Constrictor vs. Trash

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Constrictor vs. Trash

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:47 am

Pitkin88 & Darkmenace "inspired" this thread from their comments in the Kane Roberts thread. His two worst albums go head to head. I'll give a slight nod to Trash.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Constrictor vs. Trash

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:34 am

I am going with Constrictor. There is no improvement lyric wise on Trash and If anything they are a bit creepy for a middle aged man to be singing. Desmond Child's production sucks the life out of the music and it could easily be a Bon Jovi album.

Constrictor, I suppose, has Give It Up and Simple Disobedience whereas Trash only really has Poison. The songs are better crafted on Trash but they are so sterile.

Interestingly enough after the band exhausted the horror they turned to sex as Alice would do after the two Kane horror albums. Sadly Trash had nothing of the calibre of Never Been Sold Before, Muscle Of Love or Working Up A Sweat.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:50 pm

The only tracks I like are 'Life And Death Of The Party' and 'Poison', so it's a draw. The albums are equally awful; one's Motley Crue, the other's Bon Jovi.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:12 pm

I like "hair metal" so i have no real issue with trash - other than it doesnt feel like an alice album that often.
I love bed of nails, spark in the dark, maniacs in love with you (especially the live version - that outro was amazing) Hell is living without you and of course Poison.
The production is clean and very "large" sounding which i have no problem with (better than the muddy dirty special forces or lifeless Lace and whiskey or just plain ghastly along came a spider)
I would probably say Constrictor is better as i like more songs: teenage frankenstein, world needs guts, life and death of the party, crawlin, trick bag, he's back. But as we all know that drum machine is awful (i said on the other thread that i wish they would remix and get ken mary to re-record the drums for constrictor) and production is so cold and lifeless.

I dont get why everyone hates this period so much, they are both fun in different ways. trash is a great summer album which always gives me a smile but constrictor, despite the terrible production has probably more good songs and kane is great on it.

So long story short : constrictor is better :)

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:16 pm

Gotta go with CONSTRICTOR-not a great LP, but miles above TRASH and still enjoy giving it a spin now and then.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

HORRORHOLIC
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by HORRORHOLIC » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Constrictor for me.
"THEY'RE NEVER GONNA FIND YOUR FACE"

- ALICE COOPER

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Constrictor is an abomination to the Alice legacy, a stinking pile of dog poo, with the exception of 'give it up' and 'he's back' trash at least has melodies, decent singing and some quality about it.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:33 pm

From dadascot:
"I genuinely don't think Kane was a big part of the come back."

For better or worse, that's a completely false statement.

>RYFAY was much much worse! With the worst album cover since gwar!

I think their first record came out afterwards but your point still stands.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 pm

I like both albums, while not Alice's best, they aren't his worst either. I slightly prefer Trash to Constrictor.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Constrictor
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...