I suspect a new album is already being prepared...

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

I suspect a new album is already being prepared...

Post by GailsFriend » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:28 am

For months, we heard Alice say that the Hollywood Vampires album is "finished". Let's look at this, he is with Bob Ezrin....and several other musicians....what keeps him from recording new music? I believe a new album is a) done or b) nearly done. What do you think?
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I suspect a new album is already being prepared...

Post by mestreech » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:31 am

A complete new album? I doubt it but some songs? Yes
We now for sure there is a song with Marilyn Manson from the HV sessions.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:47 am

Would that mean there is a greater chance of HV2 than an Alice album? Does anyone know any other details?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:23 am

andyrew wrote:Would that mean there is a greater chance of HV2 than an Alice album? Does anyone know any other details?

For sure that one track means it's a certainty.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:25 am

GailsFriend wrote:For months, we heard Alice say that the Hollywood Vampires album is "finished". Let's look at this, he is with Bob Ezrin....and several other musicians....what keeps him from recording new music? I believe a new album is a) done or b) nearly done. What do you think?
He has no songs. He's on tour. There is no evidence a new album has been recorded. Does he even have a label?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:29 am

The HV albums has just been released. All of the focus is on this projrct and upcoming shows. I would be quite certain that the emphasis is on this project and this project only.

I agree that if this album and tour is deemed a success than Alice's next release will also be with the Hollywood Vampires. He would not abandon a successful project and one he clearly enjoys. This is the most press and buzz Alice has seen in many years and it seems he genuinely likes working with these musicians.

I agree with the person (sorry I can't remember who at the moment), who in another thread suggested that Alice may eventually emf up with a band like Ringo Starr's All-Star Band.

If HV is successful I think that's what it will morph into. A group fronted by Alice with an ever-changing lineup of high profile/legenday musicians that will go out on the road each year. I can also see Dennis, Neal and even Mike being a part of it from time to time.

It will be a revue type show of Alice hits along with hits from the other members and other classic rock songs. I really see the HV becoming this type of touring band/show.

Alice is now comfotable with his legacy and celebrating his past. I would expect it to continue for a few years and well past his 70th birthday.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:47 am

As far as the Manson collab goes, Alice has been quoted as saying this:

"I think we wrote five originals [for HV] but we didn't know which ones would actually end up on the album. I also did one song with Marilyn Manson that's probably gonna be on my next album. it just didn't fit this album as much as it's gonna fit my next album."

As far as I know, that's the only thing we've heard about a future album, and the way he referred to it as 'my album' makes me think it's a solo project away from HV.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:54 am

mr.barlow wrote:The HV albums has just been released. All of the focus is on this projrct and upcoming shows. I would be quite certain that the emphasis is on this project and this project only.

I agree that if this album and tour is deemed a success than Alice's next release will also be with the Hollywood Vampires. He would not abandon a successful project and one he clearly enjoys. This is the most press and buzz Alice has seen in many years and it seems he genuinely likes working with these musicians.

I agree with the person (sorry I can't remember who at the moment), who in another thread suggested that Alice may eventually emf up with a band like Ringo Starr's All-Star Band.

If HV is successful I think that's what it will morph into. A group fronted by Alice with an ever-changing lineup of high profile/legenday musicians that will go out on the road each year. I can also see Dennis, Neal and even Mike being a part of it from time to time.

It will be a revue type show of Alice hits along with hits from the other members and other classic rock songs. I really see the HV becoming this type of touring band/show.

Alice is now comfotable with his legacy and celebrating his past. I would expect it to continue for a few years and well past his 70th birthday.

Doubt the Ringo thing would work. No make up no fans. No stage show no fans. I really doubt Depp would commit long term. Horrible idea. Vampires are done except for the odd one off.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:59 am

Another nail in the vampires coffin is the money. Depp, Perry et al would not comes as cheap as Nita and Chuck.

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:05 am

I do think this will turn out to be a one off project since fans may not take a liking to multiple cover albums being released as opposed to original material. Although since it is something he enjoys, whose to say he won't make another one? One thing that seems to be happening though is Alice finishing more songs for HV, or any particular album, and using ones that don't fit like the one with Manson on his next project. It only makes sense. Alice wants to continue to put himself out there so I highly doubt he won't release another album of his own original material in the next 2-3 years. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:50 am

Well ... evidently he's got ideas for a new album, and evidently he enjoys performing / touring - which must be hard when your band consists of movie stars and superstar guitarists from other groups.

