Hollywood Vampires - Any chance of a live DVD release?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Hollywood Vampires - Any chance of a live DVD release?

Post by recoop » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:53 pm

I know not every one likes it but I really like HV's Rock in Rio played at high volume through the stereo from my laptop- so what are the chances of this coming out on DVD(with a live CD perchance) with perhaps snippets of Roxy show- Come on at least one of you has the inside track. Spill the beans or I'll play Ubangi Stomp to you!
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Re: Hollywood Vampires - Any chance of a live DVD release?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:24 pm

Play it, play it. :clap:
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:49 am

To be honest, I really just want this slice of Coop's history to just
go away.:smack:
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:59 am

evil syd wrote:To be honest, I really just want this slice of Coop's history to just
Why ? It's the best publicity and exposure that Alice has had for 25 years , in that regard I love it , and yes I would love a live DVD too .

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:03 am

nurserozetta wrote:
evil syd wrote:To be honest, I really just want this slice of Coop's history to just
Why ? It's the best publicity and exposure that Alice has had for 25 years , in that regard I love it , and yes I would love a live DVD too .

Why does he need exposure? The damn thing sold bugger all and was sub par. It wont increase sales cd or concert wise. I think it's dying a slow death.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:52 pm

pitkin88 wrote: .....I think it's dying a slow death.
Could we speed it up?.... :laugh:

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:26 pm

I have found a lot of Alice's solo work patchy and some albums I haven't liked but I never spend much time commenting negatively on them. I just accept people like different stuff.

As for Alice live, I like most things he does. I think the HV's Rock in Rio set was really what live festival shows are about- the crowd seemed to love it.I loved the drumming of Matt Sorum, the mega loud guitars and Alice's gruff vocals were really good. I can't see a lot not to like. Alice getting to growl in front of a bigger crowd than usual and enjoying it with some of his many musical mates. You gotta have enjoyed Whole Lotta Love with Lizzy Hale. If not you have had a rock bypass lol.
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:12 pm

I would love a live DVD/CD of the Hollywood Vampires

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:20 pm

rtbuck wrote:I would love a live DVD/CD of the Hollywood Vampires

With cd sales so far this is probably not feasible.

rtbuck
Killer
Killer

Post by rtbuck » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:52 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
rtbuck wrote:I would love a live DVD/CD of the Hollywood Vampires

With cd sales so far this is probably not feasible.

That makes sense but I'd still like a copy of it. What I like is it seems that live cd's/dvd's by Alice seems to come out on a pretty regular basis... Raise the Dead 2014, No More Mr. Nice Guy Live 2012, Theater of Death Live 2010, The Super Duper Alice Cooper box set... . I'm just a fan of Alice & I always look forward to any releases. I really like the HV album so I'd love to see a DVD

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:21 pm

evil syd wrote:
To be honest, I really just want this slice of Coop's history to just
pitkin88 wrote:
Why does he need exposure? The damn thing sold bugger all and was sub par. It wont increase sales cd or concert wise. I think it's dying a slow death.
More negativity from the prognosticators of dismal returns. Wake up! You'll never get another Dada, AC may still have another "Classic" up his sleeve but for now you'll have to settle for what's he's presently doing. At least for the next year or so - you could fill buckets with your Crocodile Tears between now & then.
:headcutoff:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:22 pm

Given that there is a very high quality Rock In Rio television performance circulating, I think it's not only unlikely but also unnecessary there be an official DVD release.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:08 am

There has been more publicity than normal, but along with that have been some very bad reviews, so I don't see how the publicity has been a reward. So I kind of expect this to just fade away and be mostly forgotten about in a year or so. It's also the first album I decided preview before buying, and I'm glad I did. I wish I would have with W2MN. I was listening too ACAS earlier this week, and it's a shame that the production is so awful. Speeding the tracks up in a music editor makes those songs less stiff and pulls out the garage rock and rolling stones element that is destroyed by the production. I think he made three really good albums in a row and now two duds with W2MN and HV, but I'm hoping that maybe even though that is the case, this will steer him back towards the garage rock/classic rock writing of eyes, dd, and acas but with Ezrin producing.

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote: At least for the next year or so - you could fill buckets with your Crocodile Tears between now & then.
:headcutoff:
Thanks D&C! So, I guess we have your blessing then. Cool! as long as we don't spill it we are good to go.... :)

MrD Returns
Killer
Killer

Post by MrD Returns » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Hmmmm. Interesting that there's quite a bit of backlash to this. I really like the HV's take on the songs on the CD and the show in RIO , despite a couple of minor miscues I thought was great. I believe at this stage in the career Alice is just trying to have as much fun as he can. Whether it's playing in front of 100,000 in Rio with the Vampires or in front of 75 people in a record store with the old gang. I don't recall seeing him perform recently where he seems as happy as he has been lately.
Looked like Mike, Neal and Dennis were having a pretty good time too. Hopefully we'll see some more of these type gigs in intimate venues of those guys just playing and having fun.

One more thing...Lzzy Hale is awesome. What an impressive set of pipes she has. Voice aint too bad either...hubba hubba.
When I die I hope I'm surrounded by burning gas and shattered chrome.

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:12 am

More than ever I think the next best step is a new studio album with the original band while everyone is still healthy enough to do. Nothing Alice releases will sell much any longer, W2MN and HV are proof of that. But doing a full album with the entire band would be a kick to the system, a sound that could be amazing, and where else are such sparks going to come from?

