Glen played with Motley Crue in Buffalo last night

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Glen played with Motley Crue in Buffalo last night

Post by SickThings » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:26 am

For those who haven't seen it on Facebook, Glen Sobel replaced Tommy Lee for last night's Motley Crue show in Buffalo, NY. Here's what Glen posted on FB:
So today at 12:30pm I got a call from Motley Crüe management about me filling in for Tommy Lee who has a hurt wrist. After our Alice Cooper set, I rocked a set w/ Crue here in Buffalo, NY. It's been an insane day of prep & making cheat sheets. I can't describe what an honor its been to rock tonight with Vince, Mick, Nikki & Tommy who was handling some of the electronics and cueing me through the in ear monitors from side stage. No- I did not do the Cruecify drum solo. But I played with the guys for the finale of Home Sweet Home on the hydraulic stage by front of house.

It's one of those things- had I known when I was a kid this would happen one day----you get the picture.

Here's to hoping Tommy Lee's wrist heals up quickly. I'm familiar with the experience of playing though pain while being on tour. It isn't fun.

Thx to all my Alice band mates & crew members (especially Michael Miller & Nick Engle) for making this day run smooth, and of course Alice for having me out on this amazing tour.

See you at the next show!

G
Hunter

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Glen played with Motley Crue in Buffalo last night

Post by killer wolf » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:38 am

Hope Tommy's well for Newcastle. Be fricking annoying if we miss the drum thiing on the last tour :-/
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:44 am

killer wolf wrote:Hope Tommy's well for Newcastle. Be fricking annoying if we miss the drum thiing on the last tour :-/
FWIW, the Crucifly also depends on the venue size and logistics. I've seen this show twice, and the Crucifly zero times. And at least those two dates, it was no Crucifly, no drum solo at all.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Sorry I didn't see this post & I posted this news along with the review from the show from the Buffalo News on the Raise the Dead Tour Thread so if you need to remove my post on that...no problem.

I was at the show & Alice & band were phenomenal once again. Ryan & Nita were signing autographs in the lobby prior to the show & were great to meet. My wife for the 2nd year in a row also thought Cooper was much better than the Crue & she's a fan of the Crue.

Glen Sobel performed great for both sets