I don't think it was ever suggested that the Hollywood Vampires would be anything more than a single album and a handful of shows. A flash in the pan collaboration where they acquire the time from some superstars to record on the album and then invite whoever is free to perform a few striking shows. Makes for something special and unique ... I'm sure that's totally up Alice's street.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:20 am

The HV album seemed to take ages to come out with it being delayed several times. Although I got the impression Alice enjoyed working with these stars it may have been frustrating trying to get everyone needed into the studio at any given time. This is probably why I think there was a delay (although it is a speculative guess).
Maybe Alice just wanted a break from his regular stage show (having taken the support slot to Motley Crue) to do something different but at the same time keeping his name in the press with The Vampires album.
I would find it difficult to accept Alice touring in an all star band without the make up for the remaining years of his life. I also reckon Alice would have an issue with this. From the guy who created shock rock, the last thing he would want to do would see the whole theatrics and stage show fizzle out.
From the vids I kind of get the impression Alice isn't himself. He likes to be the main man on stage and who can blame him.
For me all the evidence points to Alice doing what he does best.
With the delay in getting this album out I firmly believe there are five or six tracks all ready written for a new AC album where the Manson appearance means we could be heading towards another Brutal Planet-esque album, which would be really exciting.
I know Alice always spoke of an album about a night shift which has never materialised as well.

The Crue dates finish at the end of the year, I'm sure Alice will want a new show out after this to tour, hopefully alongside a new album to kick off mid-2016. That's my hopes anyway :rock:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:02 am

from pitkin88:
"Does he even have a label?"

That isn't how it works - Alice hasn't had one of those for about ten years or so but it doesn't stop albums from being released.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:17 am

pitkin88 wrote:
mr.barlow wrote:The HV albums has just been released. All of the focus is on this projrct and upcoming shows. I would be quite certain that the emphasis is on this project and this project only.

Doubt the Ringo thing would work. No make up no fans. No stage show no fans. I really doubt Depp would commit long term. Horrible idea. Vampires are done except for the odd one off.
I truly pity you, Pitkin. Each of your caustic eruptions makes me grateful for the occasional kinship, joy, and entertainment that the rest of us are able to experience. Sincerely, I wish you happiness.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:20 pm

I have a feeling that the next release will be an Alice album. It looks as though HV hasn't been as successful as hoped which may dampen enthusiasm for a follow up although everyone looks as if they are having a lot of fun. Every album has unreleased or unfinished songs and demos and Alice has cited the Marilyn Manson track as earmarked for his next album but that certainly doesn't point to an inimment release. He seems to be taking longer between releases. My hope would be an Alice album in the spring followed by a genuine tour but my feeling would be 2017 at the earliest followed by sporadic shows. By that point he will be 69!

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:16 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:from pitkin88:
"Does he even have a label?"

That isn't how it works - Alice hasn't had one of those for about ten years or so but it doesn't stop albums from being released.

WTMN and ACAS weren't released by a label?

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:37 pm

>WTMN and ACAS weren't released by a label?

Yes they were but he wasn't signed to one when he started working on those albums, so whether he is currently signed to one isn't important.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:46 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>WTMN and ACAS weren't released by a label?

Yes they were but he wasn't signed to one when he started working on those albums, so whether he is currently signed to one isn't important.
Fair point I did not know that. Did he pay for all the recording costs out of pocket for those albums?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:05 pm

I think the way it works with a lot of artists these days is that the recording costs are covered by the artist themselves or investors. I believe Donald Trump was an investor in Neil Young's last album (I'm not kidding).

The main part of getting a label is to gain access to wide distrbution networks. As time goes on this is getting less and less important as it won't be long until nearly all music is purchased digitally.

Digital distribution cuts out all of the costs with making and distributing physical product and this is the main reason people were brainwashed into downloading songs. It saves the entertainment conglomerates BILLIONS in costs. This was done not for the convenience of the consumer--it was done to save the corportations untold billions of dollars in costs.

The positive thing is that the same technolgy that saves the corporations billions has made it possible for artists to be able to make a living free of any label. The record deal does not mean as much as it did twenty years ago. Especially for an artist like Alice.

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:19 pm

mr.barlow wrote:I think the way it works with a lot of artists these days is that the recording costs are covered by the artist themselves or investors. I believe Donald Trump was an investor in Neil Young's last album (I'm not kidding).

The main part of getting a label is to gain access to wide distrbution networks. As time goes on this is getting less and less important as it won't be long until nearly all music is purchased digitally.

Digital distribution cuts out all of the costs with making and distributing physical product and this is the main reason people were brainwashed into downloading songs. It saves the entertainment conglomerates BILLIONS in costs. This was done not for the convenience of the consumer--it was done to save the corportations untold billions of dollars in costs.

The positive thing is that the same technolgy that saves the corporations billions has made it possible for artists to be able to make a living free of any label. The record deal does not mean as much as it did twenty years ago. Especially for an artist like Alice.
And sadly this would be the final death knell of the album cover (sigh)