Remembering the Brutal Planet Tour

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Remembering the Brutal Planet Tour

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:08 pm

I was pleased to stumble across this video on You Tube tonight (apologies in advance if I'm not allowed to provide the link, do delete if needed):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0FYi8xeuU

I have a few bootleg videos from this tour, but haven't watched them for a while so it was good to be reminded of something I already knew. For me, this recreates the live show far better than the ultra-polished (and in truth, a bit sterile) DVD release of the 2000 show in London.

In my opinion, this is the best solo tour Alice and co. have done in the last 20 years and it's a real shame that nothing since then has re-captured the creativity and general freshness of the content. There really was a bit of everything on offer here, lots of new songs, the old classics, a cover song and some really good props and costumes. All of them worked in harmony to excellent all-round effect.

The Dragontown tour was also very good but, much like the album, seemed a bit like the leftovers from Brutal Planet.

That is all.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

tim10cc
Killer
Killer

Re: Remembering the Brutal Planet Tour

Post by tim10cc » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:35 pm

I have seen Alice over a dozen times.

Brutal Planet tours stands out to me. At the time I wish I had more $$ to have gone seen it in a different city.

I agree Alice had a great mix with the setlist.

The first time I saw Alice was on the Nightmare returns tour. The tours I have enjoyed the most were RYFAY & Brutal Planet.

Thanks for sharing.
The road to hell is littered with nice guys with good intentions.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Remembering the Brutal Planet Tour

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:56 am

Brutal Planet was the first Alice Cooper show I saw and whilst I remember very little of the actual show I remember the memory of how awesome it was and from there I was hooked.
I'm glad a DVD was brought out to remember the show as it was amazing.
I seem to recall Dragontown being fairly similar to this show a few years later.
In terms of the set and production Brutal Planet will always be my favourite that I have seen live but The Theatre of Death Tour runs it pretty close.
In terms of DVD recordings go Alice Cooper Trashes The World won't be beaten. This was the DVD (VHS back then) that got me hooked onto Alice Cooper at the tender age of 3/4 years old.
That live performance of Poison was the one that dragged me in and made me the Alice Cooper fan I am today.