Dada God
Dada God

Re: ACG LIVE on Periscope

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Good man. Thanks!!

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:19 pm

I was really not that surprised as I had mentioned recently in another thread that I felt that events like this will be taking place quite frequently in the future.

It's pretty obvious that Alice is at the stage where he is looking back and celebrating his career. One could say he has come full circle.

I'm very certain that the original members will do special appearances either as a unit or seperately with Alice and I'm sure it will eventually lead to some writing and recording.

As far as a full-blown reunion tour is concerned, I guess we'll all have to wait and see, but I'm pretty sure we will get a few dates of reunion shows with special guests.

Again--I really believe that what we are in store for is gooing to be a sort of "all-stars" type of show.

A set of Alice greatest hits with the original band, a set of Alice in full make-up with a backing band doing solo Alice, other members of an "all-stars" band (like Hollywood Vampires) doing their hits W/ Alice singing, and then an all-star jam at the end involving everybody.

It's not too far off from what we saw in Dallas. Also, it looks like everyone was having fun and really enjoying themselves.

Also, from a financial stand point and "all stars" type revue would make it much easier to market across the smaller markets. It could make a full blown reunion tour financially viable.

At any rate--it's quite obvious to anyone who saw the events in Dallas that there is something brewing. How can anyone not see it?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:43 pm

mr.barlow wrote: At any rate--it's quite obvious to anyone who saw the events in Dallas that there is something brewing. How can anyone not see it?
I could see that they were have having fun & the audience was loving it to death. That's what I want to see from a band onstage, enjoying the performance & the audience eating it up!
When the money becomes a factor, re:touring - how much "fun" are they having & at what cost will have to weighed. :mb:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:53 pm

The only way a full blown reunion tour will happen is if it will make money and a profit.

Having fun is great--but it doesn't pay the salaries for the staff & crew, the gas for the trucks, and fill the endless money pit that is the rock n roll tour.

It's something that has to be weighed by all of those involved. Alice has been on the road for nearly the last 30 years straight. He is used to the up and downs, the grind and the beating one takes from being on the road. The other guys will gave to decide if they want to/ or are able to embark on such a tour.

I will say this--if there is a ton of money to be made, I'm sure they will all jump at the chance and will also have a lot of fun doing it. Even if they have to pretend.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:20 am

For anyone who missed the periscope broadcast and video before it was taken off most of the Q and A is on YouTube in 2 chunks and most of the performance In one chunk save playing in bits and bobs

Q & A part 1
http://youtu.be/zx1KQddwDa8

Q & A part 2
http://youtu.be/0jfYbpBDQGE

Performance (minus Elected)
http://youtu.be/sQuYnldPlqY
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:59 am

Too short. Just great thank you.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Alice is sounding very good in those vids.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Short review, plus a dozen photos http://goo.gl/y5v1O5

Longer review, plus many (different) photos http://goo.gl/KijIQ3

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:52 pm

I am not too excited. The players manage but that's about it. Compared to the current touring band they sound sloppy and amateurish. I don't have the history of following the original band so obviously I have no sentimental feelings. I do understand that they wrote many of the songs. But Nita 10/10 times for me.

Just my opinion.

sickthing
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by sickthing » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:58 am

Maaki wrote:I am not too excited. The players manage but that's about it. Compared to the current touring band they sound sloppy and amateurish. I don't have the history of following the original band so obviously I have no sentimental feelings. I do understand that they wrote many of the songs. But Nita 10/10 times for me.

Just my opinion.
Dennis and Neal sound sloppy and ameteurish? Really?

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:02 am

sickthing wrote:
Maaki wrote:I am not too excited. The players manage but that's about it. Compared to the current touring band they sound sloppy and amateurish. I don't have the history of following the original band so obviously I have no sentimental feelings. I do understand that they wrote many of the songs. But Nita 10/10 times for me.

Just my opinion.
Dennis and Neal sound sloppy and ameteurish? Really?
I sadly don't have an ear for bass so I'll take your word about Dennis , certainly , looks the goods still but I reckon Neal can well and truly hold his onto do this day ,fantastic drummer

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:36 pm

sickthing wrote:
Maaki wrote: Dennis and Neal sound sloppy and ameteurish? Really?
Sorry mate. They did to me, but that's just my take and opinion and it won't change a thing :)

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:55 am

As I'm not a musician maybe Steve Crayn could tell us more.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:37 pm

mestreech wrote:As I'm not a musician maybe Steve Crayn could tell us more.
Actually, I am going to go and edit those posts instead. It was an opinion, but in hind sight I don't see what it is adding to discussion at all. It's probably just serving to derail it.

My bad.

EDIT: Bleh. I can't edit the posts anymore. Please just disregard them and carry on :HEART:

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:08 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:From pitkin88:
"Whatever you want?"

I thought the reunions were great just as the reunions in 1998, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2010 and 2011 were great as well, but as you know, I rarely comment on whether something is any good or not.
Well, why not? Would like to hear comparisons or high points about some of those shows from your point of view.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:39 pm

From tuneylune:
Well, why not? Would like to hear comparisons or high points about some of those shows from your point of view

Although that's flattering, my personal taste shouldn't be important.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:14 pm

i woudl say something like : the mere fact of them four playing together was the highlight of the happening ! The setting wasn't exactly a high tech studio, so it might be rather difficult to judge on the quality of the sound..
you really wouldn't understand..

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:49 pm

patrick wrote:i woudl say something like : the mere fact of them four playing together was the highlight of the happening ! The setting wasn't exactly a high tech studio, so it might be rather difficult to judge on the quality of the sound..

Let's not get bogged down with the quality of sound and musicianship. It was rough and raw and sounded as close to the original sound as you could get. There was the element of surprise and the backdrop also added to things. It was wonderful.