pat with my original vinyl, the Metal Blade cd and a needle drop of the Quad album. SH "work" on LITD/Killer/SO just did not impress me enough to open my wallet yet again. But for those who never had the quad MOL, it maybe worthwhile.
My only real problem with these releases is the price. I don`t think they justify being double the price of a normal CD.

I know it might defeating the purpose but a lossless download at a cheaper price might be an option.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:52 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Si wrote:

I know it might defeating the purpose but a lossless download at a cheaper price might be an option.
True, and probably the way things will go in the future.
I just like to have the physical thing personally and find the price unreasonable. I got the first three I think but then stopped.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Well I should have listened to my own advice, but seeing the 4.0 mix I tricked myself into thinking that the Quad version was going to used on this issue. Nope. What we have is, I assume (because I just listened through headphones on the computer) a 4.0 mix of the original stereo version of MoL. Quick A/B comparison to the Metal Blade cd. The AF comes in about 3 db quieter than the Metal Blade version, with a mild hit on the highs over 20k. Since my hearing doesn't detect frequencies that high, I notice no difference. It's a wash with the Metal Blade disc and no Quad mixes to be found. I read the promo release incorrectly - my bad I guess. IMO, an unnecessary purchase if you have the Metal Blade disc.

My copy #1634.

At some point I will listen to the whole thing and post any new findings.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:Well I should have listened to my own advice, but seeing the 4.0 mix I tricked myself into thinking that the Quad version was going to used on this issue. Nope. What we have is, I assume (because I just listened through headphones on the computer) a 4.0 mix of the original stereo version of MoL. Quick A/B comparison to the Metal Blade cd. The AF comes in about 3 db quieter than the Metal Blade version, with a mild hit on the highs over 20k. Since my hearing doesn't detect frequencies that high, I notice no difference. It's a wash with the Metal Blade disc and no Quad mixes to be found. I read the promo release incorrectly - my bad I guess. IMO, an unnecessary purchase if you have the Metal Blade disc.

My copy #1634.

Thanks TB. Who did this mix then if it's not the quad?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:39 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:Well I should have listened to my own advice, but seeing the 4.0 mix I tricked myself into thinking that the Quad version was going to used on this issue. Nope. What we have is, I assume (because I just listened through headphones on the computer) a 4.0 mix of the original stereo version of MoL. Quick A/B comparison to the Metal Blade cd. The AF comes in about 3 db quieter than the Metal Blade version, with a mild hit on the highs over 20k. Since my hearing doesn't detect frequencies that high, I notice no difference. It's a wash with the Metal Blade disc and no Quad mixes to be found. I read the promo release incorrectly - my bad I guess. IMO, an unnecessary purchase if you have the Metal Blade disc.

My copy #1634.

Interesting, I ALSO read it as using the original Quad mixes.
Weird to do a NEW Quad mix of one of only two (?) albums already available as Quad and which features different takes..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:50 pm

Si wrote:

My copy #1634.

Interesting, I ALSO read it as using the original Quad mixes.
Weird to do a NEW Quad mix of one of only two (?) albums already available as Quad and which features different takes..

Maybe Mestreech or someone who is not banned on Hoffman's site can ask the question.