I understand where Alice would not want to do a long tour with his former band, but a few dates like the HV would be perfect. Then he can still do his longer solo tours like he does now.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:02 am

darkmenace wrote:More than ever I think the next best step is a new studio album with the original band while everyone is still healthy enough to do. Nothing Alice releases will sell much any longer, W2MN and HV are proof of that. But doing a full album with the entire band would be a kick to the system, a sound that could be amazing, and where else are such sparks going to come from?

I understand where Alice would not want to do a long tour with his former band, but a few dates like the HV would be perfect. Then he can still do his longer solo tours like he does now.
I agree in theory but there is one thing people would need to understand going into such a album project. It will NOT be as good as the classic band albums. It simply can`t be. It's not possible however good it is.
1. Those original albums, at least from LITD to MOL, are possibly the greatest string of album released by anyone ever - to us. They caught lightning in a jar, that won`t happen again. It just can`t.
2. We know those records like members of our family. They are old dear friends and nothing can equal them now. I don`t even have to listen to them to know how good they are. I can hear every note in my head I've heard them so many times.
3. There is no Glen. He added to the sound of the original band immensely and sadly there is no way to capture his essence.

What we will likely get is a collection of quality rock songs along the lines of 'I'll Bite Your Face Off' but I can`t honestly see the chance of another 'Black Juju', 'Halo of Flies' or 'My Stars', songs that were essential parts of the original bands style. It's not that they couldn`t do something along those lines, I just don`t think their heads are in that space any more. Would love to be proved wrong of course.

I think that what they are doing right now is perfect. Have a couple of original band songs on each AC album and the occasional guest appearances here and there. Keeps it fun. But yes, do the six or so full shows (LA, NY and London) as talked about a few years back, almost to get it done before it's too late. No one is getting any younger (band and audience) and you never know what fate has around the corner so do it now while you can. Don`t wait to discover the regret not doing it while you can.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Good post Si. It's hard to disagree with your statements. I agree that if they did a full album, it would never live up to what they did in the past. It is impossible. It's been too long. And one of the members isn't even on this planet anymore so it's technically something less right out of the gate.

That's what my head says, anyhow. But the truth is, if they did an album, my heart would get excited like a little kid even though I know all that.

On the other hand, the shows definitely need to happen, and it's getting very close to now or never. They can't wait until they're in their 70s. C'mon. If they never do even just a proper mini-tour, it's a seriously a sad deal that they couldn't make it work. This band was significant enough that it deserves a proper and fulfilling finish with 4/5 members still alive. Bands of much lesser caliber have managed to do so.

I was thinking some time back about if they ever did this sort of thing, how cool would it be if Alice did something along the lines of what Johnny Cash did near the end where he went back to his roots to do more of what he once was, the darker guy and music as opposed to the All-American guy he eventually became.

In Alice's case, that would be playing the character the original way... the victim instead of the perpetrator... bring out the leotard again... the boots... make the shows truly special and show everyone more of what Alice Cooper really was back in the day.

It would be interesting on many levels. Could Alice play that character sober? Could he play him at this age? I think he could. It would be cool as heck.

And it would certainly differentiate a reunion tour vs. what a typical modern day Alice show is and make it truly special. Perhaps that angle could even help sell it to the promoters, etc.

Go all out!
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:42 pm

A new album from the original band with songs in the calibre of " When Hell Comes Home " wouldn't be far off the ol' classic albums. Brilliant song.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Si wrote:
darkmenace wrote:More than ever I think the next best step is a new studio album with the original band while everyone is still healthy enough to do. Nothing Alice releases will sell much any longer, W2MN and HV are proof of that. But doing a full album with the entire band would be a kick to the system, a sound that could be amazing, and where else are such sparks going to come from?

I agree in theory but there is one thing people would need to understand going into such a album project. It will NOT be as good as the classic band albums. It simply can`t be. It's not possible however good it is.
1. Those original albums, at least from LITD to MOL, are possibly the greatest string of album released by anyone ever - to us. They caught lightning in a jar, that won`t happen again. It just can`t.
2. We know those records like members of our family. They are old dear friends and nothing can equal them now. I don`t even have to listen to them to know how good they are. I can hear every note in my head I've heard them so many times.
3. There is no Glen. He added to the sound of the original band immensely and sadly there is no way to capture his essence.

What we will likely get is a collection of quality rock songs along the lines of 'I'll Bite Your Face Off' but I can`t honestly see the chance of another 'Black Juju', 'Halo of Flies' or 'My Stars', songs that were essential parts of the original bands style. It's not that they couldn`t do something along those lines, I just don`t think their heads are in that space any more. Would love to be proved wrong of course.

I think that what they are doing right now is perfect. Have a couple of original band songs on each AC album and the occasional guest appearances here and there. Keeps it fun. But yes, do the six or so full shows (LA, NY and London) as talked about a few years back, almost to get it done before it's too late. No one is getting any younger (band and audience) and you never know what fate has around the corner so do it now while you can. Don`t wait to discover the regret not doing it while you can.
Very good points, Si and agree with You that there would not be any songs on the level of 1971-73, but they still could write some corkers-the three band songs on W2 are proof of that.
Would be happy with anything they could come up with-there's still magic in those fingers :rock: !
I said almost the same thing about LITD-MOL being the best albums ever made by anyone ever...still timeless and better than family...they won't get on your nerves.
"I need everything the world owes me..."