Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Chiller

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:09 am

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1zqKVyrVMZWxB

Neal, Dennis, Mike w Ingo and Nick. ( no Alice )

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Chiller

Post by recoop » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:01 am

pitkin88 wrote:https://www.periscope.tv/w/1zqKVyrVMZWxB

Neal, Dennis, Mike w Ingo and Nick. ( no Alice )
Thanks for posting- tour UK and I would be happy to pay £50 for a ticket- maybe this is the band rehearsing for a hoped for hook up with Alice for a tour- these 5 plus Alice would be great- if not these 5 calling themselves Billion Dollar Babies would be good enough for me to go and see. M Bruce was way more confident in his vocals and interaction with crowd-all good!
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Not sure if this will turn up w better sound. I hope so as I can barely hear Dennis. As for more dates with Alice I don't know. He have had a few false dawns before.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Having just watched the Youtube clip link provided by Steven Crayn, as a great fan of the original band I am sorry to write that I find it virtually unlistenable and bordering on embarrassing. Sound quality notwithstanding, the playing seems sloppy and amateurish (listen to part of the solo on Under My Wheels-it sounds out of key totally)-like a poor pub band. Maybe it's down to lack of rehearsal. Another point if they are going to appear more often and Alice isn't interested it would be better to use a decent lead vocalist as Michael unfortunately slaughters the songs. On this -admittedly limited evidence-no reunion should take place. In my opinion it would simply tarnish the memories.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:37 pm

Robbie wrote:Having just watched the Youtube clip link provided by Steven Crayn, as a great fan of the original band I am sorry to write that I find it virtually unlistenable and bordering on embarrassing. Sound quality notwithstanding, the playing seems sloppy and amateurish (listen to part of the solo on Under My Wheels-it sounds out of key totally)-like a poor pub band. Maybe it's down to lack of rehearsal. Another point if they are going to appear more often and Alice isn't interested it would be better to use a decent lead vocalist as Michael unfortunately slaughters the songs. On this -admittedly limited evidence-no reunion should take place. In my opinion it would simply tarnish the memories.

We have ZERO evidence whether the original band with Alice or others will be playing more shows. If there are paying shows there would undoubtedly be rehearsals. As 2 of the players here probably flew in from Iceland you might want to cut the band some slack.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:11 pm

pitkin88 wrote: As 2 of the players here probably flew in from Iceland you might want to cut the band some slack.
Only Ingo is from Iceland. Nick is from NY and is the guy behind the 'pretties For You' album performance in November.

Robbie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Robbie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:16 pm

......Pitkin wrote about cutting the band some slack. Fair enough-I am sure they would rehearse more if there were to be the prospect of more gigs- but I am not going to pretend something is good when it isn't.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Robbie wrote:......Pitkin wrote about cutting the band some slack. Fair enough-I am sure they would rehearse more if there were to be the prospect of more gigs- but I am not going to pretend something is good when it isn't.

That's a fair point.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:41 am

I just attempted to watch this and I couldn't make it all the way through "Be My Lover". My girlfriend was in the other room and yelled out "whoever that is they are just awful" not knowing who it was. I was hesitant to tell her who it actually was.

Not to sound too cruel but I think the guys would be best served if this video vanished from the internet.

If there is going to be a full reunion there is a LOT of work ahead and I think any reunion will include more than one additional guitarist.

I think George Takai could sum it up best-----"OH MY!!"

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:01 pm

To be fair, the guys had no sound check and literally walked on stage and played.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:16 pm

I was at the Chiller con, not the performance. I chatted with Dennis, Neal and Bruce and they were real cool dudes. They signed my Welcome 2 my nightmare CD because I already had Alice's signature on it and looks cool. I have to admit those guys are really down to earth, and Dennis, is like the coolest rock star ever to live. Anyway, I wish I caught the performance.
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:18 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:To be fair, the guys had no sound check and literally walked on stage and played.
That is no excuse for professional musicians.

Each week I see a group of rotating amateur musicians (some who meet each other just ten minutes before the performance)that form what amounts to a hillbilly jug band perform --with no sound check--no microphones, completely unplugged with some homemade instruments and they perform flawlessly. Also, the singer can actually sing.

I've seen bands at open mic performances, using other people's instruments, bring the house down with killer performances.

In my opinion--for a group of legends--this was embarrassing.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Embarrassing? Are you kidding me? Maybe Mike's vocals weren't perfect, but his playing was fine, & he looks fantastic, especially compared to how he looked at the RnR ceremony. Dennis & Neal were spot-on, such great musicians. The additional guitarists were adequate. Overall, they did an admirable job without much prep time. Hats off to Steve C. for providing the video for us.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:21 pm

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:Embarrassing? Are you kidding me? Maybe Mike's vocals weren't perfect, but his playing was fine, & he looks fantastic, especially compared to how he looked at the RnR ceremony. Dennis & Neal were spot-on, such great musicians. The additional guitarists were adequate. Overall, they did an admirable job without much prep time. Hats off to Steve C. for providing the video for us.
Couldn't agree more btw I had the idea this was a fun presentation much more then a serious well prepared rock show ready to be seriously criticised..

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:30 am

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:Embarrassing? Are you kidding me? Maybe Mike's vocals weren't perfect, but his playing was fine, & he looks fantastic, especially compared to how he looked at the RnR ceremony. Dennis & Neal were spot-on, such great musicians. The additional guitarists were adequate. Overall, they did an admirable job without much prep time. Hats off to Steve C. for providing the video for us.
Agreed! :8):

DIMMA
Killer
Killer

Post by DIMMA » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:35 am

Chiller was a party.
No rehearsal. No Soundcheck. Just good friends having great fun.

Here are two other live videos of some of the guilty parties having fun at other occasions.
The Voodoo Chile clip was an impromptu jam recorded in Phoenix in ´99, while the other is from a concert we did in Iceland in 2002.
A rare performance of My Stars at 28:30

https://youtu.be/BuMy9jo13z0

https://youtu.be/eQlwiC2ojwA

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:19 am

DIMMA wrote:Chiller was a party.
No rehearsal. No Soundcheck. Just good friends having great fun.

Here are two other live videos of some of the guilty parties having fun at other occasions.
The Voodoo Chile clip was an impromptu jam recorded in Phoenix in ´99, while the other is from a concert we did in Iceland in 2002.
A rare performance of My Stars at 28:30

https://youtu.be/BuMy9jo13z0

https://youtu.be/eQlwiC2ojwA
It's good to see these guys rocking again!

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:05 am

DIMMA- Voodoo Chile brilliant stuff-thanks
You are an individual, just like everybody else.